ADVERTISEMENT

Walkertown @ West Montgomery

I would take that half way with a grain of salt with who Walkertown has played. Their non conference schedule was with the likes of West Forsyth, ect. So a little misleading. I still think WM rolls by three TDs Friday night. Warriors will remember the scare from a year ago.

If you look at their conference games which are consistent (they played much tougher non-conference games this year), their offense appears better and their defense not quite as good. Since our defense is much better and the offense appears equal this year, I think it makes an interesting match-up. They busted us in the mouth first half last year and we came storming back. We'll see how it goes this year. It would appear to play into our strengths, but with teenagers, you never know. I'm going to say WM -35 Walkertown - 14. I think we are better than last year and we were one play away somewhere in that Starmount game from playing for a championship after having a 21-10 halftime lead. That's also worth a plug nickel this year.

Reactions: Buzzard15
Walkertown obviously has been dubbed as this board's favorite to win Friday night. I hope the real WM team shows up and plays the best they can. Good luck to both teams Friday night. Win or lose this has been a great season. Walkertown comes in with substantially more numbers, more athletes and a seasoned group of veteran players. Sounds like they have a solid coaching staff now. WM should hope to keep it close since they've not played anyone or been tested this year. I'm done with this until after the game. Go Warriors!

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
Well... I've been accused of that a time or two. I think when West is firing on all cylinders they are going to be a tough out. Even if some of those smoking offenses from the mountains make it down this way!!

WM has got to play whoever is on front of them! Worry about 1 game at a time. Whoever makes it next week, line up and hit them in the mouth. Whatever happens happens. "IF" Eddins has been holding back then now is the time to shift gears and hammer down!! The statement needs to be made and a message sent to whoever we play next week, if we make it ofcourse.

Reactions: WARRIOR_PRIDE2005
WM has got to play whoever is on front of them! Worry about 1 game at a time. Whoever makes it next week, line up and hit them in the mouth. Whatever happens happens. "IF" Eddins has been holding back then now is the time to shift gears and hammer down!! The statement needs to be made and a message sent to whoever we play next week, if we make it ofcourse.
All the talk about holding back and not showing all your cards is likely happening with most top teams.

Reactions: ES_Cards
Rain tonight and tomorrow. Clearing up tomorrow afternoon. Clear and chilly in the 40's by Friday night. Weather should not be an issue.

Some basic information heading into the game:

West Montgomery (12-0) - 520 Points For and 98 Points Against
Walkertown (7-5) - 364 Points For and 257 Points Against

There are No Common Opponents

Team Stats (per game):

WM Rushing - 264
WM Passing - 113
Total Yards - 377

Walkertown Rushing - 224
Walkertown Passing - 128
Total Yards - 352

West Montgomery Key Statistical Leaders:

Jackson Dozier - 73 of 146 Passing (50%) for 1,342 yards w/ 22 TD's and 2 Int's

Jo Leake - 86 Carries for 917 yards (10.7 avg.) and 15 TD's
Fred Lomax - 119 Caries for 933 yards (7.8 avg.) and 13 TD's
Tyreke Christian - 57 Carries for 596 yards (10.5 avg.) and 5 TD's

QJ Edwards - 19 Receptions for 339 yards (17.8 avg.) and 6 TD's
Cameron Moore - 15 Receptions for 301 yards (20.1 avg.) and 6 TD's
Jo Leake - 9 Receptions for 282 yards (31.3 avg.) and 4 TD's
Dakota Lewellen - 13 Receptions for 186 yards (14.3 avg.) and 3 TD's

Walkertown Key Statistical Leaders:

I. McKnight - 107 of 192 Passing (56%) for 1,534 yards w/ 14 TD's and 7 Int's

M. Adams - 231 Carries for 1,628 yards (7.0 avg.) and 23 TD's
T. Dulin - 40 Carries for 285 yards (7.1 avg.) and 3 TD's
I. McKinght - 54 Carries for 224 yards (4.1 avg.) and 3 TD's

T. Simpson - 32 Receptions for 576 yards (18.0 avg.) and 10 TD's
H. McDaniels - 40 Receptions for 601 yards (15.0) and 3 TD's

I put kid's names and stats up (available publicly on MaxPreps) to congratulate them and to glorify God for providing them with such talent. Please do not use this information to speak negatively on any of these kids if you have such an inclination.

Very impressive stats for WM as well as Walkertown. I've seen Walkertown and that RB is a good one. QB is not too shabby either. They have speed that will match up well. I know WM has coaching and athletes but have not seen them this year. Good luck to both teams.

Not looking for a blowout this week. I think these teams matchup very well. The thing that my hurt WM is the inexperience against a quality team. They won't be overconfident or expecting anything other than a great opponent in front of them. I can say one thing about these Warriors, they stay calm cool and collected where as the fans act stupid and try to be know it alls! lol

Reactions: WARRIOR_PRIDE2005
Not looking for a blowout this week. I think these teams matchup very well. The thing that my hurt WM is the inexperience against a quality team. They won't be overconfident or expecting anything other than a great opponent in front of them. I can say one thing about these Warriors, they stay calm cool and collected where as the fans act stupid and try to be know it alls! lol
Ive watched a little tape on Walkertown, they seem to run offensive sets similar to EM, but they run off tackle alot . You cant judge strength from tape watching, but they look strong. With all that being said, I think WM rolls, WM has the best D Ive seen in person in a long time. (1AA level)

Ive watched a little tape on Walkertown, they seem to run offensive sets similar to EM, but they run off tackle alot . You cant judge strength from tape watching, but they look strong. With all that being said, I think WM rolls, WM has the best D Ive seen in person in a long time. (1AA level)
Only allowing 98 points this season says a lot about their Defense. Walkertown has a very strong O-Line but the RB plays MLB too. That's gonna wear on him. But, I'm sure they will be prepared. Hopefully we get the W and we get another shot at EM. I don't think anybody over here was happy about only winning by 20! lol Good Luck to your Eagles!!

We are at the point in the year where defense is supposed to start winning games. We'll see if that holds true and if WM can keep up the defensive pressure. Good luck to you Sweaterfee and EM91. On the picks I picked ES because they are home, but I'm hoping you guys win. I think it will be a great game. Keep us posted.

This time of year just win and advance. Every team that will win the title will have to survivea scare or two.

seems like the only know it all on this post is you, as far as stupid , i dont know you so I will leave it at that.

Ha Ha!!! Buzz you just got a trophy!!!! Not sure where that one came from. Ol' BD is sitting back watching tonight.

East Surry will blow out East Montgomery. So no chance of a West Montgomery and East Montgomery reunioun this year. Real Talk.

Its a messageboard..its playoffs...you and i both reserve the right to forecast in the way we choose. Swain may in fact win. But hey its def no sour grapes here because youre not a puppet or droid and stated what you felt. Thats what this board is for. Junk talk is ok by me.

Whenever I can insert a line from The Outlaw Josey Wales, I am fine. I'm looking for spots to post from Tombstone and Unforgiven but I haven't found them yet this fine morning. I actually picked EW to win in a close one much to the chagrin of my internet buddy from Swain, gal durnit. Best of luck to all. This is what its all about.

True true. To be honest Swain is a totally scary game for me. Weve never even a close game against them. But, honestly East has surpassed a lot of never haves in their history before this year. I definitely cant stop believing now. But when a team has never beaten you it can defintely lead to some psychological roadblock. I hope its just me with this mindset and not the players.

That's why I tend to not pay attention to those prediction services and their fancy algorithms that put way too much emphasis on early season games and take nothing into account other than some power ranking that is only based on scores and win spreads. May the best team win.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
It sure makes for a long week when the other team has no posters or posters who will not post anything, even if it is football related. I don't talk a lot of smack, but I try to post some things throughout the week. This is supposed to be fun, but it is getting boring to be honest. I hope we survive and Swain survives...then we can have some fun at least that week.

I nominate since the NCC is longer in existence at Albemarle that we implement the new No Fun Club (NFC). Now we need some of the old school blue dogs fan on the NFC board - just in case there is ever the need for the No Class Club again. Better safe than sorry.

It sure makes for a long week when the other team has no posters or posters who will not post anything, even if it is football related. I don't talk a lot of smack, but I try to post some things throughout the week. This is supposed to be fun, but it is getting boring to be honest. I hope we survive and Swain survives...then we can have some fun at least that week.
Im kinda like you, I don't down another team. I just state the obvious. Maybe I post too much? Maybe I'm excited for what our little high school team brings to the County. There is a buzz that's normally not here except during Football season! So, if I've offended or over stepped my bounds then from the bottom of my little Buzzard gizzard--- I Don't Care!! If you can't get excited about these playoff games then you need to check your pulse!!

I will give it to you that East Wilkes fans do converse as well. Some of these teams have a ghost town and tumbleweeds for fans. No conversation at all. Walkertown has 800 students and apparently no one to talk about them?

There are a few Wolfpack fans that just don't post. Good luck to the Wolfpack from the East Surry Cardinals

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT