ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Alamance at Eastern Randolph

Well, I guess I'll get it started.......

The always tough Eagles come to Ramseur to take on those QB poaching Wildcats. Last year, EA's running back ran all over us. I wonder how they'll be this year. Cats should be good once again.

Friday night can't come fast enough.
You playing Pig Skin Picks contest this year! $100 top prize paying 4 places!

The always tough Eagles come to Ramseur to take on those QB poaching Wildcats. Last year, EA's running back ran all over us. I wonder how they'll be this year. Cats should be good once again.

Cats MAY be good again this year…
Devonte not walking halls anymore…

Nothing like PG stealing all the athletes and money when it opened so yea. But I think there is a void to fill at middle linebacker for the Cats and Brooks shoes are a huge one to fill

Oh, and before I forget..........

HIT SOMEBODYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Well......the 2023 campaign got off to a rough start last night. Eastern Alamance broke open a close game in the third quarter and cruised to a 35-15 victory. I'll start with the Eagles.....

Once again, EA is a solid team. Very well-balanced on offense. They have two good RB's in Joshua Murray and Tyrek Samuel. Murray had an outstanding night. He had an awesome TD run in the second quarter. QB Jason Ball had a nice performance. WR Douglas Kettrells can flat out scoot.

There were two turning points in this game. Towards the end of the first quarter, the Eagles began to quicken the pace of their offense. This gradually wore down the ER line. By the fourth quarter, EA had the trenches completely controlled on both ends.

In the third quarter, ER was driving around midfield down 14-7. Unfortunately, Revelle started cramping really bad and had to come out. ER's drive came to a complete halt, EA got the ball back, and the Eagles put together a great drive to go up 21-7.

Eastern Alamance should contend for their conference championship. It'll more than likely be a three way dance between them, Western Alamance, and Southern Alamance.

As for the Wildcats.....

On the positive side, there's some decent potential and a lot of room for improvement. I liked what I saw out of Carter Revelle. He threw some nice balls and he's got a decent set of wheels. He scooted out of trouble more than a few times. He had a nice TD run in the second quarter when he juked a defender. The ER staff just needs to keep a bottle of mustard on the sidelines for him.

ER has at least one dependable receiver. Nicah Taylor had a great game last night. He made an amazing catch of a Revelle bomb in the second quarter. Taylor looked good out there. Hopefully, ER will find a couple of other dependable wideouts down the road.

I thought, as a whole, that ER's linebackers and secondary looked pretty decent. Luis Garcia and Kobe Walker had nice games on that side of the ball. Both Walker and Deshaun Shamberger had some good returns on special teams.

The running game was fairly interesting. ER started Adonye Herbert. I don't remember Herbert running at all last year. If the O-line can clear space for him consistently, I think he'll do alright. The Cats also have their bruiser, Lucas Smith, back. Smith came in during the second quarter and had a couple of decent runs. I was surprised that Garcia didn't get any touches in the backfield. He ran the ball well on JV last year.

I think what is ultimately going to decide the Cats fate this year is the play in the trenches. ER's line is solid. However, unlike the last couple of years, ER is having to play a lot of those lineman on both sides. I don't think it will effect the Cats all that much for the rest of the season. When states roll around, this could be a factor.

I do think ER will win conference again. As of right now, it looks like Randleman will be their biggest test. However, based on what I witnessed last night, I don't see ER getting past the third round. Now, I hope I'm 100% wrong on this.

Yea rough game for the Cats, did not put the big back in on the 3 yard line? Being a small school these early games are challenging with how hot and bodies where as EA could keep their kids fresh... number 51 never comes off the field. I also think they will be fine in concerance but few things to shore up

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
I think what is ultimately going to decide the Cats fate this year is the play in the trenches. ER's line is solid. However, unlike the last couple of years, ER is having to play a lot of those lineman on both sides. I don't think it will effect the Cats all that much for the rest of the season. When states roll around, this could be a factor.

I do think ER will win conference again. As of right now, it looks like Randleman will be their biggest test. However, based on what I witnessed last night, I don't see ER getting past the third round. Now, I hope I'm 100% wrong on this.
West Stokes plays Randleman this week. Looks like they have good receiver

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT