ADVERTISEMENT

2A Rankings Week 7

Again glad there is someone on here talking about PAC7. I am guessing you are kinda young going by the amount of messages and the times you post them. Quick tip about PAC7 postings and commenting on rankings.
Talk junk to each other all you want, within reason. Then when dust settles don’t talk down about your opponent, win or lose. See because if you say a team that your team beat isn’t very good in your opinion then well your team didn’t really accomplish anything by beating said team.
Wow that was a run on sentence huh?
Also I know it’s hard but like ACC pull for each other in playoffs...
Ok that was difficult to type with a straight face...😜

😅😅 thanks for the tips kidd! If you can read, you would see I Didn't say Green and Gold wasn't very good. I said they were ranked to high in my opinion.

But with all that SEC talent on your roster I can see how people think they are a top 20 team. To bad rival stars didn't translate into points.

Best of luck to you all moving forward. One question, Heard the RB has already put some feelers out next year possibly transferring to Grimsley, any insight?

Reactions: UNC91 and thekidd12
😅😅 thanks for the tips kidd! If you can read, you would see I Didn't say Green and Gold wasn't very good. I said they were ranked to high in my opinion.

But with all that SEC talent on your roster I can see how people think they are a top 20 team. To bad rival stars didn't translate into points.

Best of luck to you all moving forward. One question, Heard the RB has already put some feelers out next year possibly transferring to Grimsley, any insight?
Haven’t heard anything on RB...
Never know nowadays...
Oh and I can read fairly well...

Reactions: UNC91
two western teams is it that you’ve never heard of Wiz. Just because you’ve never heard of em don’t mean they don’t belong. Polls are polls Wiz. Don’t worry about it. If your boys take care of their business, things will work out for you. We have five teams in the top fifteen and two possibly three won’t even make the playoffs.
I think it’s very obvious ; usually ranked teams particularly top 5 ranked teams have a history. I’ve followed high school for 60 years and I’ve never heard of the two schools and there is a distinct western bias in their polling, 3 of 21?

Reactions: daagoob and UNC91
I said it before, its' because most eastern schools aren't that good compared to western schools. Clinton might stand out, now that they actually have a 21st century coach/offense.
Yes You’ve said it before and still don’t know know what you’re talking about Chopper, our previous coach hall of fame 6 Stste championships I’d take his style any day but iur new coach 3rd season is doing a excellent job. You have that western bias, always have
😬yes a team dropped out of our conference , Spring Creek , left uneven number games 5 conference voted to creat 2 three team pods , the top two in each pod play a 4 team 2 game tournament fir the 6th and 7th game. Clinton 6-0 will play Wallace Rose Hill 4-2 for the conference championship Friday. Both teams will go to the playoffs but champion gets higher seed

Reactions: daagoob and UNC91
😬yes a team dropped out of our conference , Spring Creek , left uneven number games 5 conference voted to creat 2 three team pods , the top two in each pod play a 4 team 2 game tournament fir the 6th and 7th game. Clinton 6-0 will play Wallace Rose Hill 4-2 for the conference championship Friday. Both teams will go to the playoffs but champion gets higher seed😬

East teams sucks, Shelby has proven that over and over and over in 2A Reidsville is the Easts only hope and they are borderline West. Hell, the last 10 years between Crest, Catholic, Weddington, Northern Guilford (borderline team) West Rowan what has the east done? West is best.
That Shelby team I saw play in Winston Salem against Salisbury would've stood no chance against Northeastern. Both Reidsville and Northeastern would've soundly beat them had they been 2a. I had heard all the hype about them and couldn't wait to see them play. I came away very disappointed, and how the heck did Salisbury get into the Championship game. They were horrific

That Shelby team I saw play in Winston Salem against Salisbury would've stood no chance against Northeastern. Both Reidsville and Northeastern would've soundly beat them had they been 2a. I had heard all the hype about them and couldn't wait to see them play. I came away very disappointed, and how the heck did Salisbury get into the Championship game. They were horrific

Lol goober at it again

Swo beat the hell outta the best team ever at shelby. To these posters swo was a 35 pt underdog and beat the brakes off shelby. They are definitely beatable

• Haha
Reactions: Shelby Lion
Salisbury went into the East bracket and beat ‘em all.... Goob.
Y’all better not let Reidsville do the same thing this year.

Yeah man we weren't good Goob..... Broke the record for least amount of yards giving up at a neutral site title game with -7 yards in 1st half and a game total of 39 yards..Complete domination of the Eastern rep.... If they didnt deserve to be there beating everyone out east, man that must show just how terrible the rest of the teams were in the east....

But man, take off those blinders if you think that Mighty Mite 2nd grade offense Northeastern brought to the title game last year would have fared any different... That was an embarrassment to watch.. All those athletes for Northeastern and it was painfully obvious that staff had ZERO clue how to use them..... NONE.... You know it, I know it , and anyone that watched that debacle of a team play Reidsville knows it :)

UNC91 living all up in the past in 2004..... . He forgets that domination just a few years ago, its ok, selective memory is ok as well....

Last edited:
Salisbury went into the East bracket and beat ‘em all.... Goob.
Y’all better not let Reidsville do the same thing this year.
Salisbury looked horrible, NE would've hung 50 plus on them. Coach Moore and Northeastern aren't worried about Reidsville. We've actually petitioned to match us up with them in the first round. We want to play at Reidsville. We're coming to make a statement

Salisbury looked horrible, NE would've hung 50 plus on them. Coach Moore and Northeastern aren't worried about Reidsville. We've actually petitioned to match us up with them in the first round. We want to play at Reidsville. We're coming to make a statement
That’s good stuff! Ya killing me!😂😂😂

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
The Max Prep poll is SIMPLY ridiculous! So glad to learn the NCHSAA made a correct decision in not using their poll in the playoff seeding process. Talking about a western bias (only 3 eastern teams in the top 21) Thats not even close!. If they can’t get some accuracy in their polls they shouldn’t even post one. Gosh! DarkHorses only lost 2 games in 2 year —4 in 3years) and with Shelby and Burns both losing their 2nd game you’d figure DarkHorses!s move up a spot or two from 6th place. No afterwinning 49-6) of a semi-final game of a conference playoff, MaxPrep drop them a spot to 7thThey moved in two western schools I’ve never heard of before. Max Prep’s credibility is zero with me.

LOL feel free to hate on the Max Prep rankings until your heart’s content, but your notion that it’s somehow biased against Eastern teams couldn’t be more ridiculous.

Their rankings are based on a mathematic formula. Math isn’t subjective, Math isn’t biased.

I think it’s very obvious ; usually ranked teams particularly top 5 ranked teams have a history. I’ve followed high school for 60 years and I’ve never heard of the two schools and there is a distinct western bias in their polling, 3 of 21?

Sorry Wiz I still don’t know what TWO schools you are talking about. And yes USUALLY, top five teams do have a history. Until Monday night when was the last time Baylor won a national championship. You got to start somewhere. I assume OG is one of the schools your upset over but I have no idea who the other is.

Sorry Wiz I still don’t know what TWO schools you are talking about. And yes USUALLY, top five teams do have a history. Until Monday night when was the last time Baylor won a national championship. You got to start somewhere. I assume OG is one of the schools your upset over but I have no idea who the other is.

Is he talking about north Davidson. But I’m sure, he had to have heard of them

It amazes me that people get all bent out of shape over polls. Line em up, play who’s in front of you, win your games and presto you’ve got yourself a state championship. Hibriten High School has played in one of the weakest conferences in he state but they have a state championship. They may be headed toward another this year.

It amazes me that people get all bent out of shape over polls. Line em up, play who’s in front of you, win your games and presto you’ve got yourself a state championship. Hibriten High School has played in one of the weakest conferences in he state but they have a state championship. They may be headed toward another this year.

Ha we’re the Gonzaga of 2A

I remember when we first burst on the scene back in ‘03 getting the #1 seed. No one had a clue who we were and EVERYONE outside of Lenoir was guaranteeing a 2nd round loss.

5 regional final appearances (2A/3A) and a state title later, we no longer have to hear from the “yeah, but who the hell have you actually played” crowd 🙂

I certainly understand the “just line up and play who’s in front of you” mindset, but where you land in a seeded bracket does make a difference. It’s still important to protect the integrity of the bracket.

With the unique seeding process the NCHSAA is doing this year ... just go ahead and prepare yourselves for the joke of a bracket this things about to be. The same seeding process was used for soccer and it was a laughable disaster. There’s no point in even having seed numbers if you’re literally pulling team names at random from a hat. That’s not how it’s supposed to work.

Hickory (very much an established soccer program) was a 1 loss team that ended up finishing second in their conference on a tie-breaker. They got the #16 seed ... and easily ran through the higher seeds all the way to the regional finals.

The #1 seed HAS to mean something. They didn’t deserve to draw Hickory in the opening round — And a Top 5 team should never be in a position to land at the #16 seed.

A legit seeded bracket creates balance. You want your best teams playing in the later rounds. It’s why there’s always been that sense of pride if your teams still one of the few playing ball during Thanksgiving week.

Hibriten/Shelby/SP playoff battles are 3rd/4th round caliber games

**promptly remembers we’re 0-2 vs SP in regional finals as i’m writing this 🙂 **

Swo beat the hell outta the best team ever at shelby. To these posters swo was a 35 pt underdog and beat the brakes off shelby. They are definitely beatable
beatable ? of course, “any given day ...” and all that mess — it should be noted Shelby returned the favor to SWO in 2013

With an 11-4 record in 15 state championship appearances, the Golden Lions are THE class of 2A. They’re going to get the benefit of the doubt heading into these games because...they.have.earned.it!

I would love to see my Maiden boys play Hibriten. The only time I've seen Hibriten was on the field my senior year at Maiden...I believe we beat yall by three scores give or take. That was the first year of the CVAC 2A/3A if I remember correctly. Since then I think we've lead the series like 4-2 or 3-2...I didn't keep track while away in college but my younger brother played.

Anyways...I hope we see you the western Finals!!!

I would love to see my Maiden boys play Hibriten. The only time I've seen Hibriten was on the field my senior year at Maiden...I believe we beat yall by three scores give or take. That was the first year of the CVAC 2A/3A if I remember correctly. Since then I think we've lead the series like 4-2 or 3-2...I didn't keep track while away in college but my younger brother played.

I think Tommy Henry was one 1 of those teams that beat Hibriten pretty bad. Otherwise been some pretty competitive ball games between the 2.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yes, Tommy Henry was a Junior my Senior year. He would have played yall twice (won both times) I believe the year after he graduated was the first year yall beat us, which would have been my brother's Senior year.

LOL feel free to hate on the Max Prep rankings until your heart’s content, but your notion that it’s somehow biased against Eastern teams couldn’t be more ridiculous.

Their rankings are based on a mathematic formula. Math isn’t subjective, Math isn’t biased.
Football is not a mathematical game; you bring your math down East and you’ll get your butt kicked 4 eastern teams out of 25 is riciculous. No math too it, just ignorance

I figured you would say.....we ain’t scared of Bartlem
Bring them on

The only time I’ve seen Hibriten play was in a state championship game against East Duplin. In that game just before the half East Duplin with the lead for some reason at around midfield it’s 4th and 7. ED went for it and didnt come close to converting Hilbriten takes over and completes about 3 passes to score for the lead right as the first half ended. It was a XCORLESS 2nd half. Figure it out for yourself

Last edited:
I think Tommy Henry was one 1 of those teams that beat Hibriten pretty bad. Otherwise been some pretty competitive ball games between the 2.
I’ve never seen Maiden play, I’ve heard of them for a longtime. Several years ago there was a DarkHorse fan who was living and working in Maiden posting on this site.. Haven’t heard of him in a while

Last edited:
Football is not a mathematical game; you bring your math down East and you’ll get your butt kicked 4 eastern teams out of 25 is riciculous. No math too it, just ignorance

I’d explain concepts like the BCS and analytics to you, but somehow I think the entire concept of math might be over your head.

We’re headed down east as soon as Richmond County or Havelock sign the home-and-home contracts. No one else east of Raleigh moves the needle for us, it’d just be a waste of our time.

If you’re really in desperate need to schedule some competition, we can talk about sending our jv team down your way. You’re cool with covering our gas, right ?

“Biggest Little Football Town In The World” — Delano Little (his favorite thing to say every friday night on WBTV)

For whatever reason we decided to go on hiatus during that stretch — finally showed up to take the conf crown in the final year of that league, get some work in before making the move to 3A 🙂

Hibriten and Maiden should have waaaay more history than what we do given our unifour ties. It seems to only happen when conf realignment puts us together. I’d prefer some non conf games with Maiden, Bandys, and NC every so often. Our administration seems to love just rotating between Ashe County or whichever Burke/Wilkes County school thats not in our conf for that particular realignment period.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
OK Wiz, you told us who you’re not talking about how about you tell us who you are talking about. You may have been following high school football for sixty years but obviously you only follow the schools on your half the state. Other than OG there isn’t a team in the top twenty that you shouldn’t be aware of. Sounds more like sour grapes about the poll than reality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT