ADVERTISEMENT

Post 2A Week 7 Scores!

@Smithboy99 whats going to be funny is when Hertford County beats one of the Duplin County powers, and there’s a very good chance that happens.
I agree with this comment too. Someone calling HC a .500 team at best is a little disrespectful seeing how HC only lost to a undefeated Tarboro team and Northeastern who is also undefeated and HC should win the rest of their games remaining this season. The only comparison that may have been made of Clinton and HC is that both are great teams. I do feel Clinton is better than HC though. Both Northeastern and HC are great teams and could possibly beat ED in the playoffs. Like many including myself before have said let's see how the Wallace vs ED game at Wallace goes. Then we will know a lot of what we need to know. Not being disrespectful either cause ED is looking good. I do feel though we may have seen some of what we needed to know in the ED vs JK game. We will all take in account though that ED is young and JK is a rivalry being neighbors so that may be the reason the game was closer than the JK vs Whiteville game. I just think Whiteville win over JK was a little more impressive than the ED win at JK.

Reactions: PackHorses
I agree with this comment too. Someone calling HC a .500 team at best is a little disrespectful seeing how HC only lost to a undefeated Tarboro team and Northeastern who is also undefeated and HC should win the rest of their games remaining this season. The only comparison that may have been made of Clinton and HC is that both are great teams. I do feel Clinton is better than HC though. Both Northeastern and HC are great teams and could possibly beat ED in the playoffs. Like many including myself before have said let's see how the Wallace vs ED game at Wallace goes. Then we will know a lot of what we need to know. Not being disrespectful either cause ED is looking good. I do feel though we may have seen some of what we needed to know in the ED vs JK game. We will all take in account though that ED is young and JK is a rivalry being neighbors so that may be the reason the game was closer than the JK vs Whiteville game. I just think Whiteville win over JK was a little more impressive than the ED win at JK.
I agree with everything you said. Also people should take into account that Hertford County/Northeastern is a huge rivalry and it was for the conference championship. They always play us tough and they have beaten us before. The last time they upset us in Elizabeth City we went on to win the eastern championship in Sampson County. Everyone wrote us off after we lost three games in a row to Holmes/Havelock/Hertford County.

Guess its whatever mood your in or what the weather is like that day. Have a good day sir.

I guess you were in the mood to type a lot. You know you can post as much as you want (ask Goob) you don’t have to save them all up for a thesis.

Yes. To me there is a HUGE difference between a third round playoff game against a cross county rival that you have past history with and a regular season game against an opponent who was a double figure underdog. (I believe Goob said Northeastern was supposed to win by three touchdowns. You’re good at remembering what folks say, I’m sure you remember this) And after the East was “put on notice” the week before, damn right I’m gonna point that out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
I do feel though we may have seen some of what we needed to know in the ED vs JK game. We will all take in account though that ED is young and JK is a rivalry being neighbors so that may be the reason the game was closer than the JK vs Whiteville game.

What did you see that I didn’t? Since you were obviously there.

East Duplin is young. They were also on the road for the THIRD week in a row against a cross county rival. And James Kenan was never in the game. East Duplin won by three touchdowns and kept the JK offense off the scoreboard.

I haven’t made any claims about East Duplin this year. Haven’t put East “on notice” or guaranteed victory over anyone. And I’ve been very candid about their schedule. But whatever you think you saw from the box score of this particular game ain’t it.

I guess you were in the mood to type a lot. You know you can post as much as you want (ask Goob) you don’t have to save them all up for a thesis.

Yes. To me there is a HUGE difference between a third round playoff game against a cross county rival that you have past history with and a regular season game against an opponent who was a double figure underdog. (I believe Goob said Northeastern was supposed to win by three touchdowns. You’re good at remembering what folks say, I’m sure you remember this) And after the East was “put on notice” the week before, damn right I’m gonna point that out.
My apologies. I like to actually think before I post something and make sure I explain myself good with facts instead of just running off at the mouth like some do. Sorry I made you actually have to read and think a little. Thanks for explaining your logic. Not going to argue with you. We all have a right to our opinions.
What did you see that I didn’t? Since you were obviously there.
Yes I was there. I already said ED was "young" and playing a rivalry game. Clinton was young too when they lost by 17 to ED. I guess you missed it in my thesis. I wont make this any longer than it needs to be for you. I know you have a lot to do. Good luck to your Panthers the rest of the season and in the playoffs. Have a good day sir!

Simmons had it at 5. I said I felt like we were around 3tds better if we play well. I hope you get your wish and get to play us. I promise you that I will not let you forget it when we win. Now @oldway55 I like him, he’s a class act and a nice person in general that I respect.

Simmons had it at 5. I said I felt like we were around 3tds better if we play well. I hope you get your wish and get to play us. I promise you that I will not let you forget it when we win. Now @oldway55 I like him, he’s a class act and a nice person in general that I respect.

And there you go talking about Ifs

I haven’t stated anywhere on this board that I wish or hope that we play Northeastern.

I also haven’t over inflated the capabilities of the team in Beulaville. On the contrary, I stated just last week that while my boys had been a lot better than I thought they might be after losing so much last year that their inexperience at key positions might catch up to them come playoff time.

But there is something you shouldn’t forget. Your Eagles played ED in a home/away and lost both times. Has Northeastern ever beaten a team from Duplin County?

My apologies. I like to actually think before I post something and make sure I explain myself good with facts instead of just running off at the mouth like some do. Sorry I made you actually have to read and think a little. Thanks for explaining your logic. Not going to argue with you. We all have a right to our opinions.

Yes I was there. I already said ED was "young" and playing a rivalry game. Clinton was young too when they lost by 17 to ED. I guess you missed it in my thesis. I wont make this any longer than it needs to be for you. I know you have a lot to do. Good luck to your Panthers the rest of the season and in the playoffs. Have a good day sir!

Thanks!

Reactions: FootballDad2023
AWWWW THANKS!!!! ☺️ But you don't have to be all nice and stuff. It's OK if you want out of the bet just say so🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT