ADVERTISEMENT

Who wins 2A State Championship?

Who wins 2A?

• Northeastern

Votes: 46 38.0%
  • Reidsville

Votes: 75 62.0%

• Total voters
I haven’t posted much at all this year, I’ve just been reading lol but I will say this...last year Northeastern was very close to beating Reidsville and in my opinion they were the better team but it just didn’t work out in their favor. When their QB scored with 4 minutes left in the game NHS was up by 7 but then Reidsville’s coach made some very smart, strategic moves and also some penalties killed the Eagles. That game could’ve gone either way last year. Like someone else said, the first half belonged to nhs but the second half the tide turned and went Reidsville’s way. This year I think coach Moore and the eagles are out for blood and are looking to avenge that loss from last year! Last year NHS had one good qb, but this year they have two! Good luck to both teams but I think (and hope) the eagles will be too much for the rams Saturday.

I haven’t posted much at all this year, I’ve just been reading lol but I will say this...last year Northeastern was very close to beating Reidsville and in my opinion they were the better team but it just didn’t work out in their favor. When their QB scored with 4 minutes left in the game NHS was up by 7 but then Reidsville’s coach made some very smart, strategic moves and also some penalties killed the Eagles. That game could’ve gone either way last year. Like someone else said, the first half belonged to nhs but the second half the tide turned and went Reidsville’s way. This year I think coach Moore and the eagles are out for blood and are looking to avenge that loss from last year! Last year NHS had one good qb, but this year they have two! Good luck to both teams but I think (and hope) the eagles will be too much for the rams Saturday.

Once again for the third straight week the so called experts and computers don't agree. Northeastern is a 14pt underdog and I'm taking on all the action I can get. Northeastern is playing like I have never seen them play,ever. This is the best Northeastern team I have ever seen. Eaglez15, did you see where our rb ran for 330 yards and scored 5 tds Friday night in the 3a Fl State Cship game? He just decommited from Miami and opened his recruitment. Baylor offered him yesterday and WV offered him Saturday. Kid may get that 5th star soon.

Once again for the third straight week the so called experts and computers don't agree. Northeastern is a 14pt underdog and I'm taking on all the action I can get. Northeastern is playing like I have never seen them play,ever. This is the best Northeastern team I have ever seen. Eaglez15, did you see where our rb ran for 330 yards and scored 5 tds Friday night in the 3a Fl State Cship game? He just decommited from Miami and opened his recruitment. Baylor offered him yesterday and WV offered him Saturday. Kid may get that 5th star soon.
Yep I saw that.

If Reidsville does win I don’t think it will be by 14 I think it will go down to the wire just like last year.

Reactions: daagoob

So, goob, have you seen Reidsville play this year?

I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news this may not be Reidsville best team and the bad news they are dang good. Northeastern probably has the athletes to matchup at most positions. Reidsville has a lot of speed at every position and the quarterback is very accurate. Hope to see a good championship game.

I haven't seen Reidsville but I don't need to. They are always very good, even in a down year. I have seen Northeastern, they are fairly good

cutting it close to make it to Durham from W-S in time to see the start.....kudos to you....obviously a real football fan........................

Reactions: Otis4411
Duke is doable. But I have to be in Raleigh for a 7pm game. No way I am making it on time. I really needed the 11 am game.

Duke is doable. But I have to be in Raleigh for a 7pm game. No way I am making it on time. I really needed the 11 am game.

I'm supposed to be in Concord by 5:30. But I'll be late. I could possibly make it by 6 if everything goes good. I know usually Reidsville games last about 2 hours.

I haven't seen Reidsville but I don't need to. They are always very good, even in a down year. I have seen Northeastern, they are fairly good

Well, you are in for a real show watching the Rams offense in action. Of course, you probably will not like what you see.

And this is not a down year for Reidsville.

Well, you are in for a real show watching the Rams offense in action. Of course, you probably will not like what you see.

I'm not sure why that's even being said. This is the 2nd best team, out of the last 4 state championship teams.

I'm not sure why that's even being said. This is the 2nd best team, out of the last 4 state championship teams.
I hope it’s not a shootout like the East Surry game. Y’all better not let them run up and down the field and keep “The Toe” sitting on the sidelines. I’m coming to see the “Rocket Man” launch a punt or two! Gonna be a misunderstanding!....if it don’t Happen! Go on and pass the word! I’m coming!

I hope it’s not a shootout like the East Surry game. Y’all better not let them run up and down the field and keep “The Toe” sitting on the sidelines. I’m coming to see the “Rocket Man” launch a punt or two! Gonna be a misunderstanding!....if it don’t Happen! Go on and pass the word! I’m coming!

Nah, I doubt it will be that. If anything it will be a similar score than last time.

Why wouldn't I like what I see? I also wasn't saying this was a down year for Reidsville either but I can understand how you could interpret it like that. I probably should've worded it different.

You may be in fir a treat to see a very good defensive team in action .
I’m not going to predict a winner but this game will not be a scoring fest. Maintaining possession of the ball playing ball control and no turnovers could loom very large in this game
I might add punting being able to flip the field and place kicking could very well be the difference in potentially a lower scoring game.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't I like what I see? I also wasn't saying this was a down year for Reidsville either but I can understand how you could interpret it like that. I probably should've worded it different.

Well, if you like seeing an opposing offense rack up yards and points, then I guess you will like what you see.

My mistake. I thought you would like to see the Northeastern defense shut the Rams offense down.;);)

I've watched Reidsville twice this year and I still don't know if they have a punter. If you playing the field position game good luck. They score fast and often.

Rain should be over by 3pm for start of Reidsville/NE game....field is turf so it won't be muddy....temp around 50 degrees to start......unless it's really windy....weather shouldn't be much of a factor..................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT