ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Randolph at Parkwood

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Cats are traveling down to MUN-roe for the last non-con tilt. All I know about Parkwood is that they're the Wolfpack and that they play in a tough, tough area for football. I wonder if this is the first time these two have ever met.

I really hope our fans don't mix up Parkwood with Parkland. It would be really awkward if a bunch of ER fans randomly showed up in Winston-Salem on Friday.

Cats are traveling down to MUN-roe for the last non-con tilt. All I know about Parkwood is that they're the Wolfpack and that they play in a tough, tough area for football. I wonder if this is the first time these two have ever met.

I really hope our fans don't mix up Parkwood with Parkland. It would be really awkward if a bunch of ER fans randomly showed up in Winston-Salem on Friday.
That would be funny until they got in the bleachers and didn't see their team come on the field.

Believe it is the first meeting, in any sport…
What’s to know?
Another 3A team…
Next week begins the trek through 2A conference…

Parkwood is in our conference (Rocky River 3A/2A) and we play them later in the year. Haven't seen this year's team but I've seen a lot of their teams in my 40 plus years of going to FH games. They usually have some good athletes and decent size. Not sure if it's coaching or what it is but they might have a decent team every so many years and then fall off again. With good coaching they could be a decent 3A program but right now they're average. I think ER can win by at least two scores or more. Playing us, being a county rival, they always give us a great effort. Right now they're tied for last in the conference @ 1-3 with Piedmont and Anson County. If they're like past teams they'll give you a fight as long as they can but I'm not sure about their depth these days.

Isn’t Parkwood down 22/42 just past the railroad tracks near Putnam? Randolph county history buffs should know the story of that place.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Isn’t Parkwood down 22/42 just past the railroad tracks near Putnam? Randolph county history buffs should know the story of that place.
Ok you’re traveling through my neck of the woods but for the life of me I have no idea what you’re referring to. Ain’t Putnam down at High Falls? Help an old man out here.

Ok you’re traveling through my neck of the woods but for the life of me I have no idea what you’re referring to. Ain’t Putnam down at High Falls? Help an old man out here.
Here’s a good article about it and even it was written over 20 years ago. These days there’s not a lot left other than foundations. It’s just past the railroad tracks you cross south of high falls. The little green unincorporated city sign still stands that says parkewood and the old town was off to the right that’s just grown up woods now. https://hsccmd.org/21-january-2001-carroll-countians-founded-parkewood-nc/

Here’s a good article about it and even it was written over 20 years ago. These days there’s not a lot left other than foundations. It’s just past the railroad tracks you cross south of high falls. The little green unincorporated city sign still stands that says parkewood and the old town was off to the right that’s just grown up woods now. https://hsccmd.org/21-january-2001-carroll-countians-founded-parkewood-nc/
So you think that might be why every yard in Coleridge,Erect and Seagrove has a millstone in it?
😂

Cats built a 34-0 lead at half and cruised. Pretty much did anything they wanted.

Parkwood had some nice shiny blue helmets.......that didn't match their purple pants. QB wasn't too bad though.

Reactions: thekidd12
I'm all Mt airy and my brother lived in Robbins 25 years I went to drag races at the Rock fished in the deep river and loved every minute of it went to Bennet to buy freaking beer cause couldn't buy it in Robbins and eat at freaking chicken Joint there 2 stop lights thats it but dang guys will say Mt airy loves you in Randolph County

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT