ADVERTISEMENT

WEST MONTGOMERY vs. east montgomery 12-2-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facts are facts jack. Yes... em was 1A and West Montgomery was 2A. em won. Like I have said before, a blind hog will find an acorn every now and then. What are em's ADM numbers this year? Where are they going next year? I'll tell you where they'll be. Back at the bottom where they've established permanent residency for 75% of their existance. No need to justify a 1A team being beaten by a 2A sized school. That's what is supposed to happen. That's why they have ADM classifications instead of geographical classifications. If West Montgomery should happen to be fortunate enough to win then em should be the ones embarrassed. Two D1 prospects on the same team, higher average statewide ranking and returning what, 80% of the starters from last year? Not sure the actual percentage. I do know that West Montgomery lost over 20 seniors, 18 starters and have quite a few freshmen and sophomores starting on the lines. Now, you being such an accomplished athlete why don't you tell me how em can possibly lose to a team that they overmatch by such a wide margin? Who put em out of the playoffs last year? And wasn't last year em's first playoff win in 22 seasons? Just wondering....
2A by one student. Not exactly busting at the seams at East. Just remember BD, 2nd place is just the first loser. Bring home the trophy and then crow.

Reactions: coldpuppies
Cookout was not at my place and it would have been inappropriate to invite minors to an adult gathering. West is still trying to get their first state title as I have said. They can add to their 17 conference championships though. Funny how West Montgomery has more conference titles than east has wins over West Montgomery!!!

LOL.... Anyone else see the irony in cold puppies post??? And name calling will get you banned. Nobody got personal.. Were any names or players specified??? You however made a personal attack that should warrant a ban.

You sure are getting stirred up not to care brother lmao. Game is a toss up. Tradition and more offensive weapons across the board will be the difference in a WM win imo.

Last edited:
LOL.... Anyone else see the irony in cold puppies post??? And name calling will get you banned. Nobody got personal.. Were any names or players specified??? You however made a personal attack that should warrant a ban.
You should of been kicked off here years ago then. I still see you are not capable of talking about the game. What a joke!

You sure are getting stirred up not to care brother lmao. Game is a toss up. Tradition and EM relying on a QB leader that walked off the field in Wadeville at halftime two years ago leads me to pick WM 41-34
Curious to know if you were at that game? And if so are you trying to take a shot at Gavin Watts personally?

No I'm not taking shots at the kid personally. I have seen him play and yes I was at the game. Just going on what I appeared to see, what EM and WM folks have said. If that wasn't the case then great, he was just a sophomore then and I'm sure has matured, that's only natural, and honestly I will delete that statement because it came across wrong, and really should have no bearing now that I think it was two years ago. The only 'shots' I will take at the kid personally is that he's a good high school QB and has led EM to a perfect 10-0 record. That's a fact, and speaks volumes of him. As far as this game goes, I'm not sold he can make the plays through the air a week from Friday if WM gangs up and tries to take McKinney out. But that's the great thing about high school football, he and all these kids will get to do so in front of, a historic crowd that will approach 10,000 imo. It will be a game that they will never forget. Just like a year ago.

No I'm not taking shots at the kid personally. I have seen him play and yes I was at the game. Just going on what I appeared to see, what EM and WM folks have said. If that wasn't the case then great, he was just a sophomore then and I'm sure has matured, that's only natural, and honestly I will delete that statement because it came across wrong, and really should have no bearing now that I think it was two years ago. The only 'shots' I will take at the kid personally is that he's a good high school QB and has led EM to a perfect 10-0 record. That's a fact and speaks volumes of him. As far as the game goes, I'm not sold he can make the plays through the air a week from Friday if WM gangs up and tries to take McKinney out. But that's the great thing about high school football, he will get to do so in probably a historic crowd that will approach 10,000 imo.
10,000 ? What is capacity at WM ?

You sure are getting stirred up not to care brother lmao. Game is a toss up. Tradition and more offensive weapons across the board will be the difference in a WM win imo.
Watts has grown up a lot since that game. IMO he is a much more complete player than he was two years ago.

No I'm not taking shots at the kid personally. I have seen him play and yes I was at the game. Just going on what I appeared to see, what EM and WM folks have said. If that wasn't the case then great, he was just a sophomore then and I'm sure has matured, that's only natural, and honestly I will delete that statement because it came across wrong, and really should have no bearing now that I think it was two years ago. The only 'shots' I will take at the kid personally is that he's a good high school QB and has led EM to a perfect 10-0 record. That's a fact, and speaks volumes of him. As far as this game goes, I'm not sold he can make the plays through the air a week from Friday if WM gangs up and tries to take McKinney out. But that's the great thing about high school football, he and all these kids will get to do so in front of, a historic crowd that will approach 10,000 imo. It will be a game that they will never forget. Just like a year ago.
I am sure the crowd will be large Griddie but I think 10K is a reach.

What's the capacity at East? There were people everywhere last year. I got there at 4:30 and people were already there. I suspect even moreso this year. There may not be 10,000 there but it will be closer than 1,000 lol. I think you are underestimating the draw of this game even outside of Montgomery County. This is one of the greatest rivalries in the state. And for both to be undefeated at 10-0 and ranked in the top 10 (top 5 in AP I think) is very appealing. This is small town communities, Friday night football at its best like Wallace and Kenan, Swain and Murphy, Starmount and Elkin. Just what it's all about.

Class 1-A Associated Press Poll

1. Wallace-Rose Hill (13) 8-0)• 144 1

2. Mt. Airy (1) (9-0) 132 2

3. West Montgomery (9-0) 115 4

4. East Montgomery (10-0) 103 5

5. North Edgecombe (1) (7-0) 78 7

6. Tarboro (6-2) 67 6

7. East Carteret (8-1) 51 8

8. Mitchell County (8-1) 48 3

9. Murphy (8-1) 46 9

10. East Wilkes (8-1) 16 NR

The numbers I heard was 4,000 last year. The capacity of both stadiums is 2,000. I know there were extra bleachers brought in all over the place last year and it still would not hold the crowd. 5,000+ might be realistic.

The numbers I heard was 4,000 last year. The capacity of both stadiums is 2,000. I know there were extra bleachers brought in all over the place last year and it still would not hold the crowd. 5,000+ might be realistic.
I didnt know if there was an actual "legal" capacity, you hear all kind of things , like limited ticket sales and what not, just wondered if there was an actual MAX # of people they will let in the gate.

This reminds me of an Albemarle/Thomasville game in either 2002 or 2003 at Albemarle. The stadium was packed and also both endzones. Don't remember the actual count of people but the Booster's Club took in over $8,000.00 in the concession stand. I know because I was treasurer at the time...Looking forward to a great game, Foot.......

EM91 what part of the game do you wish to discuss???? Please, enlighten me. My take:

West Montgomery is young on the line. West Montgomery has 5-6 legit threats to score the football on offense. West Montgomery is a hell of a lot better balanced and more capable to beat you in different ways. West Montgomery also has a hell of a lot that no one has seen in the games played to date. West Montgomery could end up having one of their top 5 defensive teams of all time this season. West Montgomery is two deep at skill positions on offense and defense. Your turn there legal eagle.

Since it is outdoors, I think they will keep filling in as long as people come in. I know tickets are already on sale. Griddie I thought so to on the more than 5,000 last year. I think you will definitely see more this year, with both facing off at 10-0.

Thanks Buddy! Everyone is really excited. I hope the game can live up to the hype!

Since it is outdoors, I think they will keep filling in as long as people come in. I know tickets are already on sale. Griddie I thought so to on the more than 5,000 last year. I think you will definitely see more this year, with both facing off at 10-0.

Thanks Buddy! Everyone is really excited. I hope the game can live up to the hype!
Agreed

Bulldog follower is that the year TVille won in Albemarle to close the season?

Glad you clarified that statement because it certainly sounded like a low blow. Thanks.

EM91 what part of the game do you wish to discuss???? Please, enlighten me. My take:

West Montgomery is young on the line. West Montgomery has 5-6 legit threats to score the football on offense. West Montgomery is a hell of a lot better balanced and more capable to beat you in different ways. West Montgomery also has a hell of a lot that no one has seen in the games played to date. West Montgomery could end up having one of their top 5 defensive teams of all time this season. West Montgomery is two deep at skill positions on offense and defense. Your turn there legal eagle.
Not interested in what WM has "got." Here is a scenario for you so maybe you can start to learn how to talk about the game. Obviously EM has a strength at the offensive line. So what if EM comes out and pounds the ball 3-5 yards a clip and has time consuming drives. How does WMs team which is obviously explosive react to a slowed down pace? Also, does WM have multiple skill players going both ways and if so how does this pace affect them on offense if they spend more time than usual on defense.

Like most games between evenly matched teams, it comes down to special teams, penalties , and turnovers. Assuming these things break even ( and that is a big if) , the game IMO comes down to the EM O line vs the WM front 7. EMs line has been awesome this year , but WM will be their toughest test by far, looking forward to the match up.

Not interested in what WM has "got." Here is a scenario for you so maybe you can start to learn how to talk about the game. Obviously EM has a strength at the offensive line. So what if EM comes out and pounds the ball 3-5 yards a clip and has time consuming drives. How does WMs team which is obviously explosive react to a slowed down pace? Also, does WM have multiple skill players going both ways and if so how does this pace affect them on offense if they spend more time than usual on defense.

EM91...you may want to sit back and take notes on this...

Nothing about em's defense says they can stop WM's offense. WM has multiple skill players. The pace will not affect them.

Here's the answer to your "scenario." The defense answers the call to the same three plays that em runs with McKinney. The slowed down pace doesn't produce a TD. Forced to punt...we all know how great the em special teams are...... And, if Watts cant find a middle receiver he continues to get frustrated. West has a pretty decent secondary this year. I'tm sure one of the two will get frustrated when they can't get yardage. Quite possibly helmets being thrown on the sidelines.

You question the offense and you have on several occasions. What is the em defense that gave up 34 points to North Moore going to do to stop West Montgomery's offense?

I'm sure you are going to say that was the third, fourth, fifth string.... bottom line there will be a game played next Friday night.

Last edited:
There is a lot at stake next Friday. The winner of this Game may get to host the same Team during the Playoffs. West has had more experience going to the Championship and has played more Games during the last few years. East brings a good Team. Wait until the Fans start going into the Stadium Friday. That Energy will be thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT