ADVERTISEMENT

WEST MONTGOMERY vs. east montgomery 12-2-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
EM91...you may want to sit back and take notes on this...

Nothing about em's defense says they can stop WM's offense. WM has multiple skill players. The pace will not affect them.

Here's the answer to your "scenario." The defense answers the call to the same three plays that em runs with McKinney. The slowed down pace doesn't produce a TD. Forced to punt...we all know how great the em special teams are...... And, if Watts cant find a middle receiver he continues to get frustrated. West has a pretty decent secondary this year. I'tm sure one of the two will get frustrated when they can't get yardage. Quite possibly helmets being thrown on the sidelines.

You question the offense and you have on several occasions. What is the em defense that gave up 34 points to North Moore going to do to stop West Montgomery's offense?

I'm sure you are going to say that was the third, fourth, fifth string.... bottom line there will be a game played next Friday night.
One of my first post on this thread was EMs defense will have to be much better to even have a chance. That has been my thoughts this entire year. Don't have any idea what the game plan is for the EM offense but if they decide to slow it down and pound it on the ground WM can not stop it. Im not talking about 40 yard runs Im talking 3-5 yards a clip( Old school football). As to answer your question about what EM does with WM offense, I say keep them off the field. But Im not the coach so I don't have a say so with that. I don't think there will be any helmets thrown. Stick to the conversation and keep the low blows out of it. Once again that one comment shows you are incapable of soley talking about the game. You are starting to bore me with the jabs and "Rainman" statistics.

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
Deer God, he's boring you with statistics while you are low blowing everyone. How about this then, it's Game Week, time for the annual chicken plucking, a birth right for the East side in Montgomery County. The War Drums are beating, you will hear them louder and louder as the week goes on over in Star, Biscoe, Candor, Ex-Way, Ether. The reality of 40 years of loses will be move from the back of the mind to the front. Then Eagle fans will get in their conversion vans, 1970s trucks and car, and cross the river, stopping at Better Burger for that special occasion family dinner. Talking all the while of what they can do to win this game. Then as they arrive in Wadeville, and see those lights down in the valley, that sick feeling of another loss will take over. The Black and Red Warriors striking fear once again as memories of ghosts past in Hornes, Leakes, Allsbrooks, Carpenters, Callicutts, and that infamous Swan circles throughout the Eagles crowd. There will be no sign painting in Candor, no parades in Biscoe next Saturday. Just more nightmares of yet another loss to the West side. How's that EM91? More entertaining?

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Lol, I thought that was the one with the peach on it down in Candor.

Last edited:
Others have tried the ground and pound. It has resulted in about 6 net points per game for other teams. But I know East Montgomery is better than those teams. Bend but don't break on the WM defense. If that is the game plan, the question becomes can you hold onto the ball for 12-14 plays in a row for multiple drives to score enough points and also keep the WM offense off the field. Very intriguing scenario. I see it more as a shootout and the last one with the ball wins.

EM91 here's a stat for you... you haven't yet addressed the fact that em is and has been West Montgomery's whipping boy one single time. You were fortunate enough to be on the victorious end in one of the games and you have thumped your little chest several times on that. You are hoping more than anyone on this board that the schools combine so you don't have to deal with the annual butt whipping that you have to endure every season. Why don't you man up and admit that legal eagle???? You and your minions are one of the many reasons that there is so much opposition to combining the two high schools. I addressed the game and there were no low blows given. How your team behaves on the sideline is no secret to anyone who has watched them play and if you don't think that will factor into how the game plays out then you definitely are talking out of your rear end as usual. Get them frustrated on offense and hang a TD or two on them and they will implode. True statement, not a low blow.

Careful, don't bore EM91 with those confounded rainman stats and actual football jargon. Only trash talking is the rules for engagement this week. Why would any of us want to actually talk football and the game between two really good football teams

EM91 here's a stat for you... you haven't yet addressed the fact that em is and has been West Montgomery's whipping boy one single time. You were fortunate enough to be on the victorious end in one of the games and you have thumped your little chest several times on that. You are hoping more than anyone on this board that the schools combine so you don't have to deal with the annual butt whipping that you have to endure every season. Why don't you man up and admit that legal eagle???? You and your minions are one of the many reasons that there is so much opposition to combining the two high schools. I addressed the game and there were no low blows given. How your team behaves on the sideline is no secret to anyone who has watched them play and if you don't think that will factor into how the game plays out then you definitely are talking out of your rear end as usual. Get them frustrated on offense and hang a TD or two on them and they will implode. True statement, not a low blow.
Ill have to disagree with this ,since Hammer has been the head coach, I have not seen the actions you speak of on the EM sidelines. As for the implosion you speak of, they were down 14-0 last week 3 minutes into the game and scored 48 unanswered . I know it was NM, but they are a physical team , with some skill talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
Hammer has done a good job. I really like the McKaskill and Reyes kids. Denton is a good player as well from what I've seen.

Their will be 2 good teams facing each other next Friday, that's the only prediction I will make. Also McKinney is a phenomenal athlete. 2nd to all the people downplaying wm's success by quoting "How Many Championships Do You guys Have" get a life lol................

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Deer God, he's boring you with statistics while you are low blowing everyone. How about this then, it's Game Week, time for the annual chicken plucking, a birth right for the East side in Montgomery County. The War Drums are beating, you will hear them louder and louder as the week goes on over in Star, Biscoe, Candor, Ex-Way, Ether. The reality of 40 years of loses will be move from the back of the mind to the front. Then Eagle fans will get in their conversion vans, 1970s trucks and car, and cross the river, stopping at Better Burger for that special occasion family dinner. Talking all the while of what they can do to win this game. Then as they arrive in Wadeville, and see those lights down in the valley, that sick feeling of another loss will take over. The Black and Red Warriors striking fear once again as memories of ghosts past in Hornes, Leakes, Allsbrooks, Carpenters, Callicutts, and that infamous Swan circles throughout the Eagles crowd. There will be no sign painting in Candor, no parades in Biscoe next Saturday. Just more nightmares of yet another loss to the West side. How's that EM91? More entertaining?
Very entertaining, in fact your starting to blend right in with BD if you know what I mean

Give me the records again rainman I seem to have forgotten them LOL!

Reactions: bareman
Others have tried the ground and pound. It has resulted in about 6 net points per game for other teams. But I know East Montgomery is better than those teams. Bend but don't break on the WM defense. If that is the game plan, the question becomes can you hold onto the ball for 12-14 plays in a row for multiple drives to score enough points and also keep the WM offense off the field. Very intriguing scenario. I see it more as a shootout and the last one with the ball wins.
EM cant get into a shoot out with WM, it doesn't work in there favor to do that. I will say it would be a good game to watch if both offenses where clicking on all cylinders.

EM cant get into a shootout with WM, doesn't work in there favor. I will say it would be interesting to watch if boths O's were clicking on all cylinders.

Their will be 2 good teams facing each other next Friday, that's the only prediction I will make. Also McKinney is a phenomenal athlete. 2nd to all the people downplaying wm's success by quoting "How Many Championships Do You guys Have" get a life lol................
No disrespect to you Pride but you can thank BD for that. Its no holds barred with him and a no championship comment is mild compared to the comments he puts on here.

Reactions: WARRIOR_PRIDE2005
EM cant get into a shootout with WM, doesn't work in there favor. I will say it would be interesting to watch if boths O's were clicking on all cylinders.[/QUOTE
That would please the fans for sure
That would be an entertaining game for the fans for sure.

Last year was a defensive struggle. I could see this one being a wild affair.

Mckinney, Leake ( Horne), and #3Morrison are as good of athletes in this game as you will find in 1-AA football. Both teams are well coached, I look forward to seeing the results.

I went to the B&B Lounge in Troy Saturday and today looking for BDharris but didn't see nothing but the same old crowd that's always there... He must've been busy on here!

EM91...you may want to sit back and take notes on this...

Nothing about em's defense says they can stop WM's offense. WM has multiple skill players. The pace will not affect them.

Here's the answer to your "scenario." The defense answers the call to the same three plays that em runs with McKinney. The slowed down pace doesn't produce a TD. Forced to punt...we all know how great the em special teams are...... And, if Watts cant find a middle receiver he continues to get frustrated. West has a pretty decent secondary this year. I'tm sure one of the two will get frustrated when they can't get yardage. Quite possibly helmets being thrown on the sidelines.

You question the offense and you have on several occasions. What is the em defense that gave up 34 points to North Moore going to do to stop West Montgomery's offense?

I'm sure you are going to say that was the third, fourth, fifth string.... bottom line there will be a game played next Friday night.

In reference to the points NM scored on EM, those points were not against backups. Both teams played starters from start to finish. McKinney scored EM's final TD midway thru 4th qtr. Now before EM fans get fired up, the final score in no way reflected the game. EM dominated and NM continued to play hard till the final whistle which made the final score respectable. Having seen us play both, and only going off those two games, EM is better offensively especially on the Oline and WM is definitely better defensively. So it should be a great game. Best of luck to both teams and all of the YVC in the playoffs.

If the score gets in the 30's, I think it benefits WM. My guess is WM 38-28. And another rematch in Wadeville later in the playoffs.

I have asked this question on several other threads about rivalry games. Are there any historians on here that care to post overall won/ loss record of this game and maybe post it through the decades to see the ups and downs. Not tying to stir pot, just like HS history.

I have asked this question on several other threads about rivalry games. Are there any historians on here that care to post overall won/ loss record of this game and maybe post it through the decades to see the ups and downs. Not tying to stir pot, just like HS history.
lol

Be careful Sportsnut EM91 gets awful testy if you bring up the 15-40 record that his buzzards have against West Montgomery!

No dog here just watching NFL and trolling internet but according to this link

http://www.montgomery.k12.nc.us/Page/7696

West Montgomery is 39-16 against East Montgomery with first game being played in 1961.

Hope this helps Sportsnut17.

OOPS almost forgot til I saw post that was made as I typed. There is a forfeit for West in 2008 that apparently is not brought up by West posters but is by East when discussing record. However the West Montgomery HS link I provided has an asterisk.

Did sportnut really just ask that question? I mean rainman has repeated it at least 10 times on this thread alone. 39-16 is correct. Why isn't it 40 rainman? Why did WM have to forfeit that win?

Did sportnut really just ask that question? I mean rainman has repeated it at least 10 times on this thread alone. 39-16 is correct. Why isn't it 40 rainman? Why did WM have to forfeit that win?
Sorry EM, missed it I guess.

Don't apologize. These guys can go around on that for a few more days. Gives me something to read besides how good Shelby and Reidsville are compared to rest of the world.

Reactions: Warrior'77
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT