ADVERTISEMENT

Walkertown @ West Montgomery

They are way to mature and professional to take part in the nonsense. Sticks in the mud like ES posters. Take it to seriously to have fun.

Good Luck to da Warriors and Wtown Prep...should be epic down there in Montgomery county...

Walkertown routing West Mont now...definitely didn't see that coming.

Wouldn't call it a huge upset, but the manner in which it's happening certainly is surprising.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Did WM coach start the ball rolling for Walkertown with a fake punt on his own 35 again? If he did I'm sure he'll say he'd do it again!

WOW!!! People better take notice-that is an ole Fashioned trip behind the wood shed!!!!

Let's be honest... Walkertown wasn't a 10 seed to start with... They shouldn't be 1A but not making excuses they won... Great job to them I hope the go all the way. Congrats to them.

Reactions: Buzzard15
Said it waaaaay back at the beginning of this thread that, had Walkertown been allowed to play a typical 1A/2A non-con schedule, this game wouldn't have been happening in round two. This is a very good football team that really hit its stride the last 3 weeks of the regular season. West Mont just ran into a scorching hot team.

They're going to be a really tough out. Not sure East beats them again.

Great job Walkertown. You guys earned it. WM just didn't deserve it. But you know what they say their is always next year, or as js2000 once said "The Sun Will Rise". Again congratulations.......

Last edited:
Great job Walkertown. Every time we would seize the momentum or try to, they would answer the call. The things we knew would get us ended up getting us tonight. Best of luck to Walkertown and the rest of the winners tonight. Sometimes it happens, and it happened to us tonight. We got whipped.

Quakertown is a well coach team and good luck the rest of the way hope the player who wAs injured makes a full recovery

And I saw several times that the NW1A was a week conference this year. We have 2 of the 4 teams in the western round 3 1AA and will have 1 in the finals !

Dang! Walkertown is for real! They should waltz right into the State Championship and have a great chance to get a ring! They whipped our WM team! No doubt about it and no excuses! They were far superior tonight! Hope the kid that was injured will be ok! That looked nasty! Good Luck and I for one will be pulling for you guys the rest of the way!

Last edited:
Dang! Walkertown is for real! They should waltz right into the State Championship and have a great chance to get a ring! They whipped our WM team! No don't about it and no excuses! They were far superior tonight! Hope the kid that was injured will be ok! That looked nasty! Good Luck and I for one will be pulling for you guys the rest of the way!
UNBELIEVABLE any team put 63 up on WM. Was it power running or speed on the outside?

UNBELIEVABLE any team put 63 up on WM. Was it power running or speed on the outside?

Every time a play needed to be made they made it. We get a big turnover in first half and drop a TD pass that would have put us up by 21. We don't score at all on that drive. We score the first play of the 2nd half and take the lead again and get a 3 and out and fumble the punt, giving them the ball right back so they can tie the score. There were points in that game were we had chances and didn't take advantage and we paid the price. They are a fine team, but I am not ready to crown them state champions. It was there for the taking. I have seen what happened to us tonight psychologically and physically happen to 100's of teams before. Unfortunately, when we had a chance to seize momentum and take control, we didn't. And we let them do it. We had all the talent in the world, but when a play needed to be made, we couldn't do it. Hats off to them for doing so.

Last edited:
now let me get this straight, the supposed favorite in the 1AA West and a tough defense just gave up 63 points at home in the playoffs ?

Reactions: sbbbfan
Thats what im saying..These guys down in Mt.Gilead better start paying attention to theses Piedmont triad teams. 2 yrs in a row they've (los robo de ti en su casa) took something from you in your house!!!

I will pull for Monroe in 2a for the rest of this year. I have a coworker that has a Son playing. He is a division 1 prospect and already getting letters. He is a Junior and the Kicker

West Montgomery has a lot of talent but what I seen last night there's one position holding them back. I'm still in shock and all.
I never seen a weakness in West Montgomery all year. Their weakness was falling apart close to the end of the game. This West Montgomery Team is as good as any of Them in 1@@

I've been saying this all along, fellow Yadkin Valley pals: Yadkin Valley = weak competition= one team rolling through conference = false sense of superiority = early playoff blowout wins = painful, bone-crushing crash back to reality.

As much as I'd like to see West or East or any Yadkin team bring home the title, it just ain't gonna happen blowing out Chatham (we have more people on the team than in our school) Central, South (next coach up) Davidson, Al (be danged our school may be closing) marle, Charter School #1 (of many to come) Union Academy, North (strong showing for 3-4 years then gone for 10) Moore, North (we had two good years in a row so we are a tradition to deal with) Stanly, South Stanly (Rebels, no..bulls...no....Rebel Bulls....no...bunch of Bull) and at the top West (we are the world, we are the champi.......uh, cue the crickets chirping in a background of silence due to another playoff pasting) Montgomery.

What does the future hold?? Not much for realignment--at the moment. With the explosion of charter schools and their ability to pass themselves off as "college prep school" when, in reality, they are public schools that are not required by law to provide breakfast, lunch, or bus service to the students, teachers and administrators who are not required to be highly certified, and now, with the latest legislation, will NOT be required to meet the same testing/proficient standards of traditional public schools. I'll bet you also didn't notice that each of these charter schools has its own school board and superintendent, did you? And that superintendent's pay (in addition to the county's superintendent) starts at the state rate at over 100K.....(Stanly County, now you know why the money's getting tight for the traditional schools?). These charters are killing the traditional schools, are public schools, play by different rules, and are judged by different standards......BUT....your (and my) tax dollars support them!

So what do we do? East is going 2A, North (some years we kick your but, but most we hide in the shadows) Rowan may pop up, but that's about it. I don't know how much longer West Montgomery can hang on at the top before a smartly placed "Mount Gilead Charter" sweeps in and relegates the Warriors to "leftover" status, as in the case of so many other traditional schools. Consolidation? Not the answer. I feel for you Stanly County buddies. Fight consolidation like the plague; it will DESTROY your identities, increase discipline issues at schools, lengthen bus/travel routes to school, and erode community support. I know; I've seen it done in no fewer than 11 school consolidations in my 25 years in education.

In short, that crystal ball will see more and more charters, preps, academies, or whatever spin they put on the newest school-paid for by our tax dollars holding their "recruitment periods" and grabbing the best athletes with promises of free rides to Harvard, Princeton, Yale.....or Alabama. Hence, conferences will see the charters take over titles at their levels and the state as well.

My hat off to West and East Montgomery, North Moore and Stanly, for your playoff representations. Yet, the exits were painful reminders of a conference with internal issues.

Both hats off for Mitchell County and East Wilkes, newcomers on the rise at this point in the season. Hear's hoping for a new face at the top of the ladder come December.

Oh, one last tidbit about the rising charters......... they wan't tell you charter schools are still academically outperformed by the traditional--year in , year out.

I've been saying this all along, fellow Yadkin Valley pals: Yadkin Valley = weak competition= one team rolling through conference = false sense of superiority = early playoff blowout wins = painful, bone-crushing crash back to reality.

As much as I'd like to see West or East or any Yadkin team bring home the title, it just ain't gonna happen blowing out Chatham (we have more people on the team than in our school) Central, South (next coach up) Davidson, Al (be danged our school may be closing) marle, Charter School #1 (of many to come) Union Academy, North (strong showing for 3-4 years then gone for 10) Moore, North (we had two good years in a row so we are a tradition to deal with) Stanly, South Stanly (Rebels, no..bulls...no....Rebel Bulls....no...bunch of Bull) and at the top West (we are the world, we are the champi.......uh, cue the crickets chirping in a background of silence due to another playoff pasting) Montgomery.

What does the future hold?? Not much for realignment--at the moment. With the explosion of charter schools and their ability to pass themselves off as "college prep school" when, in reality, they are public schools that are not required by law to provide breakfast, lunch, or bus service to the students, teachers and administrators who are not required to be highly certified, and now, with the latest legislation, will NOT be required to meet the same testing/proficient standards of traditional public schools. I'll bet you also didn't notice that each of these charter schools has its own school board and superintendent, did you? And that superintendent's pay (in addition to the county's superintendent) starts at the state rate at over 100K.....(Stanly County, now you know why the money's getting tight for the traditional schools?). These charters are killing the traditional schools, are public schools, play by different rules, and are judged by different standards......BUT....your (and my) tax dollars support them!

So what do we do? East is going 2A, North (some years we kick your but, but most we hide in the shadows) Rowan may pop up, but that's about it. I don't know how much longer West Montgomery can hang on at the top before a smartly placed "Mount Gilead Charter" sweeps in and relegates the Warriors to "leftover" status, as in the case of so many other traditional schools. Consolidation? Not the answer. I feel for you Stanly County buddies. Fight consolidation like the plague; it will DESTROY your identities, increase discipline issues at schools, lengthen bus/travel routes to school, and erode community support. I know; I've seen it done in no fewer than 11 school consolidations in my 25 years in education.

In short, that crystal ball will see more and more charters, preps, academies, or whatever spin they put on the newest school-paid for by our tax dollars holding their "recruitment periods" and grabbing the best athletes with promises of free rides to Harvard, Princeton, Yale.....or Alabama. Hence, conferences will see the charters take over titles at their levels and the state as well.

My hat off to West and East Montgomery, North Moore and Stanly, for your playoff representations. Yet, the exits were painful reminders of a conference with internal issues.

Both hats off for Mitchell County and East Wilkes, newcomers on the rise at this point in the season. Hear's hoping for a new face at the top of the ladder come December.

Oh, one last tidbit about the rising charters......... they wan't tell you charter schools are still academically outperformed by the traditional--year in , year out.
Great Post

West needs to schedule a tougher non-conference schedule since it is a weak conference and the boys not ready for tough competition. Who cares if your 12-0 that only gets you to the 2nd round.

Reactions: WARRIOR_PRIDE2005
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT