ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville @ South Columbus

Whiteville was the better team tonight in every phase of the game. They came out firing on all cylinders and didn't look back. South missed a tackle that would have resulted in a Whiteville punt and turned into a touchdown, and later South drops a pass that is a sure touchdown, and the rout was on. Whiteville came out very confident in their passing game and that is huge in this conference, then were able to shut down the Stallion running game. Don't remember seeing Spencer lineup in shotgun much this year though, maybe coaches saw something they thought they could exploit. Last thing, this is a heated rivalry but I was impressed with kids from both teams as they were shaking hands at how many of them actually hugged and took time to speak to each other. Both programs showing a lot of respect for one another.

I agree

Whiteville has to much team speed,period. Fooled me too,I looked for closer game. SC. offense was shut down by a very well coached better defense. SC offense looked as though they were thinking to much,out of synch . Give Pack credit their QB has realy improved in 8 games. People say this is a tough conf. but I beg the differ. Only 3 teams that are programs year in and out. A former Defensive coach said tonight same thing. Dove does good job,hell he won 10 games this year. This might be quickest Whiteville team in a long time. South don't have that speed. It fooled me until tonight. Plus South could not run the ball,sure can't throw it,against better teams. Good luck to all conf. teams going to playoffs.

Well you have a team with no speed and a quarterback who is scared to run and pass with no speed. Whiteville has basketball players who play more than one sport and look at SC when kids only play one sport and suppose to be great athletes ... whiteville is good for having their kids play multiple sports speed kills!!!

Reactions: NCdeerhunter
The pack showed up tonight. I’ve called it all season with our pass defense, it’s our Achilles Heel. The pack was definitely the better team tonight and showed a lot of respect off and on the field. Congrats to Coach Little and the Whiteville squad that’s a well deserved win. On to the playoffs... interesting seeding to come up tomorrow afternoon!
Let us not forget SCHS is still co-conference champs!

Reactions: dirty stallion
Well they had us projected as a 3 seed in the west at 10-0 and whiteville a 8 seed at 9-1 since we are both gonna be 9-1 now it's gonna be interesting to see but I don't think we get more than 1 game at home if we go west now. Not that any of it really matters because unless some major changes happen between now and Friday night south won't be going far.

Well you have a team with no speed and a quarterback who is scared to run and pass with no speed. Whiteville has basketball players who play more than one sport and look at SC when kids only play one sport and suppose to be great athletes ... whiteville is good for having their kids play multiple sports speed kills!!!

You couldn’t be more wrong if you’re talking about Souths QB .... he’s probably the best player on the team and in a lot of games the best player on the field

Reactions: dirty stallion
You couldn’t be more wrong if you’re talking about Souths QB .... he’s probably the best player on the team and in a lot of games the best player on the field

I wouldn’t say he is the best player on the team more like he is one of the best players .....this is not just a QB show .....but yea he will be missed .... all I can say is south has to pulled it together as a team the same 4 to 5 players on both sides of the ball cant do it all ....

I wouldn’t say he is the best player on the team more like he is one of the best players .....this is not just a QB show .....but yea he will be missed .... all I can say is south has to pulled it together as a team the same 4 to 5 players on both sides of the ball cant do it all ....

You said he was slow and couldn’t throw .... that’s more than enough for me not to take anything else you say seriously... have you been watching the last two years ? Or was last night the first game you’ve been too while he’s been playing?

Mule the teams you mentioned are on a different plateau than any other teams in our conference. All three teams are extremely talented. Whether either one could matchup with Reidsville or Mt. Heritige , I don't know but we may find out soon.

Reactions: Core31
Well, the latest (?) brackets are out and looks like S. Columbus could possibly travel to Reidsville but not likely to see Whiteville or E. Bladen unless one of them and Reidsville play for the West 2A title.

SC will probably have 2 games at home if they win Friday. If I'm reading seeds right then Graham at SC most likely am I right.?

If Whiteville keeps playing with momentum they could go deep,maybe Mountain Heritage not seen team speed like Pack has. If pack goes to 2 round I'll be making that long trip. I wish SC the best also. I got to think that big loss will not help them in playoffs. Dove deserves the best from his players.

That loss should wake them up and piss them off! If the Stallions come into Friday night pissed and clicking on all 8, the Warriors will have their hands full.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT