ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Randolph at Central Davidson

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
After surviving a nail biter with BYE, the Wildcats travel West to take on Central Davidson. When I saw the Spartans on the schedule, I was a little nervous. CD is known for chewing up yardage. However, it appears that they're down from the past few years. Hopefully, ER can slow down that ground attack.

After surviving a nail biter with BYE, the Wildcats travel West to take on Central Davidson. When I saw the Spartans on the schedule, I was a little nervous. CD is known for chewing up yardage. However, it appears that they're down from the past few years. Hopefully, ER can slow down that ground attack.
Probably won’t Chute…
Ain’t you heard?
ER can’t play defense and doesn’t score. Some poster been following them for years…

Oh I feel as Im under attack, so lets see.. ER where is the stud back this year? Where is the EJ Brower, where is the Justin Walker, Chris Headen, M Cheek? More recent, where is the Jordan T? Thats the running game, where is the big reciever, the k marley, the travis whittaker? omar butler... i didnt say thy were bad i said they have a hard time scoring this season. And yes I am not sold on the line backing core, no clapp brothers or anything that callaber

Man you’re dating yourself with most of those names you threw out. If you wanna keep going I could say: where’s Andy Headen, Alan Hooker, etc…
In ten years somebody will be saying ain’t no so and so like Devonte, JuJu, etc..
R-E-L-A-X
😂

Man you’re dating yourself with most of those names you threw out. If you wanna keep going I could say: where’s Andy Headen, Alan Hooker, etc…
In ten years somebody will be saying ain’t no so and so like Devonte, JuJu, etc..
R-E-L-A-X
😂
Hooker was a QB, what about Kivett at line backer, And no i dont think there will be many more devonte's that kid didnt come off the field amazing to watch play good to see yal got him to college

Reactions: thekidd12
Oh I feel as Im under attack, so lets see.. ER where is the stud back this year? Where is the EJ Brower, where is the Justin Walker, Chris Headen, M Cheek? More recent, where is the Jordan T? Thats the running game, where is the big reciever, the k marley, the travis whittaker? omar butler... i didnt say thy were bad i said they have a hard time scoring this season. And yes I am not sold on the line backing core, no clapp brothers or anything that callaber
No, ER doesn't have a Nyheim Lilly, nor a Jaren Letterlough, nor a Khyri Crawford, nor a Keke Spinks, nor a Richard Bartell, nor a Scoobie Cheek. However, I do think that Lucas Smith could be that "stud" back we're looking for.

As far as the big receivers, guys like the two you mentioned don't come around ER too often. Only other guy I can think of that remotely came close to that physical make-up was Corey Yahn. They might not be big, but NIcah Taylor and Timmy Brower are pretty decent weapons.

ER hasn't had too much of a problem scoring so far. Plus, the Cats did put up more points against EA than Reidsville did........

No, ER doesn't have a Nyheim Lilly, nor a Jaren Letterlough, nor a Khyri Crawford, nor a Keke Spinks, nor a Richard Bartell, nor a Scoobie Cheek. However, I do think that Lucas Smith could be that "stud" back we're looking for.

As far as the big receivers, guys like the two you mentioned don't come around ER too often. Only other guy I can think of that remotely came close to that physical make-up was Corey Yahn. They might not be big, but NIcah Taylor and Timmy Brower are pretty decent weapons.

ER hasn't had too much of a problem scoring so far. Plus, the Cats did put up more points against EA than Reidsville did........
Spinks that guy was a dude

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
This might be controversial amongst ER fans but.....IMO.....he's the best athlete to ever come from ER. That guy could literally play anything. If he had chosen to play baseball, he would've been ER's ace. I'm not kidding.
And basketball as well. Young man could get it no matter the season..

Ok I like to joke a little occasionally but I do have to say I think best athlete ever at ER was Jeff Cain. Played three sports and did them all very well. Of course not everyone remembers him because he was late 70s.

Wonder if our newest/oldest supporter was following Cats when Jeff was around?

Ok I like to joke a little occasionally but I do have to say I think best athlete ever at ER was Jeff Cain. Played three sports and did them all very well. Of course not everyone remembers him because he was late 70s.

I'm ashamed to admit I had never heard of Jeff until I watched him in the alumni basketball game. I did a double take when I found out how old he was. That's gotta be a weird feeling, running up and down the court with people 1/3 your age.

I'm ashamed to admit I had never heard of Jeff until I watched him in the alumni basketball game. I did a double take when I found out how old he was. That's gotta be a weird feeling, running up and down the court with people 1/3 your age.
It’s ok Chute…
Some of us old guys could play a little. People that used to watch us however are unfortunately not around anymore.
Jeff was a man though. Still is.

Know Jeff well, was a very good athlete but to say the best I dont know I would go that far. That is a hard label to say the best. I would have to look at ones that played at the next level. had one win a super bowl.. had a young kid set all kinds of passing records at elon, had one to straight to the majors... that is just a tuff convo.

Know Jeff well, was a very good athlete but to say the best I dont know I would go that far. That is a hard label to say the best. I would have to look at ones that played at the next level. had one win a super bowl.. had a young kid set all kinds of passing records at elon, had one to straight to the majors... that is just a tuff convo.
Best all around I’ll stand by it. Three major sports and did extremely well in all. The rest you mentioned I know very well too. They had success in their respective sports but while at Eastern Randolph, for only three years at that time, I’m still sticking with Mr Cain

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT