ADVERTISEMENT

WEST MONTGOMERY vs. east montgomery 12-2-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha....check out Mr. Comedy... That was a "vegas" joke... Certainly not what I believe will happen. Like I said I will let you know next week. WM was 17-3 over that span.

Ha Ha....check out Mr. Comedy... That was a "vegas" joke... Certainly not what I believe will happen. Like I said I will let you know next week. WM was 17-3 over that span.
Thanks, I knew is was heavily weighted towards WM (17-3), which makes my point about the affect history has on a single game. I played on the '89 and '90 teams ( the latter was at the "drum beating home of the Warriors") and we (EM) EXPECTED to win and did win, we never once thought about the previous history of the schools on the field and Im sure that both teams this year could give a rat's ass about the overall series records or what is has to do with the outcome of the game.

Awwww....thumping your chest glad to know you won at something.. Ahhhhh....those glory days.... Guess that would be one of the highlights of your life! Here's something that you can hold onto. Regardless of what happens in two weeks em will always be WM's whipping boy. 40-15....yes, em had a few runs under Coach D. Hell,Care to share your prognostication?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Let's move into this century and talk about the game coming up next week" coming from the guy who started this thread with the historical run down, lol. I was on those teams and I never knew of one player stoned or drunk before games, I would guess the reason we never won or got to State Championships had a lot to do with 2 future 1st round draft picks ( Carl Pickens and Heath Shuler) we played against .

Just giving a basis for establishing a conversation. Like I said earlier, I hope that 2A powerhouse takes it easy on little on 1A West Montgomery next week. With the size and talent that school possesses it shouldn't be an issue for them to notch their 16th win in 56 years on the field!!!

You just keep teeing it up for me "old friend" , those teams we are talking about ('89 and '90) were OFFICIALLY EM 1-A beating OFFICIALLY WM 2-A. This year both are 1-AA , you use the 2-A tag as a back-up excuse in case they (WM)gets beat, like you did last year vs Walkertown. Funny thing about Walkertown you never mention that they were beaten by a Mitchell team that is likely to be 1-A this year. That would hurt your argument of the big bad 2-A Walkertown beating poor little1-A WM.

Facts are facts jack. Yes... em was 1A and West Montgomery was 2A. em won. Like I have said before, a blind hog will find an acorn every now and then. What are em's ADM numbers this year? Where are they going next year? I'll tell you where they'll be. Back at the bottom where they've established permanent residency for 75% of their existance. No need to justify a 1A team being beaten by a 2A sized school. That's what is supposed to happen. That's why they have ADM classifications instead of geographical classifications. If West Montgomery should happen to be fortunate enough to win then em should be the ones embarrassed. Two D1 prospects on the same team, higher average statewide ranking and returning what, 80% of the starters from last year? Not sure the actual percentage. I do know that West Montgomery lost over 20 seniors, 18 starters and have quite a few freshmen and sophomores starting on the lines. Now, you being such an accomplished athlete why don't you tell me how em can possibly lose to a team that they overmatch by such a wide margin? Who put em out of the playoffs last year? And wasn't last year em's first playoff win in 22 seasons? Just wondering....

You can say what you want to about me, I could care less. But West has long owned East on the gridiron with the exception some of D's years. Outside of that, everyone inside and outside of MOCO expects the Warriors to win year in and year out. I've seen both this year and EM is capable of winning the game. They have a really good football team. Certainly not the best ever by far, but plenty of good enough to win the game. There will always be doubt until East can get a streak going. But that's not happening. Soon you get to join them though and the one week in the fall despair will be over.

Reactions: BDHarris
You can say what you want to about me, I could care less. But West has long owned East on the gridiron with the exception some of D's years. Outside of that, everyone inside and outside of MOCO expects the Warriors to win year in and year out. I've seen both this year and EM is capable of winning the game. They have a really good football team. Certainly not the best ever by far, but plenty of good enough to win the game. There will always be doubt until East can get a streak going. But that's not happening. Soon you get to join them though and the one week in the fall despair will be over.
Now we might be saying 2 different things, you might be right about the majority of Moco citizens thinking WM will win the game, what Im saying is that the series record has nothing to do with players from either team's expectations of winning THIS years game, and since you or I or even the great BD will NOT be making any tackles or scoring any TDs in THIS game, history and our expectations mean nothing.

It always had something to do with it. EM will always have some doubt because they've lost 75% of the time. Even in 89 there was some doubt, until you won. I will give you if anyone could have gotten EM over that hump confidence wise it was D. But, no offense to the EM, there ain't a D on the sidelines. Not even close.

em fans say they will drink to that!

Keep telling yourself that sweater..... any athlete at any level knows what's on the table in big games. Since em hasn't been in many big games in their history the West Montgomery game is usually their Super Bowl. Trust me when I say it's one sided. While West Montgomery is familiar with playing for championships, conference, regional and state three times, em has what 2 or 3 conference titles and only 1 or 2 outright? Yeah, the players aren't concerned that West Montgomery will be standing across the field from them next Friday night........

em fans say they will drink to that!

Keep telling yourself that sweater..... any athlete at any level knows what's on the table in big games. Since em hasn't been in many big games in their history the West Montgomery game is usually their Super Bowl. Trust me when I say it's one sided. While West Montgomery is familiar with playing for championships, conference, regional and state three times, em has what 2 or 3 conference titles and only 1 or 2 outright? Yeah, the players aren't concerned that West Montgomery will be standing across the field from them next Friday night........
I have never once said that I or the EM team does not respect WM or how big the game is, what Im saying is, Tony Brown Jr. is not going to be a half step off because WM won 17 straight games over EM from the 1960's thru the 1980's.

Reactions: coldpuppies
Facts are facts jack. Yes... em was 1A and West Montgomery was 2A. em won. Like I have said before, a blind hog will find an acorn every now and then. What are em's ADM numbers this year? Where are they going next year? I'll tell you where they'll be. Back at the bottom where they've established permanent residency for 75% of their existance. No need to justify a 1A team being beaten by a 2A sized school. That's what is supposed to happen. That's why they have ADM classifications instead of geographical classifications. If West Montgomery should happen to be fortunate enough to win then em should be the ones embarrassed. Two D1 prospects on the same team, higher average statewide ranking and returning what, 80% of the starters from last year? Not sure the actual percentage. I do know that West Montgomery lost over 20 seniors, 18 starters and have quite a few freshmen and sophomores starting on the lines. Now, you being such an accomplished athlete why don't you tell me how em can possibly lose to a team that they overmatch by such a wide margin? Who put em out of the playoffs last year? And wasn't last year em's first playoff win in 22 seasons? Just wondering....
Im sure #3 and #9 from WM are also Division1 prospects and they may have more. 18 starters lost ? No wonder WM was so good last year, they had atleast 1 extra man on the field if they lost 18 starters. Futrell, Allen, Dozier, Leake, Morrison I know all started. Im pretty sure Cash and #25 did as well and a few more if I look at some tape from last year. This year is a match up of 1-AA vs 1-AA. I know WM is very good, I hope EM plays well and has a chance at the end to pull it out.

BD, have these East players ever beaten WM in jv or middle school?
Im almost 100% the current EM jr class beat WM in middle school and possibly so did the current Senior class, I think they beat WM one year when Joe was in a boot , but Im not sure if it was his 7th grade year or his 8th grade year. All middle school references here.

Not in high school. West Middle has lost once in the last 6-7 years to em. And I believe it was when either Joe Leake or Jackson Dozier was injured and couldn't play. And em has 2A numbers. You can call it what you want but numbers don't lie. And here's food for thought. IF em were to win the game next Friday night it will be the biggest win for the school in over 25 years. Hell, I fully expect a parade in Biscoe on Saturday morning. IF West Montgomery wins it will be another step toward the ultimate goal as it is Every. Single. Season. Now call it what you want but there's no denying that. I've said it before, if em wasn't in Montgomery County they'd be CC, SS, NM etc.........with a record of 40-15 on the field that's not a rivalry. That's total domination.

Not in high school. West Middle has lost once in the last 6-7 years to em. And I believe it was when either Joe Leake or Jackson Dozier was injured and couldn't play. And em has 2A numbers. You can call it what you want but numbers don't lie. And here's food for thought. IF em were to win the game next Friday night it will be the biggest win for the school in over 25 years. Hell, I fully expect a parade in Biscoe on Saturday morning. IF West Montgomery wins it will be another step toward the ultimate goal as it is Every. Single. Season. Now call it what you want but there's no denying that. I've said it before, if em wasn't in Montgomery County they'd be CC, SS, NM etc.........with a record of 40-15 on the field that's not a rivalry. That's total domination.
This East game is soooooo unimportant and so much like CC,SS, and NM, YOU BD START a thread about the game 2 weeks before it starts, you sir are a prize and please stop holding out and tell me when Gavin Watts played football for WM.

LOL.... yeah.. I know where to find you if I need a dose of comedy. Yeah...that QB from WM is guiding that em team pretty damn good too isn't he????
Just in case you were hacked again and didnt see it under your name.

Watts wasn't the player that I was thinking about. But, if that's all you got go ahead and run with it. Of course I started the thread. I love cracking on the buzzards as much as anyone. Getting y'all stirred up with the possibility of your once every decade win only to have your hopes deflated as usual is pretty damn entertaining. Entertaining enough for you to spend the better part of your evening debating me while I kill time at my desk at work. Helps time pass by really fast! Kind of like teasing a cat with a feather on the end of a stick......

Lol BD, I have to give EM a little more credit than that. CC has never beaten WM, and if NM has it hasn't been many times. Doubt south Stanly has much either. Not sure those three total close to 10 wins versus WM

Watts will have to hit some passes for EM to win. Not sure that can happen.

Watts wasn't the player that I was thinking about. But, if that's all you got go ahead and run with it. Of course I started the thread. I love cracking on the buzzards as much as anyone. Getting y'all stirred up with the possibility of your once every decade win only to have your hopes deflated as usual is pretty damn entertaining. Entertaining enough for you to spend the better part of your evening debating me while I kill time at my desk at work. Helps time pass by really fast! Kind of like teasing a cat with a feather on the end of a stick......
FINALLY, you admit you were wrong about that and it is very entertaining trying to match wits with one of the best, I have fun as well. A lot of people think you are JW Houston (I get along with him ), but he would never make that mistake about Watts, unless it was intentional :). Regardless , I have a good time with the banter.

Last edited:
Watts will have to hit some passes for EM to win. Not sure that can happen.
For sure it will be tough , Watts has an unbelievable arm as well as touch , but #3 and #9 are unreal as cover corners with exceptional ball skills.

Haven't seen BD miss much at all. JW is the man on the history of West-East football.

Haven't seen BD miss much at all. JW is the man on the history of West-East football.
JW is the man on history of almost everything. BD doesnt miss much , but when he does it is glaring because he is so polished. Ive only seen him wrong on the Watts comment, the # of offers Antonio Williams received and the fact that Walkertown actually won the week after beating WM last year. With all that he writes, 3 things isnt bad. Now his opinions on the other hand.......... LOL

BD just likes to try and push buttons. Whats really going to hurt him is when the county tells him to quit using the wi fi at the library. Sweater there is no thinking about it, you hit the nail on the head. After 2 plus years of going back and forth with him I still cant understand how his mouth hasn't gotten him into more than he can get out of. He would never have one of these conversation with you or me anywhere other than right here on this computer. His accusations of the 89 and 90 teams are so far off its laughable. I guess because he actually worked for the paper then he thinks he had some inside scoop that we miraculously didn't know anything about. He is incapable of just talking about the game. If it doesn't involve slanderous talk about the east side then he cant function. And he can talk all he wants about how great "his" program is but that doesn't win them a state title. And after all BD, isn't that what WM is all about? Winning State Titles? Get over it BD, lets talk about the game, lets talk about matchups, lets talk about anything other than what your mouth that has no hind quarters to back it up talks about.

Don't have a dog in this fight but would love to see the game. Should be a great environment. As far as predictions I have no idea. Both will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Good luck to both teams, hopefully no one gets injured.

LOL...never worked for the paper... and as far as having the conversation with you or any one else face to face been there done that about the booze and other stuff I did. I did miscalculate the year though and I'll admit that. After 61 years of antagonizing buzzard fans they all seem to run together. It was the fall of '91 and it was with the parent of one of players that was caught in the parking lot with alcohol the week the game was played in the fall shortly after it happened at a cookout just down the road from your hallowed institute of learning. Now if you want to keep on to the point that you'll get embarrassed keep on. The Wifi at the library?? Seriously??? Are you that bored with the job that you walk across the street to the library to play on the internet? I'm fairly certain I'm old enough to remember the same thing happening at West Montgomery in the late 60's and early to mid 70's. Damn sure know it happened first hand. But hell, not trying to deny it. My hind quarters can back this one up there legal eagle... 40-15.

EM91 has been a fun buzzard to toy with. He thinks he knows a heck of a lot more than he does. The newspaper thing cracks me up. There's a group of us that get together every Saturday morning for breakfast and discuss politics, football and how to solve the problems of the world at a certain burger establishment. I've asked him to join us several times but yet to see him. Quite a few people in Troy know about West Montgomery football and we do have the historian provide us with any questions we have on the subjects that come up. Anyway, one week until the game.

LOL...never worked for the paper... and as far as having the conversation with you or any one else face to face been there done that about the booze and other stuff I did. I did miscalculate the year though and I'll admit that. After 61 years of antagonizing buzzard fans they all seem to run together. It was the fall of '91 and it was with the parent of one of players that was caught in the parking lot with alcohol the week the game was played in the fall shortly after it happened at a cookout just down the road from your hallowed institute of learning. Now if you want to keep on to the point that you'll get embarrassed keep on. The Wifi at the library?? Seriously??? Are you that bored with the job that you walk across the street to the library to play on the internet? I'm fairly certain I'm old enough to remember the same thing happening at West Montgomery in the late 60's and early to mid 70's. Damn sure know it happened first hand. But hell, not trying to deny it. My hind quarters can back this one up there legal eagle... 40-15.
Im sure you have nothing to embarrass me with. Never remember being invited to your get togethers either, not that I would come to that hole anyway. You just keep winning state titles and we will just keep wishing we could be like you.

If I had taken the beatings your side of the river had through the years I'd just stop yapping so much. Geez.

'No need to worry. Just one or two folks are doing a great job for everyone. :)'

Just wait til game week

Awwww....thumping your chest glad to know you won at something.. Ahhhhh....those glory days.... Guess that would be one of the highlights of your life! Here's something that you can hold onto. Regardless of what happens in two weeks em will always be WM's whipping boy. 40-15....yes, em had a few runs under Coach D. Hell, if those teams wouldn't have been half drunk or stoned before the games were played they probably would have won at least one State Title. But, I'm sure you'll comment on that but tread lightly.... no need to air out old dirty laundry. A certain principal that was there covered a hell of a lot and if you were on that team as you say you were you know damn well I'm right. So, let's move into this century and talk about the game coming up next week. Care to share your prognostication?
Wow! Who is doing the chest thumping? Then the mud slinging...really? Stoned and half drunk? C'mon man!

Just giving a basis for establishing a conversation. I'm sure that you never "heard" of it as many of the coaches and teachers tended to turn a blind eye to what went on there. It's water under the bridge but don't worry my friend. It's not a secret how loose the administration was in those days there. Like I said earlier, I hope that 2A powerhouse takes it easy on little on 1A West Montgomery next week. With the size and talent that school possesses it shouldn't be an issue for them to notch their 16th win in 56 years on the field!!!
Dude, put the bottle down and shut up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT