ADVERTISEMENT

Weddington vs AC Reynolds 4th Rd

Weddington better be figuring out how to stop number 5.

Because on 1st and 10 he’s getting the ball.
On second and 7 he’s getting the ball
On third and 4 he’s getting the ball
And if 4th and 1 comes up, number 6 is getting the ball.

Easier said than done,

I look for another good game. Before playoffs I didn’t think AC Reynolds would make it this far but they prove to be tough opponent for other good teams. Any thoughts.
Two of the best 2022 programs left. AC Reynolds has my vote whether it's raining, sunny, or full moon! They have established themselves. The standards that AC Reynolds have set have gone beyond what many people believed was impossible. They will now face up against yet another formidable opponent who has crushed their 2022 schedule, losing only to Providence Day High School. I would urge the large crowd to go and watch these two excellent teams. You wont regret it...

Weddington better be figuring out how to stop number 5.

Because on 1st and 10 he’s getting the ball.
On second and 7 he’s getting the ball
On third and 4 he’s getting the ball
And if 4th and 1 comes up, number 6 is getting the ball.

Easier said than done,
Sounds like Rico ….

Reactions: Mopar forever
They’ll game plan like they do for everyone else…🤷🏽‍♂️

Reynolds won’t have the hometown refs to help them this time!
Those refs last night weren’t from our area, third round you have officials from different areas. One official told me he lives in Caldwell Co. We have never had any of those officials, come up with a better excuse. Also, don’t act like they didn’t miss any of Butlers mistakes, they held our DL all night!

Those refs last night weren’t from our area, third round you have officials from different areas. One official told me he lives in Caldwell Co. We have never had any of those officials, come up with a better excuse. Also, don’t act like they didn’t miss any of Butlers mistakes, they held our DL all night!
It goes without saying that during the playoffs, referees are dispersed around North Carolina or allocated to various regions of the state.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
ACR played two top programs in a row and won. Weddington has not played those type programs yet but are in the forth round of the playoffs (unless Marvin Ridge is a lot better than we think they are). Weddington has had the weakest draw so far. Weddington can really make a statement they've been badly underrated by winning. I'm kinda rooting for the Warriors to be world beaters but I love both programs. Either will have a tough time with the winner of Hough vs Grimsley.

According to the constant advertising on this site, AC Reynolds' schedule has been the poorest. In my opinion, that is undervalued piece of fake news. Because of who they have defeated thus far in the playoffs, one should not consider the schedule of AC Reynolds to be weak. It is not by chance that they are in this situation.

Reactions: CCougarsfan
According to the constant advertising on this site, AC Reynolds' schedule has been the poorest. In my opinion, that is undervalued piece of fake news. Because of who they have defeated thus far in the playoffs, one should not consider the schedule of AC Reynolds to be weak. It is not by chance that they are in this situation.
The big advantage that AC Reynolds has had is being able to play 3 games at home. They finally get to hit the road, and Weddington will not be a good place for them to play.

Reactions: OllO and cimsies
The big advantage that AC Reynolds has had is being able to play 3 games at home. They finally get to hit the road, and Weddington will not be a good place for them to play.
I don't know of a football coach that gives games away, but this will undoubtedly demonstrate how they can manage adversity. Although I have no idea how well AC Reynolds's supporters travel, I hope they manage to catch it LIVE in some way. I am aware that going LIVE on Facebook is prohibited per NCHSAA rules.

I don't know of a football coach that gives games away, but this will undoubtedly demonstrate how they can manage adversity. Although I have no idea how well AC Reynolds's supporters travel, I hope they manage to catch it LIVE in some way. I am aware that going LIVE on Facebook is prohibited per NCHSAA rules.
NCHSAA needs to loosen up some rules.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE and OllO
One common opponent I see from early season. AC Reynolds won over West Forsyth 37-0 and Weddington defeated West Forsyth 49-32. It’s going to be interesting to see how this game turns out.

Last edited:
Two of the most disciplined, "assignment football" teams in NC going at it. (Probably would throw Charlotte Catholic and South Point in as the other 2 best)

Saw Weddington's JVs earlier in the season and they looked really good. They play methodical football, rarely a mistake or missed assignment.

Saw Reynolds Varsity earlier in the season and they are the whole package. A ball hawking, seasoned defense (having not lost many starters from last season), big offensive line, athletes at the skill positions (including a Sophomore running back that is going to be a nightmare for the next 2 years) , and a coaching staff that knows how to win.

AC Reynolds wins this one because of their stout defense.

Reactions: UNC-Gmail.com
Two of the most disciplined, "assignment football" teams in NC going at it. (Probably would throw Charlotte Catholic and South Point in as the other 2 best)

Saw Weddington's JVs earlier in the season and they looked really good. They play methodical football, rarely a mistake or missed assignment.

Saw Reynolds Varsity earlier in the season and they are the whole package. A ball hawking, seasoned defense (having not lost many starters from last season), big offensive line, athletes at the skill positions (including a Sophomore running back that is going to be a nightmare for the next 2 years) , and a coaching staff that knows how to win.

AC Reynolds wins this one because of their stout defense.
Wonderful information. I have no Ill Will. I wish nothing but a successful road for both. The Weddington program is fantastic. Weddington and AC have both overcome some significant obstacles. I know there are many great games coming, but if possible, you should consider supporting this gate. Personally, I intend to go.

From my experience seeing weddington beat Asheville and Reynolds multiple times, they just seem to be more fundamentally sound than you. They’re not going to miss many tackles, they’re not going to hurt themselves. They aren’t going to turn the ball. But you will. You will miss a tackle, but they rarely do.. You will turn the ball over. They likely won’t.
In 2014, Asheville had a state championship caliber team. In that game we were better than they were in my opinion. For one play our QB went out of the game. The back up fumbled the handoff with the RB and weddington returned it for a td. We lost by 3. That’s the type of stuff I’m talking about. You have a very slim margin of error against weddington.

The following year, AC Reynolds had mr everything Rico dowdle at qb who had just destroyed teams all year. Weddington said “someone else will have to beat us” and focused 100 percent on him. If I’m not mistaken, I think Rico had a decent second half and did nothing in the first half. And ended A.C. Reynolds great season.

I imagine they are game planning right now “max guest isn’t going to come in here and get 36 carries for 200 yards. Somebody else will have to beat us”

Now that I say that, weddington will have 4 turnovers and guest will have 264 yards rushing lol

Reactions: Mavrick69
From my experience seeing weddington beat Asheville and Reynolds multiple times, they just seem to be more fundamentally sound than you. They’re not going to miss many tackles, they’re not going to hurt themselves. They aren’t going to turn the ball. But you will. You will miss a tackle, but they rarely do.. You will turn the ball over. They likely won’t.
In 2014, Asheville had a state championship caliber team. In that game we were better than they were in my opinion. For one play our QB went out of the game. The back up fumbled the handoff with the RB and weddington returned it for a td. We lost by 3. That’s the type of stuff I’m talking about. You have a very slim margin of error against weddington.

The following year, AC Reynolds had mr everything Rico dowdle at qb who had just destroyed teams all year. Weddington said “someone else will have to beat us” and focused 100 percent on him. If I’m not mistaken, I think Rico had a decent second half and did nothing in the first half. And ended A.C. Reynolds great season.

I imagine they are game planning right now “max guest isn’t going to come in here and get 36 carries for 200 yards. Somebody else will have to beat us”

Now that I say that, weddington will have 4 turnovers and guest will have 264 yards rushing lol
If I remember right Rico cramped up in OT ,or he would've beat us. He ran the ball almost every play. It was crazy.

One common opponent I see from early season. AC Reynolds won over West Forsyth 37-0 and Weddington defeated West Forsyth 49-32. It’s going to be interesting to see how this game turns out.
Great point presented here. Weddington received major pressure from West Forsyth. I keep reading that Weddington is an error-free echelon. West Forsyth definitely transformed that statement into a complete lie. Weddington shouldn't have been allowed to lose some composure just because West Forsyth played at home.

27-24 AC Reynolds

From what I have seen from the playoffs, every team has tried to contain Guest. We have got to see so many play makers as AC knows they will try to take him out of the equation. This is not a 1 person show-most complete team I think we have seen.

I do expect both teams will be equally prepared and it will be a 4 quarter fight. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a low scoring defensive battle with a single score to win. It might even come down to 1 mistake. Totally worth the 3 hour drive to see these kids! As coach Laws said post game last week, “now it’s time to go to Weddington And get a win”. Go rockets 🚀

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
From what I have seen from the playoffs, every team has tried to contain Guest. We have got to see so many play makers as AC knows they will try to take him out of the equation. This is not a 1 person show-most complete team I think we have seen.

I do expect both teams will be equally prepared and it will be a 4 quarter fight. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a low scoring defensive battle with a single score to win. It might even come down to 1 mistake. Totally worth the 3 hour drive to see these kids! As coach Laws said post game last week, “now it’s time to go to Weddington And get a win”. Go rockets 🚀
I respectfully disagree on the “we have got to see so many playmakers for AC and this isn’t a 1 person team” comment.

Cunningham had the 1 long play on 4th and 1 where they put in the jumbo short yardage package and the other play was in the fourth quarter on the short pass completion for Reynolds where the butler guy missed a tackle and the WR picked about about 50 down the Reynolds sideline to set up the go ahead td.

Aside from that it was guest left, guest right, guest up the middle. Cunningham on 4th and 2 again, FG FG, stretch run play for guest right, stretch run play for guest left.

The Reynolds QB is very much a game manager. Short, low risk passes, screens, hand the ball off. Be smart. Don’t turn the ball over.

I GUARANTEE you today weddington is saying “make them get into uncomfortable yardages where they need 3rd and 7”

Again, easier said than done. Reynolds has a tremendous coaching staff and line play, so if they can keep getting positive plays, they can win. But like any team, they want 3rd and 2s all night instead of 3rd and 8. They can do it

Reactions: UNC-Gmail.com
Guest of course will keep them guessing but you proved my point with others making plays. The big man got the 2 point conversion for Pete’s sake. There were others that moved the ball as well.

When you say “I GUARANTEE you today weddington is saying “make them get into uncomfortable yardages where they need 3rd and 7”, this is what every championship team is thinking. Do you not think AC is doing the exact same thing with Reiner and Budge? But which defense can make it happen? It will be a good close game but this team is different than all the other years and games, Rico included.

We can chop it up many ways and use stats or history to make predictions, but at the end of the day, defense will win and I like our chances. Now as I say this, it will be a blowout 40-0 lol.

Lissen boys.....I said lissen hear boys
Dem Wedington crew aint ah-playing games. We all know deys on top of things. Dey bees coming with a championship mentality. Aint no body doubting dem cause deys duh real deal. On the other hand prior to duh AC Reynolds crew beating up on Chambers, I warned duh world dat dem mountain boys have thighs like Arnold Schwarzenegger and not one kat believed me and look what happened. I wus told through the great vine AC is coming with some trickery stuff on both side of the ball.

Knowing all dis, it's suppose to rain on Friday and aint nobody ah-wanting to play in dat mess. I do know me and cousin Rufus plan to attend but darn dat rain gots to go away. Maybe dey play Saturday and stuff.

Good luck to Weddington and equal luck to AC Reynolds. Two great bunch

I looked up Reynolds enrollment, and showing 1132? If that is correct playing 4a with 3a numbers.

We have one of the bottom 3 adms in 4A, at least it was last time they realigned. I think we have requested to be moved to 3A but not sure of that outcome yet.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
As I've read through this message, I have the impression that someone is in "Get Set" mode to celebrate, while the others are in "Get Set" mode to verbally reprimand them with a "I told you so."

No one in this match, in my opinion, is the underdog. As we are all aware, Weddington feature one of the best groups of athletes. Look at how great AC Reynolds has done considering that they play in 4A with a 3A population.

kudos to both teams for progressing thus far.

More than Ashville isn't it or are those two pretty close?
We are both pretty close in total enrollment. I wish we could combine schools so we could be on a level playing field with 95 percent of the other 4A schools.

Reynolds is showing however that a very small 4a school can compete and even beat the big dogs like chambers and butler….. but man are the odds stacked against you.

Reynolds and Asheville will be playing teams in the playoffs that have more boy students at their school than we do total students.

Imagine a school in Charlotte or Greensboro or Durham has 1,300 boys to choose a football team from and a team from Asheville has 550.

Yea you can put a hell of an 11 guys out there to field a team still up here, but the pool is so much smaller for us.

As I've read through this message, I have the impression that someone is in "Get Set" mode to celebrate, while the others are in "Get Set" mode to verbally reprimand them with a "I told you so."

No one in this match, in my opinion, is the underdog. As we are all aware, Weddington feature one of the best groups of athletes. Look at how great AC Reynolds has done considering that they play in 4A with a 3A population.

kudos to both teams for progressing thus far.
ACR beat Chambers and Butler to get here. They are the favorite. Weddington has had a great run over the last ten years. I hope we are ready for a different ACR Friday.

Reactions: Mr. Rutledge
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT