ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Tarboro vs #6 Pender Eastern Finals

It's been fun with the combine playoffs but teams under 400 don't have much of a chance yes in year out. Robbinsville will be one of the top teams any way but playing 650 vs 350 is a gap no other division has to overcome. I think it should be split 20/30/30/20.
I will say this some of the 4a schools have that adm gap to. Like I think chambers had a thousand more students than east Forsyth did. That's just what I heard in the Charlotte observer YouTube video a few days back.

Blame the education system in edgecombe county. Our teacher turnover is insane. I went through three math teachers my sophomore year. Also our football numbers dropped significantly due to covid. I respect robbinsville to you guys kicked butt in 1a for years. Losing all those student to the early college and prep school contributed to tarboro dropping to 1a. I feel like if it was just the early college in the area tarboro would be in 2a but the prep school was what really hurt our adms.
Sounds like segregation to me

I eat cookout quite a bit in Wilmington..is there any places to eat before the game?
Tarboro has Bojangles, waffle House, KFC, highway 55, Ribeyes, Mama's pizza, Hardee's, Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King ,Taco Bell, Pizza inn, Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's, Arby's, Subway, and a few Chinese restaurants

Last edited:
Even Chris Hughes commented in 17 he thought we should’ve won that 16 game. Completely went away from what got us the half time lead.
Now in 13, they did whoop us
Looking back at that game against Wallace in 2016 turnovers really killed us that night. Not taking anything away from Wallace because they had a good team that year but at the same time turnovers killed us that night. You are exactly right though 2013 they did whoop us but our backfield was nowhere near as deep as tarboro back fields traditionally are. Now in my honest opinion if we have played Wallace Rose Hill in 2017 and 2018 we'd have won that's just me though.

Last edited:
What an instant classic in tarboro tonight pender congratulations on a good season you guys came in here and played your tails off.

I may be wrong but the east was stronger than what people thought this year. That was a good team we just played.
They were very good and well coached. I thought it may be a offensive shoot out but it was a defensive and field position stuggle. That qb dive was effective behind that monster center and guard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT