ADVERTISEMENT

2022 1A Girls Basketball Thread

Anyone know how many possible 1 seeds there could be from 1a west? I know its different than football bc there is a lot more schools playing ball

Reactions: 97Cougar
On the positive side, Thomasville girls finally hit the twenty point mark in a game ( they lost). Mighty fall from four straight state champs from 2002-2005. Amazing how a culture can change.

I forgot they played y’all wasn’t a knock at you guys at all. But besides your team and Cherokee because I don’t pull all these teams up and look at what they have done I know your team is legit.
Oh no offense at all. They beat Ben L Smith who has a pretty good squad, they lost to Galloway from Atlanta. I believe they just put Charlotte Catholic on the schedule as well. Their conference is not real tough I don’t think but I have to say their non conf has been pretty tough. They definitely haven’t dodged anybody imo

And they probably will beat Catholic don’t be surprised if they do.
Oh not gonna be surprised at all, I’m one of these old school guys who just happens to have a kid playing lol. Don’t agree with the charter school crap but that’s a whole different conversation. I just hadn’t pulled up the teams they’ve been playing. If anyone goes out of the west besides heritage I hope it’s a public school whose coach isn’t running a travel organization. I’m sure I’m opening a can of worms but that’s just my opinion. Our girls at heritage I’ve took since they were 6 and played together no recruiting none of that mess. I’m sure your group of girls are same way. 1a schools for the most part unless charter are not drawing In transfers. I’m done venting.

Oh not gonna be surprised at all, I’m one of these old school guys who just happens to have a kid playing lol. Don’t agree with the charter school crap but that’s a whole different conversation. I just hadn’t pulled up the teams they’ve been playing. If anyone goes out of the west besides heritage I hope it’s a public school whose coach isn’t running a travel organization. I’m sure I’m opening a can of worms but that’s just my opinion. Our girls at heritage I’ve took since they were 6 and played together no recruiting none of that mess. I’m sure your group of girls are same way. 1a schools for the most part unless charter are not drawing In transfers. I’m done venting.
I have been able to watch heritage a couple of times, really good group. And yeah our girls are the same way been together since elementary school. They can’t play “fall ball” out here because they would find a way to give us a violation lol. Another convo for another day. But you know with a bunch of young players they have to go through the process of learning the same as everybody else. Honestly I know the argument about charters but this year I think you will see more of a fight out of the traditional public’s than in normal years. I have watched a lot of basketball and when I say the 1a west is loaded I don’t think I have seen it this deep. Always had really good teams at the top but I don’t think this deep. I think you will see matchups be a key. North Rowan I think could make some noise I really like cherokee and Mtn Heritage. I think it’s going to be a lot of fun

I have been able to watch heritage a couple of times, really good group. And yeah our girls are the same way been together since elementary school. They can’t play “fall ball” out here because they would find a way to give us a violation lol. Another convo for another day. But you know with a bunch of young players they have to go through the process of learning the same as everybody else. Honestly I know the argument about charters but this year I think you will see more of a fight out of the traditional public’s than in normal years. I have watched a lot of basketball and when I say the 1a west is loaded I don’t think I have seen it this deep. Always had really good teams at the top but I don’t think this deep. I think you will see matchups be a key. North Rowan I think could make some noise I really like cherokee and Mtn Heritage. I think it’s going to be a lot of fun
I agree 💯

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Oh no offense at all. They beat Ben L Smith who has a pretty good squad, they lost to Galloway from Atlanta. I believe they just put Charlotte Catholic on the schedule as well. Their conference is not real tough I don’t think but I have to say their non conf has been pretty tough. They definitely haven’t dodged anybody imo
They also handily beat 3A Dudley, which is traditionally good and a decent 3A Oak Grove team. But like you mentioned, their conference is super weak.

They also handily beat 3A Dudley, which is traditionally good and a decent 3A Oak Grove team. But like you mentioned, their conference is super weak.
I can’t say anything about conference on our part. But we did initially have a tough nonconference schedule. We had no idea that Hailey dill and the next player would be out for Enka the first of the watuga games our girls would like to have back the second one we shot terrible and it was a single digit loss, but I was just curious about their schedule is all. I feel like there are five or six teams in 1a w that come out of this division. Long as it is a PUBLIC school!! Lol

Last edited:
I don’t see E Randolph as a top 5 team in the west, but someone may want to keep an eye on them. They’ve won 6 of their last 7 games and could be a surprise come playoff time.
I haven’t seen ER yet this year. But I definitely believe maybe a bit in the first round but in the second round you may see some teams win that may be underdogs

I’m surprised nobody has done projections yet but probably too early as of now. Regarding ER and some of the other teams especially in the 1a west I believe it’s all about how you come in to the playoffs and the matchups you draw.

Bishop play anyone this year besides Cherokee strength of schedule wise? Just curious I’ve not pulled up any of the teams on their schedule.
I know it's hard to go off of RPI alone, but North Surry did just upset East Surry Monday in OT. North is is #8 in the west and East Surry is #2.

Reactions: 97Cougar
I'd have to agree, charters should only play each other, not public schools, the privileged will always get ahead though

Just summer we play in a summer league and team camps. Most are 3 sport athletes. This past summer we played Charlotte Catholic Tw Josey (Ga) Ee smith pinecrest Dobbyns (TN) Ridgeview (SC) some others I can’t remember. But we try to keep them challenged as much as possible.
828-284-6212 shoot me a text maybe we can get together and do a few scrimmages this off season. Iron sharpens iron be good for both our groups.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT