ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2: Reidsville @ Page

PagePirates44

Aug 15, 2004
I don't know everything about Page this year, as I've been a lot busier as of late compared to yesteryears when I was going to every 7-on-7, scrimmage and quite a few of the practices. But in my opinion and based on what little I do know, and this is coming from a fan... we have a few things not quite up to my lofty standards.. which is fine because I know its still pretty early in the rebuilding process for Robertson. I remember years back it took Gillespie 4-5 years to really get things going. That being said, losing our offensive coordinator not too long ago has maybe threw in a proverbial wrench into the development of the offense. Also, I think young Sophomore athlete Jerron Blackwell, getting a lot of attention in basketball this summer has moved him to playing more exclusively at safety, meaning not much playing time on offense. It's still early in the season, and Dudley does always have a really stout defense, so it was always going to be tough regardless. But it didn't look all that inspiring on Friday.

So, anyway... tell me something about the Reidsville Rams :)

Last edited:
This should be a good game. Both defenses will be good. This game is about the offense. Last week Reidsville blew WA out of the water. Page scored once on Dudley. I say Reidsville 27 Page 14. Its tied going into halftime and then Reidsville plays stout defense the second half and pulls away.

This should be a good game. Both defenses will be good. This game is about the offense. Last week Reidsville blew WA out of the water. Page scored once on Dudley. I say Reidsville 27 Page 14. Its tied going into halftime and then Reidsville plays stout defense the second half and pulls away.
This is why I said scores never tell the full story above. Page scored within the last few minutes when the subs got put in. You have to actually watch both teams and look at individual match ups on the field. Reidsville will win convincingly though.

Parking lots on visitor and home side off Alma Pinnix Drive.

Coming from 29, take left on Church, take the slight right on to Golden Gate, and then right on Alma Pinnix. First lot on the right is visitor side, next lot is home side.
There are two lots on the away side, Cone lot (the one right behind the away side stands) and Hilltop lot (right across the street), also all of Cone Elementary is open for parking. The "home side lot" you speak of, aka Senior lot, is only open to Booster club members, media, coaches, players, and handicap patrons.

Here is a picture, anywhere highlighted in Yellow is where visitors are encouraged to park.

Be careful on the away side stands, they are straight outta the 1960s and will eat your cell phone or loose change if your pockets aren't secured hahaha

They were always at the top of my list of things that Page needed to upgrade over the years. What's ironic is, everything else was upgraded except for that, the scoreboard, the uprights, the away side bathrooms & concessions, the away side ticket booth and entrance, the track, adding playclocks, etc.

I'm not 100% sure what they are going to do with regards to the athletics fields when they build the new Page High School (from the School Bond), but.. I've heard they are getting rid of Cone Elementary School and will build the new Page where that was and also where the current fields are. I'm assuming where the current school is, they will build all new athletics facilities there.

Last edited:
Be careful on the away side stands, they are straight outta the 1960s and will eat your cell phone or loose change if your packets aren't secured hahaha

They are always on the top of my list of things that Page needed to upgrade over the years. and what's ironic is, everything else was upgraded except for that, the scoreboard, the uprights, the away side bathrooms/concessions, the away side ticket booth and entrance, the track, they added playclocks, etc. I'm not 100% sure what they are going to do with regards to the athletics fields when they build the new Page High School (from the School Bond), but.. I've heard they are getting rid of Cone Elementary School and will build the new Page where that was and also where the current fields are. I'm assuming where the current school is, they will build all new athletics facilities there.
They're building a new Page? When is this supposed to start/be completed?

They're building a new Page? When is this supposed to start/be completed?
I'm not super privy on all the details, but a large portion of the current Page is underground, and has pretty substantial flooding/water issues that have lead to mildew/mold. As well as a host of other things that are well below, what they should be. The thing that I don't understand is much older schools like Grimsley and Dudley were just built better. I'm not sure if it's because Page was built in the late 50s and wasn't a good time to build a school? or if they just didn't hire an adequate designer? You can check out these links about it though! Page's new school was awarded $13.5 million

On a football note, the Rams offensive line is still a work in progress and needs to show major progress Friday night against the Page defense or Reidsville fans could have some heartburn moments.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
On a football note, the Rams offensive line is still a work in progress and needs to show major progress Friday night against the Page defense or Reidsville fans could have some heartburn moments.

It’s better than it was last season just isn’t deep

Page has all 5 starters on the OL from last year. as well as most of the front 7 on defense returned too. Page's defense held Dudley nicely for 3 quarters even with Dudley starting drives at midfield for most of the game. Page's offense was not able to sustain any drives which gassed out the defense. If Page can get some points on the board or get something going to help out the defense, it could be a close game.

There are two lots on the away side, Cone lot (the one right behind the away side stands) and Hilltop lot (right across the street), also all of Cone Elementary is open for parking. The "home side lot" you speak of, aka Senior lot, is only open to Booster club members, media, coaches, players, and handicap patrons.

Here is a picture, anywhere highlighted in Yellow is where visitors are encouraged to park.

Thanks. Is there a ticket booth on the visitors side?

More talk about parking than the game LOL

Rams will either answer some questions or leave Greensboro with more questions after the game with Page. I personally think this one will be closer than many expect.
Some of us older citizens sometimes have problems going into places we have never been before.

The Rams will have no such problems Friday night.

game is pretty much a toss up.......special teams could come into play...some questions remain about the Rams special teams....I'm sure Page has some that can kick it to Cone Blvd......................

Reactions: Maiden Creek
game is pretty much a toss up.......special teams could come into play...some questions remain about the Rams special teams....I'm sure Page has some that can kick it to Cone Blvd......................
If this is a toss up then things must not be looking good for the Rams this year.

You have to pay online. I think that is all guilford county as well
Probably the result of the crime rate in Guilford county. I guess a football game is no safer than the food court at Four Seasons. No cash to steal. Also easier to keep tabs on the gate.

Probably the result of the crime rate in Guilford county. I guess a football game is no safer than the food court at Four Seasons. No cash to steal. Also easier to keep tabs on the gate.
Nope, a lot of schools started doing this once things opened up after the pandemic and then on top of that things are just evolving.

Reactions: Ramkiller2016
Anyone go to the 2009 2AA State Title game?
Reidsville Rams (16-0) vs. Newton-Conover Red Devils (14-2)

Who on here is the biggest Reidsville diehard? and would be interested in a 2009 NCHSAA Football Championship Magazine and press box game day notes packet. Halftime, 3rd Quarter, Final Quickie Stat Sheets, as well as a packet with Final Scoring Summary, Team Stats, Individual Stats, Drive Chart by teams, Play-by-Play Summary, and Individual Awards Ceremony Winners sheet.

If you want this stuff, let me know, just buy me a Coca-Cola Classic at the concession stand and we can call it even.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT