ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville at Eastern Randolph (girls)

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Man, what an atmosphere in Ramseur tonight! Great turnout from the Black Knight faithful. Ladies first......

Desta Trammell put on a show. I knew she would be good. I didn't think she would be THAT good. If she wasn't knocking down threes, she was taking her woman off the dribble and hitting a Black Knight on the inside for an easy bucket. And yes, she hit all her free throws. Matter of fact, I'm not sure any of them touched the rim. I'm willing to bet she spends at least two hours every day shooting the basketball. ER simply couldn't figure her out. Color me very impressed.

People will more than likely remember Trammell's performance. Sadly, most people will probably not remember Kensley Phillips's performance. Phillips was tremendous tonight. She played tough, tough defense on ER's guards and pulled down a ton of defensive rebounds. Her and Liz Carpenter really got after it on the boards.

Tough game for ER. Cats had a rough night shooting (and rebounding) the basketball. They couldn't quite figure out the Robbinsville defense. I do want to say that I'm very surprised that ER never broke out the press. That's worked well for them all year. Oh well.....great, great season Lady Cats!! To get to the third round, not too shabby.

Tonight was the first night I've ever seen a referee...........with a MOHAWK. This guy looked like he should be working the door at CBGB's instead of on a basketball court. He's probably the only referee that would allow "slam-dancing" in the lane. I don't know which district/region he works but he's become my favorite ref. Oi!

I'm surprised they never pressed either bc albemarle gave robbinsville fits pressing on Tuesday. I haven't watched y'all play all year but tonight it appeared stop number 5 and you can win.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Tonight was the first night I've ever seen a referee...........with a MOHAWK. This guy looked like he should be working the door at CBGB's instead of on a basketball court. He's probably the only referee that would allow "slam-dancing" in the lane. I don't know which district/region he works but he's become my favorite ref. Oi!
If it’s the same one we’ve had him a couple times and he REALLY lets them play! No blood no foul!

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
I'm surprised they never pressed either bc albemarle gave robbinsville fits pressing on Tuesday. I haven't watched y'all play all year but tonight it appeared stop number 5 and you can win.
I'm very surprised we didn't press either. It's worked well for us all season. Coaching staff must've saw something they didn't like. I don't know....

Reactions: thekidd12
I expected a better game number 4 for robbinsville will definitely be missed next year.

Reactions: BlackCat93
Have you seen both teams play
Don’t get upset. Just an impartial observation made in the moment I’m assuming. We will all find out next week. Basketball is really about how teams matchup. Sometimes the result of a game surprises everyone.

Don’t get upset. Just an impartial observation made in the moment I’m assuming. We will all find out next week. Basketball is really about how teams matchup. Sometimes the result of a game surprises everyone.
No have nothing to do with either team and have only seen one team play one game. What is the difference in the turn around in ER from last year? I agree about matchups.

Last edited:
No have nothing to do with either team and have only seen one team play one game. What is the difference in the turn around in ER from last year? I agree about matchups.
Truthfully in ER case I believe it’s coaching philosophy. Coach Thomas has instilled a pedal to the metal philosophy which fits the personnel he is working with. Also Timmy Brower had an ACL injury and didn’t play at all freshman season. Boys are also held accountable both on and off the court and are carrying themselves like young men in both scenarios. Hopefully ER becomes a program instead of a flash in the pan team as a result.

Brower was impressive yesterday. He appeared to be the best player on ER imo.
I thought he was the best player on the court yesterday. I don’t know if he missed a shot. Our depth hurt us more than anything yesterday imo. We played the majority of the game with our best shooter in foul trouble and that can’t happen against a team like ER.

Truthfully in ER case I believe it’s coaching philosophy. Coach Thomas has instilled a pedal to the metal philosophy which fits the personnel he is working with. Also Timmy Brower had an ACL injury and didn’t play at all freshman season. Boys are also held accountable both on and off the court and are carrying themselves like young men in both scenarios. Hopefully ER becomes a program instead of a flash in the pan team as a result.
Honestly, I think Brower's injury was a huge blessing in disguise. ER would've won more games had they had him. Had ER been more successful, I don't know if Thomas would've considered coaching them (or if we would've considered him).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT