ADVERTISEMENT

Walkertown @ West Montgomery

WARRIOR_PRIDE2005

Oct 12, 2013
Rematch of the 2014 nail biter. What does everyone think? I noticed #7 Rhome tonight. Man that kid is fast............

This might be the best 2nd round match-up in the bracket, or at least the most interesting.

Walkertown is probably not as talented as last year's group but I think they're better organized/coached than in previous seasons. They really put it together the last few weeks of the regular season and they are really battle tested after playing some big time Forsyth County 4A's in non conference play.

Had the Pack been allowed to play a more typical 1A non conference schedule, this game wouldn't be happening this early in the playoffs.

After tonight,I think if WM played WRH for champions hip WM wins by 10 pts. Just my opinion.

I think my warriors will be ready but have to put together a complete game in this one. Walkertown is a very good team and we better hold the pedal to the floor.

Walkertown is peaking right now.....

West Montgomery hasn't yet..... That's the good part. I love being 12-0 averaging 40+ points a game, giving up less than 10 and still not seen our best football. Imagine having our full team healthy for the first time all season(hopefully) and putting together a full 4 quarters if the score allows. I don't think this team will be taking any team lightly the rest of the season. If they lose then they lose. I for one think this team is the most focused, determined and battle tested that West Montgomery has fielded. These kids have had more adversity than many on this board know and have persevered through each challenge as a team and became stronger. Please doubt this team. Question the penalties and the "undisciplined" play, lack of depth on the offense, play calling, etc.............. They will play the game and leave it on the field. You can't get to Winston unless you win. That's the plan.

Walkertown will be ready. Can't wait. Speaking of a SC lets just take it one game at a time folks. I've been under some scrutiny for criticizing WM. But I call it like I see it. Doesn't mean I'm not a fan I'm just realistic. Yes WC had issues but I still like what I seen. Go Warriors....

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
This is one of the few times you have to agree with BD! WM has not played up to their potential yet! I can't wait to see them truly go off on a team and score as much as they can! Maybe this week?

Reactions: WARRIOR_PRIDE2005
It seems funny to me that those "Holding" penalties WM usually gets flagged for were nonexistent last week. I'm glad the Playoff Refs are not the regular yahoo's you normally have to deal with! Nobody wins when a Ref thinks his job is to keep the score down.

It seems funny to me that those "Holding" penalties WM usually gets flagged for were nonexistent last week. I'm glad the Playoff Refs are not the regular yahoo's you normally have to deal with! Nobody wins when a Ref thinks his job is to keep the score down.

I was going to say that too but I didn't want to jinx us. We had a "normal" level of penalties like all teams do and even had a TD called back, but nothing like we see sometimes with a holding call every other play. I'd take that crew from last Friday night any day.

Reactions: Buzzard15
Or a good pancake block being
I was going to say that too but I didn't want to jinx us. We had a "normal" level of penalties like all teams do and even had a TD called back, but nothing like we see sometimes with a holding call every other play. I'd take that crew from last Friday night any day.
Or a pancake block being called for holding? Complete bs its football let these kids play......

That area takes the quite approach. If you remember last year Starmount fans never said a word! They just came and sneaked that win in on us! Caught us off guard. That won't happen this year! Our guys are more focused than possibly any team fielded by WM in several years!

Buzzard,
You are right. In our area we prefer to do our talking on the field and don't get into the banter on here. Nothing on here has ever won or lost a game. Is it entertaining from time to time? Yes and I for one enjoy reading stuff from people who think they know about other teams out of their area. Good luck to your warriors Friday.

ES Cards, what can you tell us about Walkertown? I saw where they played y'all good for 3 gtrs.

Athletic, well coached, playmakers on both sides of the ball. Very dangerous team.

they are a lot better than last year....skill players are mostly seniors and QB has become a better player all around...if they can keep it close, they have a chance....D front has gotten better....

I know last year they shocked me to say the least I thought they matched up well with us.

This is one of the few times you have to agree with BD! WM has not played up to their potential yet! I can't wait to see them truly go off on a team and score as much as they can! Maybe this week?

Just another notch in the belt for W.Montgomery on the way to the state championship

You have to wonder what is the true potential of WM & why have they not played their best? Injuries, penalties, etc? All excuses!! Every 1A team faces the same issues. No doubt they have a solid team but maybe they're NOT as good as WM fans think? Averaging 40+ points against extremely weak competition is misleading. They haven't played or beaten anyone that would be considered a good team this year. EM & T'ville all have power ratings less than 100 and neither of those performances were impressive. Walkertown will be the first true test & will expose the level of underachievement WM as displayed this entire season. It's time for them to "put up or shut up!"

I've seen all 4 top seeds from the East & they are way better than WM. They are all just as well coached & more athletic. Plus, they are battle tested. Won't matter though, Walkertown rolls in & pulls the "upset" this week. If not, East Surry will beat WM soundly the following week.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
If losing to inferior competition like some of those teams have done is battle tested then yes WM is not battle tested. All teams have their flaws. WM's flaw has been a lack of focus because of the lack of competition. We'll have to see if that hurts us. At some point that will be what beats us, a belief we are so much better than the competition. That beat us last year. It don't make a darn what we believe. It's the belief in the locker room that counts. I would put up or shut up but I don't suit up.

Reactions: Buzzard15
You have to wonder what is the true potential of WM & why have they not played their best? Injuries, penalties, etc? All excuses!! Every 1A team faces the same issues. No doubt they have a solid team but maybe they're NOT as good as WM fans think? Averaging 40+ points against extremely weak competition is misleading. They haven't played or beaten anyone that would be considered a good team this year. EM & T'ville all have power ratings less than 100 and neither of those performances were impressive. Walkertown will be the first true test & will expose the level of underachievement WM as displayed this entire season. It's time for them to "put up or shut up!"

I've seen all 4 top seeds from the East & they are way better than WM. They are all just as well coached & more athletic. Plus, they are battle tested. Won't matter though, Walkertown rolls in & pulls the "upset" this week. If not, East Surry will beat WM soundly the following week.
IMO W Mont was better than both Walkertown and Starmount last year; however, those were 2 well coached teams. Both teams were determined to keep the ball in Dozier's hands and not let those speedy backs beat them, and it worked.

I think they are better than us WM think! Eddins calls off the warhounds when the score gets out of reach. They also have plays that they practice but have never used, that way there's no film on it. Eddins is smart and this is the most all around complete team WM has fielded in several years. But, you are correct in saying Walkertown will be a test, but I'm confident in these Warriors pulling out the W!

If losing to inferior competition like some of those teams have done is battle tested then yes WM is not battle tested. All teams have their flaws. WM's flaw has been a lack of focus because of the lack of competition. We'll have to see if that hurts us. At some point that will be what beats us, a belief we are so much better than the competition. That beat us last year. It don't make a darn what we believe. It's the belief in the locker room that counts. I would put up or shut up but I don't suit up.

Your absolutely right Foot. When I expected WM to go all the way, a team like Starmount comes down and beats them. Not because they were more athletic, but because of good coaching and discipline play. I'll you, in our run ALB never lost focus, and the one time they did, they were down 30 to 7 against West Davidson that could have ruined a perfect season; that was they last time I can remember ALB losing focus with the type of talent they had and you guys have that caliber talent here in the West. I wish you guys the best, you guys are good fans.....well some of you.....

Now the East is a different beast.

If losing to inferior competition like some of those teams have done is battle tested then yes WM is not battle tested.

What losses to inferior teams are you referring too? True that JK did lose to Rosewood on a long field goal as time expired but Rosewood would most likely finish 2nd or 3rd in the YVC. Classic example of the "perfect storm" & "on any given night!"

Starmount's defensive coordinator from last year Josh Pardue is the head coach at Walkertown. He was a member of our 1998 state champion team. He is going to be special coach.

Good luck to both squads!!

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
What losses to inferior teams are you referring too? True that JK did lose to Rosewood on a long field goal as time expired but Rosewood would most likely finish 2nd or 3rd in the YVC. Classic example of the "perfect storm" & "on any given night!"

And I'm hoping on any given night, we will show up in full force. We will see this Friday night. If our guys can't get excited about this game, we have no chance in the coming weeks against who we would face anyway. We might as well just go ahead and lose and save the stress if we aren't focused by this time in the year. This game is a measuring stick in more ways than one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT