ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Tarboro vs #6 Pender Eastern Finals

Don’t judge the penalties from the north Moore game..the refs were very flag happy on stuff that most refs let go..as far as discipline goes I feel like they are..I don’t know anything on tarboro but if pender plays like I know they can it’s going to be a hell of a game

Reactions: blackbulldog
Don’t judge the penalties from the north Moore game..the refs were very flag happy on stuff that most refs let go..as far as discipline goes I feel like they are..I don’t know anything on tarboro but if pender plays like I know they can it’s going to be a hell of a game
This might be the fastest regional final Friday night since both teams are heavy running teams LOL. As for what to know about tarboro, well let's just say we don't throw it much lol. Although according to MaxPreps we average more passing yards than Pender talk about rare lol. All kidding aside I believe this game could be a barn burner

Last edited:
Reactions: blackbulldog
Pender’s recent success is attributable to their coach. If I am not mistaken, this is Eanes second season. They have some nice players as well but it”s all about coaching in high school.
This is Eanes second stint at Pender. In his his first 7 year stint, he took Pender to the 1AA eastern finals in 2007 and the state championship game in 2010.

Last edited:
Reactions: KW23
Tarboro Eastern Chanpionship Appearances
3A
1984- Tarboro 14 Oxford Webb 6
1987- Burlington Williams 21 Tarboro 15
1993- West Brunswick 21 Tarboro 13
Record (1-2)
2A
1998- Tarboro 49 Reidsville 18
2008- Tarboro 28 Northside Jacksonville 14
2009- Tarboro 28 East Bladen 22
2010- Tarboro 33 East Bladen 7
2011- Tarboro 13 South Columbus 10
2012- Tarboro 46 South Columbus 0
Record (6-0)

1A
2016- Wallace Rose Hill 35 Tarboro 17
2017- Tarboro 50 Edenton 7
2018- Tarboro 48 Edenton 7
2019- Tarboro 35 Edenton 6
2020- Tarboro 66 Louisburg 13
2021- Tarboro vs. Pender
Record (4-1)

Overall:
14 appearances (not including this year)
Record (11-3)
93 was against coach Bret. Most feel the 93 team was definitely the best in 3a that year.

Reactions: TarVikes
This might be the fastest regional final Friday night since both teams are heavy running teams LOL. As for what to know about tarboro, well let's just say we don't throw it much lol. Although according to MaxPreps we average more passing yards than Pender talk about rare lol. All kidding aside I believe this game could be a barn burner
4 teams remaining and all are run heavy, but some buttholes say it’s boring. Looks like boring wins games😀

I personally think it’s harder to sustain success every year in high school when you run a spread/passing offense. You’ve got to have the right athletes every year and it’s hard to do when you can’t recruit.

Teams like Tarboro, Murphy, Robbinsville, and Mitchell have their system in place and they run it almost to perfection. That’s why we’re in the mix every year. It sounds like that’s what the Pender coach is stating to implement down there.

Having just seen highlights of Pender on football Friday their QB runs a lot.
He is the focal point of their option attack. You better play true old school option defense against them. And if you don't attack the ally versus the option they will run you off the field. Coach Price and staff battle with them in conference play in 2009 and 2010. They had to make some serious halftime adjustments to stop their option and rocket sweep. Coach Inge for Pender has masterfully put their athletes in place to really optimize their production.

Reactions: TarVikes
I personally think it’s harder to sustain success every year in high school when you run a spread/passing offense. You’ve got to have the right athletes every year and it’s hard to do when you can’t recruit.

Teams like Tarboro, Murphy, Robbinsville, and Mitchell have their system in place and they run it almost to perfection. That’s why we’re in the mix every year. It sounds like that’s what the Pender coach is stating to implement down there.
Coach craddock said it best I think the older the tarboro T gets the better it gets. Because all these teams spend time preparing for these spread offenses but you have four days to get ready for tarboro. I know people laugh at our offense and call it pop warner stuff and all that but you know what in today's day and age it's getting harder to prepare for an offense like tarboro.

Take this with a grain of salt but MasseyRatings has the predicted score Tarboro 42 Pender 20.

Unfortunately games aren’t won by computer predictions.

I think fans are giving Pender a little more respect bc of the game this past week! That’s good, bc we aren’t going to blow every team out. Some weeks are going to be dog fights. With that said, if we come out and take care of business, I agree with the computer models, I say we are around 3tds better.

I think fans are giving Pender a little more respect bc of the game this past week! That’s good, bc we aren’t going to blow every team out. Some weeks are going to be dog fights. With that said, if we come out and take care of business, I agree with the computer models, I say we are around 3tds better.
I honestly thought tarboro would have blown out Northampton county but boy were we wrong. I will be the first to admit we played extremely conservative for a lot of the night for whatever reason. Definitely think it was a wakeup call for us us all. I do believe tarboro will take care of business but would not be surprised if it's close

I honestly thought tarboro would have blown out Northampton county but boy were we wrong. I will be the first to admit we played extremely conservative for a lot of the night for whatever reason. Definitely think it was a wakeup call for us us all. I do believe tarboro will take care of business but would not be surprised if it's close
You’re not alone, they were definitely better than I expected them to be, but typically their coach does a good job with the talent he has.
I go back to what I said very early on about this team, there’s not a ton of room for error like it has been with the last four teams. In 17 and 18 especially our C games was still better than everyone we played. We don’t have that luxury this year. Can we win it? Absolutely, but we can’t just go out on the field, and expect to steam roll teams just bc we have Tarboro on the front of our jerseys

You’re not alone, they were definitely better than I expected them to be, but typically their coach does a good job with the talent he has.
I go back to what I said very early on about this team, there’s not a ton of room for error like it has been with the last four teams. In 17 and 18 especially our C games was still better than everyone we played. We don’t have that luxury this year. Can we win it? Absolutely, but we can’t just go out on the field, and expect to steam roll teams just bc we have Tarboro on the front of our jerseys
They have a good coach he's definitely doing good with what he has. We definitely have to play our best if we are gonna win this Friday. 17 and 18 were just incredible teams definitely two of the best to come through tarboro imo. But the one thing I like about this team is they do not quit. I still believe we can win the State title

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
I about Froze the other night lol. If they didn't run out of hot chocolate I'll be surprised
I was definitely more cold this past Friday than the Friday before. Looking forward to a beautiful night of football. Hoping we can make it to number five in a row. When coach Craddock guided us to five straight in 08-12, we were only the third team to have gone to five straight. Robinsville had done it many years ago, and independence had done it. That number may have increased since then, but if we are fortunate enough to make it again, I’d love to know if any coach has guided a team to five straight title games on different occasions??

I was definitely more cold this past Friday than the Friday before. Looking forward to a beautiful night of football. Hoping we can make it to number five in a row. When coach Craddock guided us to five straight in 08-12, we were only the third team to have gone to five straight. Robinsville had done it many years ago, and independence had done it. That number may have increased since then, but if we are fortunate enough to make it again, I’d love to know if any coach has guided a team to five straight title games on different occasions??
If a coach has gone to 5 in a row twice it might have happened before the modern era. But to my knowledge I don't believe it has happened. Reidsville went to five straight from 16 to spring 21. I too am also looking forward to this Friday night it's been a good year it felt so wrong last fall not having football in tarboro. It was such a bizarre and sad feeling

I was looking through Carolina Preps this morning and randomly enough the only game they have loaded in from Tarboros 1985 season was against Pender.

October 18, 1985
Tarboro 36 Pender 13

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
I was looking through Carolina Preps this morning and randomly enough the only game they have loaded in from Tarboros 1985 season was against Pender.

October 18, 1985
Tarboro 36 Pender 13
What’s so crazy my dad told me that they played them & he thought that was the only time they played Pender

Last edited:
What’s so crazy my dad told me that they did them & he thought that was the only time they played Pender
Yeah I thought it was kind of random that that was the only game loaded for that year.

Haha, it’s like us same four or five just going back and forth, and then every now and then, poster from west commenting who cares lol
Basically lol. I know North moore has some posters on here but we never got a chance to play them. Maybe with HB 91 going into effect tarboro somehow goes 2a or a 2a team comes to 1a. The latter seems more likely if anything

Reactions: thekidd12
Basically lol. I know North moore has some posters on here but we never got a chance to play them. Maybe with HB 91 going into effect tarboro somehow goes 2a or a 2a team comes to 1a. The latter seems more likely if anything
I’m not worried about our division - I think we’re where we’re supposed to be right now based on school size. I just wish there was other fan bases in 1A east that would get up here

I’m not worried about our division - I think we’re where we’re supposed to be right now based on school size. I just wish there was other fan bases in 1A east that would get up here
I honestly don't see us getting 2a numbers again for awhile TBH. The posters on the 2a east board provide some serious entertainment lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT