ADVERTISEMENT

WEST MONTGOMERY 2015...................

BDHarris

Nov 24, 2008
tick tock.....tick tock...... tick tock........... Figured it's close enough to the season starting to get things going. Please update any information, good or bad here and keep the Warrior community informed.

Jamboree on the 11th @ EM then a jamboree @ WM on the 14th facing Asheboro, Union Pines. Not sure who the other team will be. If I heard correctly the start time will be 6:00 but I will try to find out more........

I believe his name is Jamontezz little. I may have spelled his name wrong. This is his senior year. And yes he was fired up against North last year lol.....

I'm hoping that Albemarle pulls it together. You guys deserve a lot better than the cards that have been dealt. Go out with a good season. Aside from the WM game... show them how you play. Probably the last season for AHS. Make it a good one.

Im going to be honest, after watching WM QB at the first few 7on7's I was not impressed and actually worried. But at Midnight Madness practice he was on point! All doubt was removed from my mind! This kid has got a rocket arm! Sometimes his passes are too much for our recievers to handle. He through a few deep balls that were perfect! I was very proud of him last year to step up as a Sophmore and face down all the competition fearlessly! Now, he has worked in the offseason on his own, has more confidence and is stronger! WM Linemen have put on some muscle and so has every other position! We have a couple really physical WR's that are not scared to scrap! Our Defense will be impressive, I promise! Cant wait to get it started just to see how it ends! Hopefully with a State 1AA Championship ring!

Reactions: WARRIOR_PRIDE2005
Im going to be honest, after watching WM QB at the first few 7on7's I was not impressed and actually worried. But at Midnight Madness practice he was on point! All doubt was removed from my mind! This kid has got a rocket arm! Sometimes his passes are too much for our recievers to handle. He through a few deep balls that were perfect! I was very proud of him last year to step up as a Sophmore and face down all the competition fearlessly! Now, he has worked in the offseason on his own, has more confidence and is stronger! WM Linemen have put on some muscle and so has every other position! We have a couple really physical WR's that are not scared to scrap! Our Defense will be impressive, I promise! Cant wait to get it started just to see how it ends! Hopefully with a State 1AA Championship ring!

No issues with the QB. That kid is a 100% solid player, person and he's had to battle all of the issues of politics. Not one person can take anything away from him. He's got great character. And that's what makes a team. The guys have hit the weight room this summer and the dynamic in the locker room is awesome. The chemistry with this team is amazing. May not win State but I can promise everyone this......it's gonna be one hell of a season. Win or lose, these guys are gonna have fun.

Yep I know I'm excited! Win or Lose these WM Warriors are all in! This is the first group to start the weight lifting conditioning in the 8th grade. They have worked hard and practiced hard and it will pay off! No doubt in my mind!

Is our so called "community paper" going to offer any coverage of West Montgomery athletics or has it completely become the East Montgomery ******? I won't mention the name of the paper or sports writer. But jeez...... that paper is more biased than MSNBC!! It's a shame what it's become. I guess NC Preps and whatever opponent WM plays their paper will have to suffice for information. Guess we can use this thread to keep everyone informed on stats.

Amazing what has happened to the sports section in tht paper since JW Houston left. Whoever let that happen is just a damn fool.and thats going easy on them.

It is Griddie and it shows..... that paper used to be a very informative publication.... it's nothing but a social/political gossip rag for the people who run it. The quote, "don't make enemies with people who buy ink by the barrel...." rings true here. It's a shame because many people like to read about the games, see the stats etc....... West Montgomery gets better coverage here on the message boards than they do in the local paper. I wonder how many sponsors and ads could be pulled from the West side of the county if enough people started raising a little ruckus? Might be something to try. It is strictly an East Montgomery love fest and not just with sports.... every story has a lean to it and only ONE side of a story is ever reported. Journalism does not exist there. It's a community gossip forum and only when something negative happens at any west side school is it covered. EMHS had SEVERAL issues the last two years that NEVER made the paper. I guess being the editor has its perks!!

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Is our so called "community paper" going to offer any coverage of West Montgomery athletics or has it completely become the East Montgomery ******? I won't mention the name of the paper or sports writer. But jeez...... that paper is more biased than MSNBC!! It's a shame what it's become. I guess NC Preps and whatever opponent WM plays their paper will have to suffice for information. Guess we can use this thread to keep everyone informed on stats.
I think Jon Galloway does a great job! It's not his fault. The editor is the one that doesn't care for sports PERIOD! She says that's not why people buy the paper but she is totally wrong! Not saying the Editor is a bad person but sports just isn't her thing and she would use the sports page to show more family reunions or the Capels making sausage. And if your kids plays JV? You can forget any coverage!

Reactions: justanotherfan46
Buzzard you cant seriously believe what ou you just said about doing a good job. Go back 5 or more years ago and compare the sports to now. Not even close.

Buzzard you cant seriously believe what ou you just said about doing a good job. Go back 5 or more years ago and compare the sports to now. Not even close.
I honestly believe his hands are tied. I don't think he covers one side of the county more than the other. I do agree that the newspaper as a whole has gone down hill, not just the sports section. I mean come on, people have been complaining lately that this paper doesn't cover the minority community enough. You really can't make everybody happy I guess

Agree......................... go back and see how far that paper has fallen. Search and see. Not even close. It's all the editors agenda.

The lead story in Sports Wednesday was WM volleyball and their 32-0 conference record over the last 3 years. Usually there is a football only insert which I assume will be coming out next Wednesday that covers both county teams equally.

Geez some of Houstons football previews were over 30 pages werent they lol. There is nothing wrong with volleyball coverage. But football is the staple of Montgomery County athletics. Always has been. Not sure on which side of river gets more coverage or if there is a bias. I do think the current guy was at a paper in biscoe or somewhere on the sandy side at one time.

There was also a story about all the loss that WM has suffered in the last year. I'm just trying to offer a balanced view of it. If there is no football insert this year, then we'll have something to complain about and complain I will as I will call them and let them know my thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT