ADVERTISEMENT

Weddington vs AC Reynolds 4th Rd

ACR beat Chambers and Butler to get here. They are the favorite. Weddington has had a great run over the last ten years. I hope we are ready for a different ACR Friday.
I appreciate how you see things. Nicely put. My ballot will spell AC Reynolds. Just keep in mind that ACR's detractors are ready to harshly admonish ACR with a "I told you so" if they lose. You may be aware of who I'm referring to.

Reactions: BlueDevil95
Reynolds has proven themselves to be a true contender. I believe Weddington has had the more favorable seedings of the teams remaining. If Reynolds plays sound mistake free football. They should win in this game.

Reynolds has proven themselves to be a true contender. I believe Weddington has had the more favorable seedings of the teams remaining. If Reynolds plays sound mistake free football. They should win in this game.
No no no. You don’t get to do this.
You have mocked AC Reynolds for years.
And for no reason.
AC Reynold has played championship level football since the 80’s.
You mocked their program as no where close to the level of Charlotte area programs.
Your ignorance, by definition. And you can’t see beyond Charlotte’s skyline and 2010.
“Proven themselves”? To who? You?
Crest, as a 4A and 3A State Championship program, has always been a top opponent on anyone’s schedule.
We made the same case for AC Reynolds strengthening one’s schedule. And you laughed.
The laughing is over, tough guy.
It is so satisfying to see you eat crow.

• Haha
Reactions: Pepsi.Man
No no no. You don’t get to do this.
You have mocked AC Reynolds for years.
And for no reason.
AC Reynold has played championship level football since the 80’s.
You mocked their program as no where close to the level of Charlotte area programs.
Your ignorance, by definition. And you can’t see beyond Charlotte’s skyline and 2010.
“Proven themselves”? To who? You?
Crest, as a 4A and 3A State Championship program, has always been a top opponent on anyone’s schedule.
We made the same case for AC Reynolds strengthening one’s schedule. And you laughed.
The laughing is over, tough guy.
It is so satisfying to see you eat crow.
Yes Yes I do. For years? 😂 I’ve never mentioned them until 2 weeks ago. I knew absolutely nothing about their program. Since you guys set in your double wide Trailers waiting for gotcha moments for my post. Please repost where I said something derogatory about their program. I’ll wait! 🤷🏾‍♂️😂

Last edited:
Well for what it’s worth, multiple busses with students and fans, as well as additional fans driving will depart AC on Friday. We are bringing the energy for an epic battle. ALL these kids have earned this opportunity (both teams) and I expect this game to be an intense battle. Win or lose, Keep it classy, remember our mistakes and let’s get the W! Go AC 🚀. Safe travels my friends and it looks like rain.

Well for what it’s worth, multiple busses with students and fans, as well as additional fans driving will depart AC on Friday. We are bringing the energy for an epic battle. ALL these kids have earned this opportunity (both teams) and I expect this game to be an intense battle. Win or lose, Keep it classy, remember our mistakes and let’s get the W! Go AC 🚀. Safe travels my friends and it looks like rain.
Rain the whole weekend

Reynolds is showing however that a very small 4a school can compete and even beat the big dogs like chambers and butler….. but man are the odds stacked against you.

Reynolds and Asheville will be playing teams in the playoffs that have more boy students at their school than we do total students.

Imagine a school in Charlotte or Greensboro or Durham has 1,300 boys to choose a football team from and a team from Asheville has 550.

Yea you can put a hell of an 11 guys out there to field a team still up here, but the pool is so much smaller for us.
Man.... I've beat this horse forever to no avail. They just simply don't understand.

We are a 2A school with 2A numbers and a 2A size pool to pull 11 guys from but compete against some of the largest and best schools in the state and win and have done this for DECADES.

It's actually incredible what we've done with what we have had. The only way to compare it would be to say imagine if we had the number of boys as some of the largest schools in the state have. I think we know who would win the 4A title...every single year.

Reactions: 2nd To None
Yes Yes I do. For years? 😂 I’ve never mentioned them until 2 weeks ago. I knew absolutely nothing about their program. Since you guys set in your double wide Trailers waiting for gotcha moments for my post. Please repost where I said something derogatory about their program. I’ll wait! 🤷🏾‍♂️😂
Actually you have. You punished and mocked us for scheduling a mountain team every year. That same mountain team is eliminating your precious Charlotte schools one at a time.

We are 6-3 against that same team.

Actually you have. You punished and mocked us for scheduling a mountain team every year. That same mountain team is eliminating your precious Charlotte schools one at a time.

Are we surprised he can’t remember?
Are we surprised he knew nothing of AC Reynolds success over the last four decades?
Of course not.
A glaring example of just how ignorant he is of North Carolina high school football.

Your credibility is shot, man.
And you just stepped right in it.

Go post on the rookie board, until you study something outside of Charlotte.

• Haha
Reactions: Pepsi.Man
Actually you have. You punished and mocked us for scheduling a mountain team every year. That same mountain team is eliminating your prCharlotte schools one at a time.

Here we go! The thread high hackers, the Hatfield & McCoys show up on the 4A board, because they laughed you guys off the 2A board. Hilarious 😂 I’ve visited the 2A board, once in 10 years.😂 Your program has zero relevancy in my eyes. I’ve never attended a 2A football game, my entire life. You guys are obsessed with being idiots. Please go away. 🤷🏾‍♂️😂

Here we go! The thread high hackers, the Hatfield & McCoys show up on the 4A board, because they laughed you guys off the 2A board. Hilarious 😂 I’ve visited the 2A board, once in 10 years.😂 Your program has zero relevancy in my eyes. I’ve never attended a 2A football game, my entire life. You guys are obsessed with being idiots. Please go away. 🤷🏾‍♂️😂
Nothing relevant to the topic... per usual.

Because of how easily some lowlife grownups can become immature and dumb in this environment, I really hope there are law enforcement officers stationed at every intersection.

However, given what ACR did to West Forsyth 37-0 and Weddington's 49-32 victory over West Forsyth, it currently appears that ACR could repeat and defeat the next great squad. Though again, anything can happen, I don't see any problems here.

I would most likely take ACR as of right now. They are one of just a handful of teams that excels on attack and defense, having won two of the most stunning games against everyone's STRONG doubts (Chambers & Butler).

Weddington isn't exactly a slouch, but you get the idea. ACR is remarkable.

ACR should have no problems at all against weddington… They honestly should be a favorite in my opinion. ACR last test will be hough. Having already played chambers will help with adapting to the speed of hough on defense. I’m trying not to look ahead but I do see a Hough vs. Reynolds West Final!

Reactions: beamer24
“Acr should have no problems at all against weddington”

Lol

Yea those 4th round games are always easy from my experience.

Reynolds has never been just your typical mountain team. AC has a great program and the last 5-6 yrs have seen them become even more athletic due to some of the shifting housing demographics/pricing surrounding Asheville and Bumcombe County. AC and Weddington or more alike than different. Both teams are solid across the board. Last week I predicted AC by 3-7pts. This week I am taking AC by 7 because they are the better team in my opinion.

Reactions: Rockets fan
“Acr should have no problems at all against weddington”

Lol

Yea those 4th round games are always easy from my experience.
Last year they lost in the 4th round 45-14 lol… All you have to do is match their coaching and have just one or two athletes. Reynolds has both. Reynolds better win if not Weddington stands no chance against Hough next week. Just from a matchup standpoint.

Reactions: nepsy7
Does Weddington sale tickets at the gate or online only.

Does Weddington sale tickets at the gate or online only.
According to the info they sent to ACR, fans can buy online, or at gate with debit or ccd card or Apple Pay. No cash will be accepted from what it says.

Reactions: 84k
There is a lot of information on here about this game, so this may be a repeat.

This game will be on the internet, live and free of charge, at 7PM on a site called bahakelsports.com

In the past they have done a pretty good job. To a large extent their quality is based on stadium lighting and weather.

If you go there now they are showing highlights of last week's Providence Day-Charlotte Christian game, and highlights of earlier games are also available.

Last edited:
Last year they lost in the 4th round 45-14 lol… All you have to do is match their coaching and have just one or two athletes. Reynolds has both. Reynolds better win if not Weddington stands no chance against Hough next week. Just from a matchup standpoint.
1 or 2 athletes …. 🙄 Go ahead and say it !!

1 or 2 athletes …. 🙄 Go ahead and say it !!
Our Athletes grow up in the shadow of Charlotte . They compete against Charlotte athletes their whole lives in all sports. We are used to this stereotype. "they don't have the athletes' We have plenty of athletes. They may not look like you think athletes should but they are still athletes. Our basketball team didn't look the part but they went undefeated for the past 2 years and won the championship in 3A and 4A consecutively ! Over the past 8 years our football team has won 3 championships and been to 4. All that said, we may lose tonight , but our Athletes will show up and play hard. While most of the rest of the HS football players in the state are at home.

Our Athletes grow up in the shadow of Charlotte . They compete against Charlotte athletes their whole lives in all sports. We are used to this stereotype. "they don't have the athletes' We have plenty of athletes. They may not look like you think athletes should but they are still athletes. Our basketball team didn't look the part but they went undefeated for the past 2 years and won the championship in 3A and 4A consecutively ! Over the past 8 years our football team has won 3 championships and been to 4. All that said, we may lose tonight , but our Athletes will show up and play hard. While most of the rest of the HS football players in the state are at home.
What specifically are you referring about here. Are you referring to their physical build, lack of muscular definition, race, or general level of popularity as a team?

What specifically are you referring about here. Are you referring to their physical build, lack of muscular definition, race, or general level of popularity as a team?
All of the above …just like “ bring 1or 2 athletes and some coaching”. That’s all it takes

Our Athletes grow up in the shadow of Charlotte . They compete against Charlotte athletes their whole lives in all sports. We are used to this stereotype. "they don't have the athletes' We have plenty of athletes. They may not look like you think athletes should but they are still athletes. Our basketball team didn't look the part but they went undefeated for the past 2 years and won the championship in 3A and 4A consecutively ! Over the past 8 years our football team has won 3 championships and been to 4. All that said, we may lose tonight , but our Athletes will show up and play hard. While most of the rest of the HS football players in the state are at least
Sorry my opinion offended you! But I stand on what I said. It will be awhile before they win a state championship in the combined big boy 4A ball. Hey… win tonight, next week, and the week after and prove me wrong.
Go Weddington!

Last edited:
One of the most athletic people in the state the last decade came out of Weddington. They have athletes.

I get tired of this stereotype that white kids can't be or aren't athletic. Because it implies other negative stereotypes against black kids as well. It's insulting all around.

Most folks are not going to be very familiar about the Bobby Poss days and Coach Laws run in his earlier years. I think this is the only school Shane Laws has ever coached at and about 15 of his 25 or so there are as the HC.

ACR was 3A for most of the last ten years. Do believe their last 4A season was a loss to Porter Ridge when PR lost in the state title game. The last two seasons were back to 4A ending with lopsided losses to Catholic and Hickory Ridge. Those two games made most people not expect ACR to be as strong as they are.

ACR's only loss this season is to Rabun Gap (GA) which plays in the NC private school league. They lost to Providence Day and split with Christian. Weddington's only L was to Providence Day. Their first three games were Christian, P Day, and West Forysth.

One of the most athletic people in the state the last decade came out of Weddington. They have athletes.

I get tired of this stereotype that white kids can't be or aren't athletic. Because it implies other negative stereotypes against black kids as well. It's insulting all around.
Shipley was a once in a decade type player. Weddington is known for playing very discipline, and penalty free football, with a great coaching staff. They usually get beat by teams that out Athlete them. Deep in the playoffs that's when they run into problems. Or when you schedule a team like Providence Day, with 4 star Wr's, who lit them up for 351 yards in receiving, and Chambers last year Chambers who put up an offensive clinic last year, beating them 45-14. Both teams were able to isolate them with one on one play. Watching those games it was obvious they couldn't keep up with the competition.

Reactions: mrhonda
Shipley was a once in a decade type player. Weddington is known for playing very discipline, and penalty free football, with a great coaching staff. They usually get beat by teams that out Athlete them. Deep in the playoffs that's when they run into problems. Or when you schedule a team like Providence Day, with 4 star Wr's, who lit them up for 351 yards in receiving, and Chambers last year Chambers who put up an offensive clinic last year, beating them 45-14. Both teams were able to isolate them with one on one play. Watching those games it was obvious they couldn't keep up with the competition.
Thank you. By no means am I saying weddington is a bad team! Most teams in the state don’t wanna play them cause they know that they will be VERY well coached and Disciplined. But to sit here and say that their players compare to those of a Hough,Chambers,Creek,Butler,East Forsyth,Grimsley, etc… is reaching. They win off off great coaching and no mistakes. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm aware that it has occurred in football, but I've also witnessed it firsthand on a basketball court when everyone of all colors witnessed the "white" team enter the game believing they had no chance against the "black" squad. In the end, they took home the championship.

Reactions: onioncfb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT