ADVERTISEMENT

WRH @ Northern Nash

g-dog08

Feb 24, 2005
I do not know anything about Nash other than the gaudy 12-0 record they have. Looking at there stats it looks like the defense has carried them. Looks like the throw it a little averaging 192 a game and only rush for 139 a game. On paper they are not very intimidating, however the game isnt played on paper and they are 12-0 for a reason. should be another difficult game for the dogs.

They not 12-0 yeah I'm not playing Northern Nash y'all playing Nash Central daylight 8 and 3 or 9 and 3 something like that

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
I do not know anything about Nash other than the gaudy 12-0 record they have. Looking at there stats it looks like the defense has carried them. Looks like the throw it a little averaging 192 a game and only rush for 139 a game. On paper they are not very intimidating, however the game isnt played on paper and they are 12-0 for a reason. should be another difficult game for the dogs.
Wallace should be okay against Nash Central. #25 Corbin had 208 yards 2 tds on them last year. But I am sure they have improved since then. But looking at the roster a lot of those kids returned this season. Not saying that will be the case this year. New team new offense who knows? Regardless WRH should win this game. Wrh wins by 30 points at least.

Last edited:
Nash Central hasn't changed much from last year; tough, gutsy team whose priorities are to run the ball and stop the run...from what I remember they did not miss many tackles or give up many yards after contact....and they're always good for at least one gadget play in a close game, if it's a blowout, I would pick WRH, but if it's a close game it could go either way, especially if they can get a lead, their offense won't be anything like Northeastern's if I've heard right, Nash Central always seems to find a way to pull off those ugly, close, knock down drag out games, ....whether they're the favorite or the underdog

Wallace should be okay against Nash Central. #25 Corbin had 208 yards 2 tds on them last year. But I am sure they have improved since then. But looking at the roster a lot of those kids returned this season. Not saying that will be the case this year. New team new offense who knows? Regardless WRH should win this game. Wrh wins by 30 points at least
Nash Central hasn't changed much from last year; tough, gutsy team whose priorities are to run the ball and stop the run...from what I remember they did not miss many tackles or give up many yards after contact....and they're always good for at least one gadget play in a close game, if it's a blowout, I would pick WRH, but if it's a close game it could go either way, especially if they can get a lead, their offense won't be anything like Northeastern's if I've heard right, Nash Central always seems to find a way to pull off those ugly, close, knock down drag out games, ....whether they're the favorite or the underdog
I agree 100% Southwest onslow beat them the whole game last season. But your right they found a way to win on the end they fake the field goal went for 2 point conversion got it too. I will say this they have a nice Facility. They will not stop WRH ground assault if they run at them.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheelg and dogs79
Northern Nash is 3A
Speaking of Northern Nash though, they are phenomenal...saw their game against Bunn during South Granville's bye week....NN defense is outstanding, they've only given up 104 points all year in their 12 wins, and the offense is even scarier...they have a QB that can sling it all over the place, 2 WRs that go downfield and catch long balls or go underneath or short passes and outrun you after the catch, and a tall TE with great hands who catches everything, and of course if you overcommit to the pass, they can run it, and their lefty backup QB is not bad (presumably the guy who will start next year)...they have Southern Durham in 3rd Rd who is very talented in their own right with two D1 defensive ends who can both stuff the run, rush the passer, and drop into coverage, (and the same two guys are difficult matchups for the opposing defense when they line up at WR or TE) and plenty of other athletes all over the place on both sides of the ball; should be a great game but I would have to pick Northern Nash to come away with the win, in a relatively low scoring game

Northeastern this could have been you, if you would have stopped the onside kicks while you were ahead.
The Northeastern people aren’t happy about those onside kicks and not putting the ball in #3 hands on the final drive. I’m not talking about the ones who post up here either. I didn’t have a problem with the first couple but I wasn’t a fan of the continued use of it.

The Northeastern people aren’t happy about those onside kicks and not putting the ball in #3 hands on the final drive. I’m not talking about the ones who post up here either. I didn’t have a problem with the first couple but I wasn’t a fan of the continued use of it.
Same! I felt that way in the state championship last season. Felt a little bush league. I have only seen that many onside kicks in a game of Madden.

Same! I felt that way in the state championship last season. Felt a little bush league. I have only seen that many onside kicks in a game of Madden.
I believe “DaGoob” is referring to northeastern kicking so many onside kicks during the game. Now concerning last year our kicker couldn’t kick to the spot or end zone so that was the reason for the onsides, plus I’ll also add if it works it makes you look like a genius. The only time I would’ve tried the deep ball was right before half.

Those numbers show balance and the ability to control Tempo. That's makes them tough. Add them playing at home and wow!!! Dogs have to get to work.

I've followed South Granville HS for a long time, and Gates County HS for a long time before that, and at both places, I have seen teams where either the kicker was so bad that the ball never went more than 20 yards anyway, and/or the defense was so bad that you felt like it didn't matter if the other team got it at their own 20 or at the 50, the only hope of them not scoring was if their offense got sloppy with penalties and/or fumbles, and in those situations, why not roll the dice and try to steal a possession? I've been on both sides of it: Oct. 24, 1997: Chocowinity at Gates Co.: (Context: Barons didn't have soccer back then, could be wrong but I don't think we attempted an extra point or FG all season; went for 2 after all TDs...on kickoffs the guy (no longer with us, killed in car accident 22 years ago, was also leading rusher the following year) just squibbed it into the ground, hard enough for it to go 10 yards; sometimes it would bounce for 20-25-30 yards and they'd get a short return and other times it would die in the 10-15 yard range and if the receiving team didn't field it cleanly, our guys recovered at least 5 or 6 that season)....anyway, back to 10-24-97: Gates Co. won the toss and defered; squib kick; kicking team recovers: Baron offense goes down the field and scores TD +2...squib kick...Barons score another TD +2, offense scores another TD (missed 2)....it was 22-0 before Chocownity ever possessed the ball, but after the third one they adjusted and took their best athletes off the 10 yard line and moved them up to around the 35 or 40, and the next squib they returned for a TD to make it 22-6, then on next Gates possession Choco. forced either a punt or turnover, Choco. eventually came back to tie it up 30-30 but Barons won 36-30 on walkoff TD pass: Moral of story: If you don't like the other team pulling shenanigans on the kickoff, the two ways to stop it are 1: Don't let them score and have the opportunity to kick off and 2: Always be prepared for it and recover the kick and get great field position....Fast forward to Oct. 11, 2013: Franklinton at South Granville: SG Vikings start with explosive 3rd quarter to extend lead to 48-21, then Red Rams return kickoff for TD and it's 48-28, then they onside it, recover it, go down the field and score to make it 48-35, onside it again, (with at least 3 guys offside/encroaching and no flag), recover it again, hit a long pass and make it 48-42, those three TDs came in less than 5 minutes of game clock time...SG recovered next kickoff and went down the field to score to swing momentum and went on to win....anyway, again: Moral of the story: To stop getting beat with onside kicks/squib kicks/short kicks; whatever: 1-Don't let them score, 2-Make the adjustment on kickoff return and be smart and execute.....I don't think it's any more bush league to repeatedly do short kick offs than to keep running the same offensive play over and over and over when the other team doesn't adjust to it or simply can't stop it....no different than running a fake punt; both are actually very risky when you think about giving opponent that great starting field position if you try to get tricky on special teams and it doesn't work

I believe “DaGoob” is referring to northeastern kicking so many onside kicks during the game. Now concerning last year our kicker couldn’t kick to the spot or end zone so that was the reason for the onsides, plus I’ll also add if it works it makes you look like a genius. The only time I would’ve tried the deep ball was right before half.
Sometimes you have to take into account the guy that's returning the ball. That number 3 for northeastern was deadly in space. If you kick to one of the other guys, they might pincha it to him. Wallace has a kid or 2 that can take it to the house if you don't cover. Just a tough chess match.

Those numbers show balance and the ability to control Tempo. That's makes them tough. Add them playing at home and wow!!! Dogs have to get to work.
We not playing those guys. Gdog was mistaken. We playing Nash Central. (8-3) Small difference! We gonna need to play well though. Everyone capable at this point

Sometimes you have to take into account the guy that's returning the ball. That number 3 for northeastern was deadly in space. If you kick to one of the other guys, they might pincha it to him. Wallace has a kid or 2 that can take it to the house if you don't cover. Just a tough chess match.
This year’s kicker can put it inside the 5 majority of the time, when northeastern started playing to cover the onsides the deep ball would have been nice. We only did it once and contained #3

I have seen some weird things over the years but nothing weirder than when Motsinger first arrived at New Hanover. We were having trouble in the punt game. Long snaps looked like you could have walked it back faster and punter didnt have time to catch and punt. NHHS was backed up and would have been punting from our endzone when Motsinger sent out the field goal kicker. We tried a 100 yard + field goal. At least we got the kick off and it served as a punt.
I don’t know Coach Moore but I can guarantee you no one wanted to win that game more than he did. He has his reasons and I bet they were thoroughly calculated.

Last edited:
This year’s kicker can put it inside the 5 majority of the time, when northeastern started playing to cover the onsides the deep ball would have been nice. We only did it once and contained #3
That was a perfect kick the dug inside the 5 near left sideline according to radio broadcast. By the time 3 picked it up he was contained. 2 game’s against wrh,Motsinger has had a great game plan to not let him have his way. They ain’t pretty but when you can recover it’s good.

Invalid opinion on the eastern side of state

looking at you from the western side of he state with judgement

13Rl.gif

Yeah both our teams were doing it. I was on the visitor side and I heard the dogs fans complaining about wrh kicking the onsides as well. Motsinger definitely didn’t want to chance kicking to #3 and if one of our other guys caught it we would’ve pitched it to #3. We’ve been doing it all year and #3 returned one to the house on a pitch back the previous Friday

That was a perfect kick the dug inside the 5 near left sideline according to radio broadcast. By the time 3 picked it up he was contained. 2 game’s against wrh,Motsinger has had a great game plan to not let him have his way. They ain’t pretty but when you can recover it’s good.
Yes it was a great kick. The fact that the grass on the side was very thick really helped

Doesn’t look like we going to have Montgomery healthy this year. He could have been our best player, healthy. Kevin and Adam have assembled a close, focused, talented team. But we’ll go as far as Xa and o line takes us.

Doesn’t look like we going to have Montgomery healthy this year. He could have been our best player, healthy. Kevin and Adam have assembled a close, focused, talented team. But we’ll go as far as Xa and o line takes us.
Is he done for the year, or just out Fri, or what?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Nash Central's defense is pretty big and nasty. It's going to be an interesting game. Hopefully our Oline will come to play and the backs do their jobs blocking. This game is going to be a slobber knocker...straight up running attack from both sides. Conditioning and who has hit weight room harder will be the deciding factor in this game.

Nash Central's defense is pretty big and nasty. It's going to be an interesting game. Hopefully our Oline will come to play and the backs do their jobs blocking. This game is going to be a slobber knocker...straight up running attack from both sides. Conditioning and who has hit weight room harder will be the deciding factor in this
Nash Central's defense is pretty big and nasty. It's going to be an interesting game. Hopefully our Oline will come to play and the backs do their jobs blocking. This game is going to be a slobber knocker...straight up running attack from both sides. Conditioning and who has hit weight room harder will be the deciding factor in this game.
I couldn’t agree with you more. I had a long talk with Corbin last night. I told him to make ever carry count.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT