ADVERTISEMENT

SW Randolph at Eastern Randolph

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Oh yeah......conference play starts this week.....

Those pesky Cougars come to Ramseur Friday. Luckily for them, there won't be a fancy Jumbotron to distract them. Just an Icee vendor on the South end. I wonder which version of SWR the Cats will see. The "Albemarle" version...........or the "Asheboro" version?

Reactions: thekidd12
Truthfully haven’t seen the “official” list. Know two of the gentleman’s names. Also I believe the entire 1983 state champion football team is going in.
Been a lot of discussion in Thomasville about numbers in our pretty new Hall of Fame. All centered around individuals, not teams. Just curious about the philosophy at ER, which I have a lot of respect for.

Been a lot of discussion in Thomasville about numbers in our pretty new Hall of Fame. All centered around individuals, not teams. Just curious about the philosophy at ER, which I have a lot of respect for.
Apparently bylaws of committee says individuals have to go before a team. Once an entire team is inducted no one from said team is eligible.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I was. But left when it became apparent that the goal was not to recognize excellence, but sheer numbers to make up for years of not having a HOF.
One problem I have, and it could be just me, is they are getting caught up in what some people did AFTER graduating. I think it should be an Eastern Randolph HOF recognizing individuals who had success inside those walls. Glad athletes went on to succeed in college but there are several I can think of that were exceptional performers in HS who, for whatever reason, chose to end athletic careers at that point. Work,marriages, whatever. I don’t think that diminishes what they accomplished in HS but as it stands apparently I’m in the minority. It’s ok I’ve been in that most of my life anyway.

One problem I have, and it could be just me, is they are getting caught up in what some people did AFTER graduating. I think it should be an Eastern Randolph HOF recognizing individuals who had success inside those walls. Glad athletes went on to succeed in college but there are several I can think of that were exceptional performers in HS who, for whatever reason, chose to end athletic careers at that point. Work,marriages, whatever. I don’t think that diminishes what they accomplished in HS but as it stands apparently I’m in the minority. It’s ok I’ve been in that most of my life anyway.
The only exception I feel is important is conduct after graduation. We have a few that have significant criminal records as adults. But I tend to agree on the criteria being high school accomplishments.

The only exception I feel is important is conduct after graduation. We have a few that have significant criminal records as adults. But I tend to agree on the criteria being high school accomplishments.
Curious is Scott Riddle in Eastern hall of fame?

Reactions: thekidd12
That was a great, great night to be a Wildcat! One of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced at Burton Cates Stadium. The Cats defended their way to a 35-0 lead at the break and cruised.

Excellent performance from ER last night. Maybe their best all year. If you had the Wildcats Defense/Special Teams in fantasy football, you probably won. Two interceptions returned for TD's by Nicah Taylor. One of which was an absolutely incredible 90 yard run. Kobe Walker blocked a punt, scooped it up, and scurried in for another TD.

Carter Revelle and Lucas Smith also had nice performances. Revelle ran and threw for a TD. He also had a spectacular 90 yard run called back for a hold.

Biggest surprise of last night was not on the field. The High Point University band came to play with the ER band. They sounded awesome. It rubbed off on the ER band, and they delivered a great performance at halftime. Once they started playing, I think it threw SWR off a little.

It was also awesome to see the 1983 state championship team honored. The painting of "83" on each 25 yard line was a nice touch. Was kind of funny to see the contrast between each of the members. Alan Hooker and Charles Arrington looked like they could still play. Rest of the guys looked like they were going to give birth any minute. When Ron started reading out the roster weights from '83, I died laughing.

The Hall of Fame class was indeed "interesting". All of the inductees were before my time so I can't really formulate a good opinion. It was cool to see Phil Burgess inducted. He actually used to post on NCPreps.

As for the Cougars....

I can't figure them out. They look stronger up front than they have in a while. Nathan Ellis is deceptively quick. He's pretty good at making people miss. Their special teams looked great until the blocked punt. I feel like SWR could beat Randleman/PG......but I can also see them losing. I've got to see them again.

It was also awesome to see the 1983 state championship team honored. The painting of "83" on each 25 yard line was a nice touch. Was kind of funny to see the contrast between each of the members. Alan Hooker and Charles Arrington looked like they could still play. Rest of the guys looked like they were going to give birth any minute. When Ron started reading out the roster weights from '83, I died laughing.

The Hall of Fame class was indeed "interesting". All of the inductees were before my time so I can't really formulate a good opinion. It was cool to see Phil Burgess inducted. He actually used to post on NCPreps.
Well I played with one of them on baseball field. He wasn't on 81 team though. Was surprising to me he was inducted in ER HOF...
PG maybe, if they had one but ER???

No sir but thank you. Last year left hander of my 81 team was inducted rightfully so. This year, I’ve heard, my second baseman from the 80 team is going in. Personally I’m hoping they put our entire state runner up team from 81 in. Before we all have to use walkers to get around…
What was the record of the 81 Baseball Team?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT