ADVERTISEMENT

Who wins 2A State Championship?

Who wins 2A?

• Northeastern

Votes: 46 38.0%
  • Reidsville

Votes: 75 62.0%

• Total voters
I'll go with Northeastern. I don't think I have ever seen a better high school team than I saw last night. Northeastern has a special team. I realize Reidsville is still Reidsville.

Need to edit title @Deana_King

Thanks Otis, I know I drove you guys crazy each week constantly telling you how good our kids were playing but what was I supposed to say,lol, it was the truth. Im glad you,Bud, John , and everyone from the ECC got witness what we've been seeing over the last month.

Honestly last night showed me Reidsville has nothing to worry about. I don’t think NE has seen an offense like the Rams have. Their qb is legit and so is the WR Breon Pass (UNC recruit). NE offense last night anyway seemed to be not as good as I have seen before. The eagles have a great kicker though. I want the eagles to win but I don’t think it happens this year. Like I posted on another thread Rams by 2 tds at least.

Honestly last night showed me Reidsville has nothing to worry about. I don’t think NE has seen an offense like the Rams have. Their qb is legit and so is the WR Breon Pass (UNC recruit). NE offense last night anyway seemed to be not as good as I have seen before. The eagles have a great kicker though. I want the eagles to win but I don’t think it happens this year. Like I posted on another thread Rams by 2 tds at least.

I give credit to Clinton last night keeping us from putting up so many points. Aside from Edenton, Clinton had the best defense we faced. Edenton always plays us tough and goes all out when they play us. Coach Moore chose to run the past two games and we haven't had to pass. Most of the season we were slinging it all over the field, but the run has been effective these past two games so he's stuck with it. I don't know what to expect Friday but regardless I'm happy with how we finished this season. I know next year were going to be very strong with almost all our players returning and that big time rb out of Florida coming here for his senior yr like Caleb did this year.

I give credit to Clinton last night keeping us from putting up so many points. Aside from Edenton, Clinton had the best defense we faced. Edenton always plays us tough and goes all out when they play us. Coach Moore chose to run the past two games and we haven't had to pass. Most of the season we were slinging it all over the field, but the run has been effective these past two games so he's stuck with it. I don't know what to expect Friday but regardless I'm happy with how we finished this season. I know next year were going to be very strong with almost all our players returning and that big time rb out of Florida coming here for his senior yr like Caleb did this year.
Clinton had the second or third defense we played we played some good defenses this year but take nothing away from Clinton they have a hell of a team over there

It was definately a strategic move. NE started the season in the spread offense when you guys were playing teams that also ran the spread (see Conley, Rose, indian River). I was surprised in the Conley game when I saw NE this season in the spread I always thought of NE as a run heavy team. I don't know exactly when he went back to the wishbone but against teams that run wing-t/wishbone in the playoffs coach Moore has opted to play that offense and beat the teams in the playoffs at their own game. Almost like flexing his muscle as if to say "We can do your strength better than you!" I felt SWE was the strongest most physical team in the bracket and NE matched their physicality then exceeded it from the wishbone. He did use the spread some in the SWE game but in Clinton last night I didnt see a single time where the team was in spread formation. If I had to guess I would say the change in offense came when Biggie Proctor went out at QB. I would have to look at some film but I'm willing to bet during the weak conference play he slowly evolved the offense into what we see now. It's been a truly remarkable job by coach Moore to switch this team from a pass spread team into the smashmouth team that hits the gap and runs LBs over. With them bringing Biggie back into the mix at QB they have the versatility of doing both. NE can try to shoot it out with you on offense or they can beat you down and grind a win out on the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
I voted NE. Would really like for them to win a ring. Gonna be a long haul against Reidsville. I'll watch on the INternet. Pay my money for a one game stand. Lots cheaper than drivin all the way there ..... lol

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
I voted NE. Would really like for them to win a ring. Gonna be a long haul against Reidsville. I'll watch on the INternet. Pay my money for a one game stand. Lots cheaper than drivin all the way there ..... lol
SWO#1, when you come back to Nc next year I'd like to meet you

Ain’t possible! The ole “Bait and and switch”?
Westbound Nor’easter and “The Toe” gonna be a problem!

Quite possibly my favorite poster up here that I don't know. Really appreciate the support up here for our Northeastern Eagles. I'm coming to Wake Saturday. I'd love to meet you if you'd like.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Quite possibly my favorite poster up here that I don't know. Really appreciate the support up here for our Northeastern Eagles. I'm coming to Wake Saturday. I'd love to meet you if you'd like.
I do....but that 3pm start messed me up! Goob! .....Totally understand why they did it! It ain’t looking good unless y’all tailgating early. Keep me posted.

Reactions: daagoob
Sounds like a good matchup. Hopefully NE won't blow it in the second half like they did last year. Easily had the better team last year and dominated the first half 21-7.

Reactions: BigBird12

If you can get the channels WCTI owns, you may be able to watch it over the air.

Sounds like a good matchup. Hopefully NE won't blow it in the second half like they did last year. Easily had the better team last year and dominated the first half 21-7.
gotta give a little credit to coach Teague and his staff for making adjustments....a tale of 2 ball games....1st half won by NE.....2nd half dominated by Reidsville............

Go Northeastern! Was super impressed with their team and friendly fan base last week in Clinton.
I agree, that was very impressive in how they beat a good, very athletic Clinton team. Kind of curious about what happened vs Edenton Holmes, though, but I understand that’s a rivalry. I think Northeastern vs Reidsville will be a good one next weekend.

Reactions: BigBird12
I agree, that was very impressive in how they beat a good, very athletic Clinton team. Kind of curious about what happened vs Edenton Holmes, though, but I understand that’s a rivalry. I think Northeastern vs Reidsville will be a good one next weekend.

I think their QB got hurt during that game, or something.

Edenton Holmes Qb was hurt before the Tarboro game.

As long as you have that NFL kicker, you have got a chance. I f you can stop or slow down the passing game, you got another chance. I will take two chances anytime. Good luck NE Whiteville will be pulling for you.

Heated Rivalry number one but our team was physically banged up and needed a break. We had just played four very tough ooc road games leading up to the Holmes game. I didn't make any excuses after that loss but I will tell you that a healthy and rested NE wouldn't have lost. Then the very next week Havelock came to town. That was our worse game of the year. I have never seen us play so bad. That was supposed to be our bye week but Havelock had an open date and coach asked if they'd come play. The following week we lost our qb in the game against Hertford County. We were leading 14-0 when he had his collarbone broken and it went downhill from there. I've never posted this stuff because I don't like when other posters make excuses when their teams lose

Heated Rivalry number one but our team was physically banged up and needed a break. We had just played four very tough ooc road games leading up to the Holmes game. I didn't make any excuses after that loss but I will tell you that a healthy and rested NE wouldn't have lost. Then the very next week Havelock came to town. That was our worse game of the year. I have never seen us play so bad. That was supposed to be our bye week but Havelock had an open date and coach asked if they'd come play. The following week we lost our qb in the game against Hertford County. We were leading 14-0 when he had his collarbone broken and it went downhill from there. I've never posted this stuff because I don't like when other posters make excuses when their teams lose
They showing the heart of a team. NE got what it takes and I think they going to win their first championship

Reactions: sam and daagoob
They showing the heart of a team. NE got what it takes and I think they going to win their first championship

Thanks, well I'm expecting a shootout!!! I can't wait!!!
Hey John,Coach Moore called me last night and said he's bringing me a NE beenie and hoodie for you. He appreciated the support from all the Bulldog faithful.

Reactions: dogs79
Anyone that wants to go to the NE game and doesn't have a ride I have room for two people and if you live anywhere close to Hwy 64 between Williamston and Raleigh, or I 40 between Raleigh and Winston Salem I will pick you up.

John I can't say it enough, I've never seen a NE team play as well as we have over the last month. It seems we play better and better each week.

As long as you have that NFL kicker, you have got a chance. I f you can stop or slow down the passing game, you got another chance. I will take two chances anytime. Good luck NE Whiteville will be pulling for you.

Thanks Whiteville!!
We were also pulling for you guys against SWE. I wanted a chance to see that qb of yours. I heard he is bad###

Hey Wiz, you got it Buddy!!
I will get with Otis or John and get your address. You got my word, I will have it this week. Hey Wiz, I have someone who'd like to meet you. I will let you know thru Otis or John. You will be excited

Raquel Welch??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT