ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Tarboro vs #6 Pender Eastern Finals

THSRudeBoyz

Jun 12, 2019
I don’t know much about Pender but I’ve heard nothing but great things about them! I say a close one w/ the Vikes coming out on top. 28-21 Tarboro

I need a couple days to come down from this game haha I’ll check back in a couple of days.

Reactions: dogs79
Gotta play better than they did tonight. With that said, I believe the staff makes some adjustments, we come out hot next Friday night. We win by two scores

I think Tarboro wins but not by much Pender is well coached and will be ready

Not that it matters how I view a team - but I took Northampton for granted going in to last night. Won’t make that mistake again. Gonna be a battle this Friday night. Hopefully we can force a few turnovers in their triple option.

Not that it matters how I view a team - but I took Northampton for granted going in to last night. Won’t make that mistake again. Gonna be a battle this Friday night. Hopefully we can force a few turnovers in their triple option.
Agreed! I don’t think we played as well as we had the previous two rounds, but, they were definitely better than years past

Reactions: TarVikes
I just watched the first half of their game vs. Pender and I noticed they made a lot of pre snap penalities. When they actually got a play off they were getting 5yards per carry. I don’t see them passing much at all next week.

I just watched the first half of their game vs. Pender and I noticed they made a lot of pre snap penalities. When they actually got a play off they were getting 5yards per carry. I don’t see them passing much at all next week.
Their defense did give up a lot of big plays against Northside though. My gut feeling is this could be a shootout. Gotta stop their QB though

here’s another one of their games from earlier this year with a better camera than the NFHS camera. I think Northampton is bigger than them on the line. I think we will be able to put up points. Gonna come down to how well our defense handles the triple-option.

Reactions: Swain97
They played East duplin close and I've also heard they are very physical. I feel like we are in for a battle next week
That game was plan at 12 on the day of the game. East Duplin had 2 different teams that week that got cancelled because of covid. So at 12 this game was scheduled. East Duplin had no time to prepare for the triple option and Pender jumped all over them. It took ED till halftime to adjust and then come back and win. Pender is athletic and has speed but don't see them beating Tarboro. Also a couple of their loses was when some of their keys players were not playing for some reason. Should be a game but think Tarboro wins fairly easily.

When they played North Moore they passed only once the entire game if I recall correctly. They are a run team. Very physical too. Should be a great game.

That game was plan at 12 on the day of the game. East Duplin had 2 different teams that week that got cancelled because of covid. So at 12 this game was scheduled. East Duplin had no time to prepare for the triple option and Pender jumped all over them. It took ED till halftime to adjust and then come back and win. Pender is athletic and has speed but don't see them beating Tarboro. Also a couple of their loses was when some of their keys players were not playing for some reason. Should be a game but think Tarboro wins fairly easily.
I've never heard of a game being scheduled on the day of a game that's a first. I know they have size up front and a QB who is great running the ball.

I’ve watched the game against North Moore & Northside & they had 9 in the box each game!

Yes they have size on both lines. QB and two other backs that are pretty good. Think they have a guy on Dline committed to UNC. As far as the game covid has made for some strange things

Yes they have size on both lines. QB and two other backs that are pretty good. Think they have a guy on Dline committed to UNC. As far as the game covid has made for some strange things
Your right about covid making for strange things. Unfortunately I don't see it ever going away and that's as far as I'm going to go on that subject. They definitely have size idk if they have the size Northampton had

Your right about covid making for strange things. Unfortunately I don't see it ever going away and that's as far as I'm going to go on that subject. They definitely have size idk if they have the size Northampton had
We probably agree on covid and I will leave that alone too. Don't know anything about Northampton. Really don't much about Tarboro this year I'm just going on what I have seen in the past from Tarboro. They sure hurt our feelings a couple of times.🤣

We probably agree on covid and I will leave that alone too. Don't know anything about Northampton. Really don't much about Tarboro this year I'm just going on what I have seen in the past from Tarboro. They sure hurt our feelings a couple of times.🤣
Tarboro has had their heart broken by duplin county schools before to lol. As for tarboro this year we are not as strong as the previous four teams were. I will say this though they have started playing really good aside from last night I think we were still hungover from Thanksgiving lol.

Reactions: oldway55
I don't know if the atmosphere next Friday night will resemble the one that we had with edenton when we played them in the regional final 3 years straight. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it

Reactions: AcesWild2323
Pender only won 10 games (and lost 31) in the previous 4 seasons. Their success this year is quite amazing. Their coaches are doing some right. They have athletes and they have size. They also seem undisciplined from the games I have watched. A lot of procedure penalties and a lot of personal fouls. I think Tarboro will take care of business but I expect a battle early on and then some chippy-ness once the Viking get into rhythm. Here’s hoping reality matches my forecast.

I’d love to have an atmosphere like those games had. Last night had some bright spots. Our fans are just so use to winning, and winning by a lot, our crowd is often not as lively as they should be.

Pender only won 10 games (and lost 31) in the previous 4 seasons. Their success this year is quite amazing. Their coaches are doing some right. They have athletes and they have size. They also seem undisciplined from the games I have watched. A lot of procedure penalties and a lot of personal fouls. I think Tarboro will take care of business but I expect a battle early on and then some chippy-ness once the Viking get into rhythm. Here’s hoping reality matches my forecast.
They definitely are doing something right to have made a turnaround like that. That chippy ness part concerns me though we can't afford to lose somebody. I was holding my breath a lot against Northampton county because there was a lot of trash talking going on. I feel like it'll be a close game early but tarboro speed and physical play will come into play in the second half

This will be this coaching staffs 11th eastern regional championship game - and it’s pretty much the same staff craddock has had since he’s been the coach. Craddock is 9-1 in eastern regional championship games.

This will be this coaching staffs 11th eastern regional championship game - and it’s pretty much the same staff craddock has had since he’s been the coach. Craddock is 9-1 in eastern regional championship games.
Absolutely amazing. How many regionals has tarboro been to as in the tarboro Vikings?

I’m not sure off the top of my head, I’d have to do some research. I know we’ve been to 11 State Championship games.

You used to be able to look that stuff up on CarolinaPreps but a lot of the data they used to have is gone now.

Tarboro Eastern Chanpionship Appearances
3A
1984- Tarboro 14 Oxford Webb 6
1987- Burlington Williams 21 Tarboro 15
1993- West Brunswick 21 Tarboro 13
Record (1-2)
2A
1998- Tarboro 49 Reidsville 18
2008- Tarboro 28 Northside Jacksonville 14
2009- Tarboro 28 East Bladen 22
2010- Tarboro 33 East Bladen 7
2011- Tarboro 13 South Columbus 10
2012- Tarboro 46 South Columbus 0
Record (6-0)

1A
2016- Wallace Rose Hill 35 Tarboro 17
2017- Tarboro 50 Edenton 7
2018- Tarboro 48 Edenton 7
2019- Tarboro 35 Edenton 6
2020- Tarboro 66 Louisburg 13
2021- Tarboro vs. Pender
Record (4-1)

Overall:
14 appearances (not including this year)
Record (11-3)

Tarboro Eastern Chanpionship Appearances
3A
1984- Tarboro 14 Oxford Webb 6
1987- Burlington Williams 21 Tarboro 15
1993- West Brunswick 21 Tarboro 13
Record (1-2)
2A
1998- Tarboro 49 Reidsville 18
2008- Tarboro 28 Northside Jacksonville 14
2009- Tarboro 28 East Bladen 22
2010- Tarboro 33 East Bladen 7
2011- Tarboro 13 South Columbus 10
2012- Tarboro 46 South Columbus 0
Record (6-0)

1A
2016- Wallace Rose Hill 35 Tarboro 17
2017- Tarboro 50 Edenton 7
2018- Tarboro 48 Edenton 7
2019- Tarboro 35 Edenton 6
2020- Tarboro 66 Louisburg 13
2021- Tarboro vs. Pender
Record (4-1)

Overall:
14 appearances (not including this year)
Record (11-3)
1987 is a heavily slept on team. 14 appearances is very impressive though and only three losses

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT