ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville @ South Columbus

Yep!! It will be a war for sure. Could be a three way tie at the top. If that happens, then next Saturday morning could be very interesting and Maxs-Preps ratings will change. The main question would be who get the conference champion seed. I really see there being more pressure on SC rather than Whiteville.

Here's my prediction...

This thread has over 150 replies by this time next Saturday.
Reminds me of the 2013 game where WHS had to bring in extra bleachers, expecting a sold out crowd. 50/50 winnings will probably be over $1400. The entire county will be closed Friday night.

Whew this is already giving me a hyped up feeling. Going to be an amazing game with an unreplicable crowd experience. Biggest, loudest game any of these young men will see or have seen in their life.

Where exactly are we overrated? Most polls and "power rankings" have us outside of the top 10, behind many teams with 1&2 losses.

He was one of the same ones saying how South got lucky against EB .... I don’t know why he’s butt hurt over SC success but he’ll feel a lot better if he got over it.

Maybe we did get lucky against Clinton. SC cdefinitely got lucky against EB. I know, I was there. I wish you'll don't go west because WRH can knock y'all out in second or third round. They would beat SC bye four touchdown

Maybe we did get lucky against Clinton. SC cdefinitely got lucky against EB. I know, I was there. I wish you'll don't go west because WRH can knock y'all out in second or third round. They would beat SC bye four touchdown
Just like they were going to beat Clinton by 4 TDs right? Man stop being a troll and lets see how this “over rated” SC team plays. I think you’ll be surprised once again.

I said 35-31 dogs in the clinton game. I really hope everyone east does well in the playoffs. We banged up. Got to get healthy or we loose in second or third round.

I saw one poll where SC is in the top ten. I didn't see that against EB. Well disciplined and good team though.

Can I get some of that stuff you are smoking? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though you aren't fooling anyone. I know how the fans from the ECC think. East Bladen beats Clinton, so the fact that we beat East Baden has to be luck. If there was any way for them to discredit EB believe me they would. No way to that with a 19 point win.

Reactions: Core31
Hope SC and EB has improved since I saw them. I know Clinton has. Not sure about my DOGS. I hope it's only injuries. We should be healthy come playoffs.

Oh! And schs96, that smoke back in the day, might be what's wrong with me. I do live a stress free life.

Can I get some of that stuff you are smoking? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though you aren't fooling anyone. I know how the fans from the ECC think. East Bladen beats Clinton, so the fact that we beat East Baden has to be luck. If there was any way for them to discredit EB believe me they would. No way to that with a 19 point win.

Exactly

To all of you SC posters, this coming Friday night,the Stallions will be facing the best team y'all have played since the EB game. Bottom line they will be more pressure on the Stallions than Whiteviille. The Wolfpack should be able to play loose, y'all on the other hand are playing for two things unbeaten season and the conference title. To be honest about it I think the odds are in the Pack's favor. You can believe in your superiority if you want, that won' t win you ballgames. I think it will be a close game but they better not be no mistakes by either team if it gonna be close. My pick is Wolfpack 21 Stallions 14.

Reactions: NCBlueWonderz
To all of you SC posters, this coming Friday night,the Stallions will be facing the best team y'all have played since the EB game. Bottom line they will be more pressure on the Stallions than Whiteviille. The Wolfpack should be able to play loose, y'all on the other hand are playing for two things unbeaten season and the conference title. To be honest about it I think the odds are in the Pack's favor. You can believe in your superiority if you want, that won' t win you ballgames. I think it will be a close game but they better not be no mistakes by either team if it gonna be close. My pick is Wolfpack 21 Stallions 14.
I agree the pressure is on SC and a lot
Is on the line. My thing is I watched EBs defense and I’m telling you they were hands down the best I’ve seen this year along with SC. Big(good lord big) physical and fast. I know people will think the odds are In Whitevilles favor from pressure ect but from what I’ve seen on defense they’re not even close to EB physically. I know they have an explosive offense and very fast but I think the defense makes the difference in this game.

Reactions: Days of Thunder
Phantom Eagle just because I'm on this message board talking crap doesn't mean our players are doing the same. They will certainly not overlook the Pack, they are our arch rival. The Whiteville and Loris game are the two games the kids circle at the beginning of the year and look forward to. i just like reminding all the Pack fans how we've owned them the past 20 years. Believe me our kids know that Whiteville has a very good team our coaches will drill that into their heads all week.

No cut by me in anyway. My point is SC has two immediate goals to focus on Friday night. I know they are aware that the Pack is a good team, but still the pressure will be greater for the Stallions on three fronts. By the the way with me knowing Russell Dove fairly well, he would tell you the same thing and the same applies to him as well. He's a great coach no doubt. Think about it these are young teenagers and pressure to perform flawless will effect them. The more you hype this game equals more pressure. Laugh if you want to, I've been around this game and teenagers a helluva lot longer than most of you posters from over there have.

I've seen all 3 teams play. Whiteville with come out hyped up but SC has 3 backs that will be a load to handle. Spencer will be the key if SC wins. Whiteville has improved,but I like SC 35--28 over. Pack. East Bladen is not as good as their fans think they are. Good but not great. All 3 of these teams can make a run in playoffs. Should be very good game.

South will have more pressure on them than the pack friday night that is a given, because obviously they want an outright conference championship but an undefeated record shouldn't be one of them because records mean jack squat after tomorrow night. My senior year we went 10-0 regular season and lost to a east bladen team in the second round we had already beaten that same year. Bottom line is this, one week at a time. I think coach dove and company has the stallions in playoff form friday night and I think that a stallion defense that has been sub par this year compared to past years will make some big time stops and that our big boys on offense in front of that 3 headed attack we have in the backfield will be too much for the wolfpack at Kill Hill. South Columbus 35 Whiteville 21. No disrespect meant just simply throwing my two cents in, as we all know the games are won on the field not the message boards. Go Stallions!

Oh and dogs I hope and pray by the grace of the good lord above we run into your unstoppable bull dogs in the playoffs this year. I promise it wont be the same outcome as last year in the regular season.

I don't think SC is thinking about pressure at all. Sure big game but aren't they all when its SC vs Pack. Coach Dove is to smart to mention anything about pressure,sure the kids want this game bad for a lot of reasons. Pack also wants it bad and needs it to better seeding ( if Maxpreps) works out. EB needs Pack to win to have a chance for top seed in 2A in Three Rivers. Just another big game that if you lose you still get bigger game next week in playoffs. I think with Maxpreps SC and Whiteville will be on West this year. Whiteville did real well in West vs all those mountain teams some years ago. You just like home field advantage when in West,long way to travel usually .

Oh and dogs I hope and pray by the grace of the good lord above we run into your unstoppable bull dogs in the playoffs this year. I promise it wont be the same outcome as last year in the regular season.
It will be close to last year. You keep forgetting I have seen you'll play this year. Why do you think most polls have y'all ranked outside the top ten with a 10-0 record

I will say this. WRH is not passing the eye test right now.Not sure we should be ranked as high as we are.

It will be close to last year. You keep forgetting I have seen you'll play this year. Why do you think most polls have y'all ranked outside the top ten with a 10-0 record

So most polls has us outside the top 10 as a 10-0 team and we’re still overrated ?

Wow we must really suck.... hope we can stay close this Friday

I was referring to the one poll that has SC ranked ninth I think. I wouldn't be surprised if SC won Friday night. Don't think whiteville all dat either.

I think we’re a top 15 team in 2A .... anywhere from 10th to 15th....

I think any team with a good passing game would eat our lunch ....

But we’re a good football team you have to be with a 10-0 record .... I think the lack of competition in this area really hurts us especially come playoff time .... but anyone can be beat any Friday night

I was referring to the one poll that has SC ranked ninth I think. I wouldn't be surprised if SC won Friday night. Don't think whiteville all dat either.
Like I said, if you are in the East and don't play in the ECC you aren't any good. :rolleyes:
Take a look at our record vs the ECC in the playoffs the last 10 years and you'll change your tune.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT