ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Tarboro vs #6 Pender Eastern Finals

We have to make our own conversation since only a few Pender fans are on the board (in any). We used to be able to chat with a couple Edenton fans prior to the regional final but they have mostly moved on to the 2A boards.
All you have to do is make a post mentioning the EC near Tarboro. They’ll come out of the deep woods of Graham county to say Tarboro should be 2A. 😀

Lets Go Patriots!!! Eanes deserves a state championship! What he and that coaching staff have done to turn that program around is just incredible!

Come on man. Even Murphy admits the EC us an advantage.
Facts?
Here's a fact. Early College draws non athletes from your enrollment while not effecting your football team. Any other time a drop in enrollment affects your sports.
Um first off the early college in tarboro is extremely hard to get into. So these non athletes you are referring to it's not many of them unless you wanna count the kids who are straight A students. Take it from somebody who applied to the early college I tried and didn't get in. Only the very smart kids get in the early college. It's easier to get into the prep school than the early college. It amazes me how a high school located an hour from Raleigh gets so much hate for no reason 😂. Blame our education system for being the reason why the prep school and Early college opened up. Anyways good luck to y'all tonight against Mitchell

Northside looked pretty good this year I know we absolutely dominated them in the four times that we played them but they looked pretty solid this year. That being said also Pender gave East duplin all they can handle. Edentons offense concerned me to the last 4 years but unfortunately we're not playing them now.
Northside actually scored & took the lead BUT a flag was thrown for holding

If Robbinsville opened an EC today and lost 70 kids we would go from 370 to 300 without any change in our football teams ability to produce good teams.
You can't honestly say that couldn't be an advantage.
I think a new system needs put in place.
Something other than enrollment only. Why is that so bad? With EC, Charters and overlapping district lines a different system is needed. I think that's why the state went to the RPI this year. Other state have done a better job than NC.

I don't think Tarboro has dropped a class because of this, so all your titles are legit. Some school have won state title by dropping down a class because of an EC.

I think counting those kids to the original school is a more accurate description of the schools athletes and numbers.

Reactions: Mbulld
I'm not hating on Tarboro. I respect them. Even more if they admitted that losing 50 to EC could be very helpful. I don't think it helped Tarboro drop a class but it's for sure helped some.
Tarboro was getting close to dropping to small A before the change this year.

I'm not hating on Tarboro. I respect them. Even more if they admitted that losing 50 to EC could be very helpful. I don't think it helped Tarboro drop a class but it's for sure helped some.
Tarboro was getting close to dropping to small A before the change this year.
Blame the education system in edgecombe county. Our teacher turnover is insane. I went through three math teachers my sophomore year. Also our football numbers dropped significantly due to covid. I respect robbinsville to you guys kicked butt in 1a for years. Losing all those student to the early college and prep school contributed to tarboro dropping to 1a. I feel like if it was just the early college in the area tarboro would be in 2a but the prep school was what really hurt our adms.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Best of luck to both teams tonight. Coach Eanes was a Cardinal for a couple seasons so I'm hoping for the best for them but it's hard to pull against Tarboro. Hope it's a good hard fought injury free game.

Go Big Red
#27Forever

I think we will see a Tarboro/Robbinsville
Match either this year or the next two. If the state doesn't go back to the split.
I personally hope we don't have a split again. I love getting the matchups we have gotten. No more of this ''well if y'all had been in 1aa y'all wouldn't have beat so and so"

I personally hope we don't have a split again. I love getting the matchups we have gotten. No more of this ''well if y'all had been in 1aa y'all wouldn't have beat so and so"

It's been fun with the combine playoffs but teams under 400 don't have much of a chance yes in year out. Robbinsville will be one of the top teams any way but playing 650 vs 350 is a gap no other division has to overcome. I think it should be split 20/30/30/20.

If Robbinsville opened an EC today and lost 70 kids we would go from 370 to 300 without any change in our football teams ability to produce good teams.
You can't honestly say that couldn't be an advantage.
I think a new system needs put in place.
Something other than enrollment only. Why is that so bad? With EC, Charters and overlapping district lines a different system is needed. I think that's why the state went to the RPI this year. Other state have done a better job than NC.

I don't think Tarboro has dropped a class because of this, so all your titles are legit. Some school have won state title by dropping down a class because of an EC.

I think counting those kids to the original school is a more accurate description of the schools athletes and numbers.
Sounds like hate to me

Hoping for safe travels and game and a eastern championship coming back to Burgaw tonight..LETS GO PATRIOTS
If y'all do win tonight stop by cookout and get you some food for the trip home. According to Google maps there isn't a cookout in burgaw keep in mind don't know when the last time that area was updated Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT