ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Tarboro vs #6 Pender Eastern Finals

Oh lord...
Well at least you won't be talking amongst yourselves for another week...
Congratulations on your high school's win...
Couldn't have happened to a classier bunch of posters...
Well could have but ER lost so it falls to y'all... 😁
I feel safe in saying here is how the state championship thread is going to go tarboro and Mitchell posters will talk about the game, somebody from the West (you know who) is going to come in and say tArBoRo iS A 2a pLaYiNg 1a, and that will lead to a bunch of arguing and then the game will happen and the thread will be over lol

I feel safe in saying here is how the state championship thread is going to go tarboro and Mitchell posters will talk about the game, somebody from the West (you know who) is going to come in and say tArBoRo iS A 2a pLaYiNg 1a, and that will lead to a bunch of arguing and then the game will happen and the thread will be over lol
Close...
After explaining how Mitchell is 2A as well he will say you both should have won because of numbers and overabundance of places to eat near both high schools...
Also should be at least one reference of "Who cares?"
Again congratulations.
Should be an interesting matchup.

Congratulations Tarboro. Looking back my predictions are well not good. But I feel confident in saying the purple team wins next week.

Go Mountaineers
Thanks for your kindness!
Pender was better than expected and they exploited some weaknesses we have on both sides of the balls. As others have said, I’m glad we had this game bc truthfully, we haven’t had many close games the last five years.
Thankful after not having their best night, and even getting punched in the mouths at times, they were able to dig deep and get the win

Close...
After explaining how Mitchell is 2A as well he will say you both should have won because of numbers and overabundance of places to eat near both high schools...
Again congratulations.
Ah yes I forgot those I wasn't too far off 😂.

Reactions: thekidd12
Close...
Again congratulations.
There are a lot more restaurants in Tarboro than there is Bakersville and Spruce Pine combined!!

Congratulations Tarboro just to bad we have to meet in that ugly blue stadium instead of the beautiful Red one lol.
I personally would rather be at Carter Finley because parking is way better and also I've always thought Carter Finley is a good location for a state football championship game. Plus the walking there is not that bad

I personally would rather be at Carter Finley because parking is way better and also I've always thought Carter Finley is a good location for a state football championship game. Plus the walking there is not that bad
I'll just have to wear my NC State shirt under my Mitchell shirt to ward off any blue voodoo 🙃

People can say what they want about this Tarboro team not being battled tested - but the last two weeks they’ve came back from 1st qtr deficits and battled to win despite being outsized both weeks.

Hey...
They let me in that blue institution...
Had lower standards back in 81 I guess...
I had a niece graduated from there I kidded her when she went that every family had a black sheep. My family was always NC State I believe my dad was because of a nephew who went there and became a NASA engineer. My youngest daughter graduated from there associates in agriculture business management from the ag institute and a bachelor's in agriculture extension and a minor in animal science her husband who she meet in high school went there as well nuclear engineering.

One last look at last night before I move on:

I thought the game was played evenly the whole night. Both teams made 1 big mistake that led to scores for the other team.

Tarboros mistake: muffing a punt after forcing a 3 and out and giving them great field position and a touchdown.

Penders mistake: intercepting the ball at the 1 yard line instead of just knocking it down. That led Tarboro to get a safety and a touchdown.

The difference in the game was that Tarboros offense was able to get one more score outside of those mistakes and Tarboros defense was able to get one more stop.

What a great high school football game by two solid teams. Congrats to Coach Craddock on winning his 10th eastern championship as the head coach of Tarboro.

Last edited:
One last look at last night before I move on:

I thought the game was played evenly the whole night. Both teams made 1 big mistake that led to scores for the other team.

Tarboros mistake: muffing a punt after forcing a 3 and out and giving them great field position and a touchdown.

Penders mistake: intercepting the ball at the 1 yard line instead of just knocking it down. That led Tarboro to get a safety and a touchdown.

The difference in the game was that Tarboros offense was able to get one more score outside of those mistakes and Tarboros defense was able to get one more stop.

What a great high school football game by two solid teams. Congrats to Coach Craddock on winning his 10th eastern championship as the head coach of Tarboro.
Great post!
Pender was better than I expected them to be and were a really good test for our young Vikings. Also, shout out to #9, what a tremendous year he has had on the defensive side of the ball

I would not be surprised in the least bit if we see Pender again next year in the playoffs looking at their roster they had a lot of Juniors and sophomores on the team as well.

Y'all get put into one somewhat close game and proclaim it an instant classic lol. But i suppose when the east is weaker than store bought moonshine you'll make a mountain out of a molehill.

He's a great coach. Also there was a lot of sportsmanship shown last night by both teams helping each other up patting each other on the back etc. Far different than Northampton
I really liked their special teams. Pender was always gaining field position in punt situations. They didn’t let their lack of an effective place kicker hamper their kick off unit. They got solid returns. They nearly blocked a couple of punts. Tarboro has struggled a lot with special teams this year and Pender leveraged that to their benefit all night.

Y'all get put into one somewhat close game and proclaim it an instant classic lol. But i suppose when the east is weaker than store bought moonshine you'll make a mountain out of a molehill.
Is that all you people from the West know how to do is complain goodness. Also this argument that the East is weak is so laughable to me because the last two games tarboro didn't have the bigger o line or d line. You could have made this argument in previous years potentially but not this year

Princeton had chances the last four years to play us, never made it to us. In the spring, us, Princeton, and edenton were all undefeated. Edenton got Princeton in the first round, and we had the winner, edenton beat them. Folks forget how good edenton was bc we had really good teams the last four years and beat them easily. They would’ve really challenged us this year. What’s my point of this post, the East is better than you western folks think, we were just that much better the last few years we made it look weaker than it was.

Princeton had chances the last four years to play us, never made it to us. In the spring, us, Princeton, and edenton were all undefeated. Edenton got Princeton in the first round, and we had the winner, edenton beat them. Folks forget how good edenton was bc we had really good teams the last four years and beat them easily. They would’ve really challenged us this year. What’s my point of this post, the East is better than you western folks think, we were just that much better the last few years we made it look weaker than it was.
And we don’t have as many people in the east that post on here to “talk” about how good they are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT