ADVERTISEMENT

Butler vs Independence 4th Rd

I feel like every team who won the original matchup this season loss their rematch in the playoffs.

Butler
Rolesville
Cleveland

Who else?

Independence has triumphed over all challenges and outlasted all superpowers that were predicted to last but were unable to hold on. It is "the underdog" that no one has been cheering for.
It’s just hard to think of Independence as an underdog.

So not only has it happened before, it wasn't even that long ago.
Dutch Fork was undefeated defending state champs and went on the road every round a few seasons ago. SC was alternating regions as home team instead of highest seed. They took on the name “Road Warriors” during that run.

Reactions: Straight Scope
You sure seem to always pick games well.... Why dont u ever enter any pick em contests? Every week I see you say well I only missed one or two games this week... And im like dang this guy is good
I wasn’t thinking at the time I typed this. But I meant to mention that I only pick the West side of the brackets as I’m not as familiar with the East side. I usually pick every year from 1A-4A on the West side of the playoffs up to the State Championship games, So far out of 120 games on the West side I got 109 out of 120 right. Next year I need to study up on the East brackets and make my predictions as well. But I do need to enter contest next year.

Dutch Fork was undefeated defending state champs and went on the road every round a few seasons ago. SC was alternating regions as home team instead of highest seed. They took on the name “Road Warriors” during that run.
Sounds like they tried to come up with a plan to stop TK, and it didn't work.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Sounds like they tried to come up with a plan to stop TK, and it didn't work.
I think the system was in place for a few years before it worked out that way. I think they flipped it back to a highest seed. I have not kept up with things as closely since the the 2020 season was delayed.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Agreed. This game reminded me a lot of the rolesville loss. Defense held a very good offense to 10, but the offense just couldn’t get going. Oline just simply didn’t dominate like they did the first time and I think that’s was the game changer. I thought indy would really come out and commit to the run a lot more than they did the first game and that’s what they did. I think Butler did a fairly good job stopping any runs up the middle, but they struggled setting the edge and #21 Jones popped a few long runs. Indy also utilized #7 Little’s legs a lot more this time around, which combined with #21 Jones who ran angry really helped control the time of possession. I think overall, Butlers defense played about as well as you can ask. The offense just really could not get anything to consistently work. Credit to the patriot defense and the entire coaching staff. I truly believe this was Butlers best chance to add ring #4 for at least the next 3-4 years. Especially now considering weddington handled grimsley. I thought Butler matched up very well with weddington and could beat them again, but we’ll never know for sure. Honestly just glad to see this rivalry return to its glory days. Congratulations to Independence on a huge win.
I hear some of Butlers defense was unhappy with the offense led by the QB. This was probably the best defense Butler has fielded since 2012 holding Weddington to 15, Indy to 10 and Rolesville to 14. The raw emotion of letting a golden opportunity slip away is painful hopefully they can come together and be more hungry next year.

I do think Hales should do some tinkering with the offense. The last five playoff losses were due to the offense letting the defense down whether it was high turnover games or the offense not consistently generating points. If the season ended multiple years in a row because the offense didn’t step up, I can see why some kids would he frustrated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT