ADVERTISEMENT

February Girls basketball scores

My top 5 would be:
1- Bishop, 2- Cherokee, 3- Mtn Heritage, 4- N Rowan, 5- Albemarle
No disrespect to Cherokee but who have they played that’s been an impressive game or win? Quick discount teams but for example UA only losses are to Porter Ridge who is a very good 4a team and us. North Rowan has played a good schedule bishop as well we have played I think with last night that’s the 6th team that’s been in the top 10 of rankings. Mountain heritage played watauga twice to overtime who is a very good team.

Here is what I will say and I have been saying it for the last 2 years. The 1a west is brutal. You could take the top 5-6 teams and win or be highly competitive in every conference in the state. Loads of talent.

Reactions: KW23
The SMC is down this year but is a traditionally strong conference. Unfortunately, for Cherokee they haven’t played an overly strong schedule.
They did blow out Mt Tabor, which is in 1st in the 4A CPC and their only loss is to a team that is ranked 3rd in the state of Mississippi.
They returned a lot and have added a few additions. The couple games I watched them they looked pretty good.
However, until someone beats Bishop, they’re the favorite but it can be done.

McDowell is having a pretty good season and is a year or 2 away from being a real contender in 4A. Reynolds is really good this year and could be the favorite in 3A west.
I think we could easily see it come down to AC Reynolds and West Rowan in the West. That would be a game l like to see.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
The SMC is down this year but is a traditionally strong conference. Unfortunately, for Cherokee they haven’t played an overly strong schedule.
They did blow out Mt Tabor, which is in 1st in the 4A CPC and their only loss is to a team that is ranked 3rd in the state of Mississippi.
They returned a lot and have added a few additions. The couple games I watched them they looked pretty good.
That mount Tabor win was also without Rogers. was hoping they would've scheduled ac Reynolds or maybe mountain heritage this year and probably didn't think the conference would be this down this year

Didn’t tabor lose to west cabarrus

I think we could easily see it come down to AC Reynolds and West Rowan in the West. That would be a game l like to see.
I don't know anything much about West Rowan but it will take a hell of an effort to beat Reynolds. They don't really have any weaknesses

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I don't know anything much about West Rowan but it will take a hell of an effort to beat Reynolds. They don't really have any weaknesses
I can imagine they are tough. Here are the only losses for West Rowan and AC Reynolds.
Lake Norman which is one of the top teams in 4A with 1 loss.
Lake Norman 77 West Rowan 73
Lake Norman 57 AC Reynolds 48

I honestly see this as a very good contest between the teams

Last edited:
2/9

Grimsley 42 Page 39
N Guilford 73 W Guilford 59
Dudley 55 Rockingham Co 49
Atkins 48 NE Guilford 36
NW Guilford 54 SE Guilford 27
SW Guilford 63 Ragsdale 18
Greensboro Day 61 HP Christian 53
Piedmont Classical 48 Morehead 45
McMichael 59 Reidsville 14
Bishop Mcguiness 58 HP Andrews 40
MT Tabor 71 Reagan 48
RJ Reynolds 41 W Forsyth 32
Glenn 42 E Forsyth 39
Davie 66 Parkland 62

If Max Preps has the score right. Big upset with Cox Mill defeating Hickory Ridge 52-37

2/13

Dudley 43 S Guilford 28
N Guilford 63 Page 37
SW Guilford 56 Grimsley 45
SE Guilford 75 W Guilford 55
Atkins 56 HP Central 12
McMichael 48 N Forsyth 37
Bishop Mcguiness 70 Piedmont Classical 10
W Forsyth 36 E Forsyth 30
MT Tabor 64 Parkland 36
Davie 67 Glenn 24
RJ Reynolds 57 Reagan 44

WS Christian National 59 Bishop 38
Game was back and forth in the first half, with WS Christian up by 3.
Even though Bishop lost by 20 (against probably the 2nd best team in the state) they still looked like the favorite to win 1A.

By losing Bishop made there playoff schedule a lot easier... Now Cherokee will have to play rosman in the 2ND round and north rowan in the 3RD. While bishop will play 2 garbage teams in 2ND and 3RD round. I think north rowan could whip the braves. Albemarle has it easy as well they dont play anyone with a pulse till mtn heritage in the 4TH round. That bishop loss really screwed Cherokee's easy path.

Last edited:
By losing Bishop made there playoff schedule a lot easier... Now Cherokee will have to play rosman in the 2ND round and north rowan in the 3RD. While bishop will play 2 garbage teams in 2ND and 3RD round. I think north rowan could whip the braves. Albemarle has it easy as well they dont play anyone with a pulse till mtn heritage in the 4TH round. That bishop loss really screwed Cherokee's easy path.
Bishop and Cherokee is setting up as the 2-3
right. I haven’t seen any updated projections lately.

“If” there’s no movement in the ratings and the higher seeds win the first round, I have Cherokee playing Rosman, Bishop playing N Stokes and Alb playing Union Academy in 2nd round.

at least if Cherokee survives the 2ND and 3RD they would be home vs bishop in 4TH... Cherokee needs to play somebody with a pulse so could be good for them although I wish it was union academy not north rowan I think north could win it all

at least if Cherokee survives the 2ND and 3RD they would be home vs bishop in 4TH... Cherokee needs to play somebody with a pulse so could be good for them although I wish it was union academy not north rowan I think north could win it all
I haven’t seen a lot of the mountain teams yet but I can tell you this for a fact these teams in no order
1) mountain heritage
2) Albemarle
3) bishop
4) UA
5) North Rowan
6) Cherokee

Are really good teams. You say you would rather cherokee play UA right? Who has UA lost too?

Id rather play Union Academy as a warmup for Bishop.... Than play North Rowan as a warmup for Bishop. North Rowan is better than Union Academy hands down and have the athletes to beat anybody. You have been hyping up Union Academy this season... I guess because that's Albemarle's two good wins for the year. Union Academy has not beat anyone this season that is remotely good... Sure they have lost to some good teams but losing to good teams dont make your team good. Same for Cherokee they haven't played anyone either so I honestly dont know if there crazy press defense will work vs good teams.... We will find out soon enough I guess. Albemarle is battle tested for sure with playing north rowan twice and bishop. I dont think its possible but I hope y'all jump bishop when y'all whip up on Montgomery central Friday. If braves dont win it all I hope y'all do...ive been to a few albemarle games this year and I enjoy the effort your squad plays with...and your coach seems first class.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT