ADVERTISEMENT

Trinity at SW Randolph

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Cougars pulled off the sweep last night. Lady Cougs didn't have too much trouble. They won by around 20.

Boys game was a series of twists and turns. SW jumped out to a 10-1 lead. Then, Dominic Payne got hot and proceeded to outscore SWR for a spell. Bulldogs ran the lead up to 18-10. Then, SWR got the momentum again and outplayed Trinity till the break.

The most pivotal moment came early on in the third quarter. Payne picked up his fourth foul and had to sit for a long spell. This enabled SWR to take a little more control on both ends of the floor. The Cougars played a great fourth quarter and Trinity wound up getting stagnant on offense. Final was 59-50.

Good good team effort from SWR. They're fairly fun to watch when they're on their game. Guard Thomas Leal is a lot quicker than I realized. I also enjoy watching Marcus Robertson. He's a good complementary player for the Cougs.

Not a good performance from Trinity. They came out flat and disinterested. Payne came to play though. SWR didn't have much of an answer for him. Payne finished with 34 and I'm willing to bet almost three/fourths of those points came from the free throw line.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT