ADVERTISEMENT

Walkertown @ West Montgomery

I never seen a weakness in West Montgomery all year. Their weakness was falling apart close to the end of the game. This West Montgomery Team is as good as any of Them in 1@@

Yep, that just about sums it up. That was a pretty big egg we laid in the 2nd half. The opportunities were there. Walkertown took advantage of theirs and we didn't. Should be a good game with East Surry.

Blue Print, will you be on here when Mitchell takes care of you? I said all along this was going to be a tough game. I know I took it serious but I don't get a helmet. We play in the YVC, I've never said other conferences were weak. Yes, I think WM is the best. I still do. If I didn't what type of fanatic would I be? We will look back at this one and know we blew it, with a very talented senior class. Again.

Yes knine, this is the same defense that shut down the same East Montgomery that put up 35 on East Surry. We just didn't have it tonight. It happens. Congratulations to Walkertown. And they could have scored again if they wanted to. They lost their NCC franchise when they took a knee.

PS - Everybody remember that I was the one here taking it on the chin for the team. Go Warriors! but we will have to wait for 2016....as will everybody else, but the 1 standing in the end. And that 1 is still probably east of I-95.

Reactions: Sweaterfee
I've been saying this all along, fellow Yadkin Valley pals: Yadkin Valley = weak competition= one team rolling through conference = false sense of superiority = early playoff blowout wins = painful, bone-crushing crash back to reality.

As much as I'd like to see West or East or any Yadkin team bring home the title, it just ain't gonna happen blowing out Chatham (we have more people on the team than in our school) Central, South (next coach up) Davidson, Al (be danged our school may be closing) marle, Charter School #1 (of many to come) Union Academy, North (strong showing for 3-4 years then gone for 10) Moore, North (we had two good years in a row so we are a tradition to deal with) Stanly, South Stanly (Rebels, no..bulls...no....Rebel Bulls....no...bunch of Bull) and at the top West (we are the world, we are the champi.......uh, cue the crickets chirping in a background of silence due to another playoff pasting) Montgomery.

What does the future hold?? Not much for realignment--at the moment. With the explosion of charter schools and their ability to pass themselves off as "college prep school" when, in reality, they are public schools that are not required by law to provide breakfast, lunch, or bus service to the students, teachers and administrators who are not required to be highly certified, and now, with the latest legislation, will NOT be required to meet the same testing/proficient standards of traditional public schools. I'll bet you also didn't notice that each of these charter schools has its own school board and superintendent, did you? And that superintendent's pay (in addition to the county's superintendent) starts at the state rate at over 100K.....(Stanly County, now you know why the money's getting tight for the traditional schools?). These charters are killing the traditional schools, are public schools, play by different rules, and are judged by different standards......BUT....your (and my) tax dollars support them!

So what do we do? East is going 2A, North (some years we kick your but, but most we hide in the shadows) Rowan may pop up, but that's about it. I don't know how much longer West Montgomery can hang on at the top before a smartly placed "Mount Gilead Charter" sweeps in and relegates the Warriors to "leftover" status, as in the case of so many other traditional schools. Consolidation? Not the answer. I feel for you Stanly County buddies. Fight consolidation like the plague; it will DESTROY your identities, increase discipline issues at schools, lengthen bus/travel routes to school, and erode community support. I know; I've seen it done in no fewer than 11 school consolidations in my 25 years in education.

In short, that crystal ball will see more and more charters, preps, academies, or whatever spin they put on the newest school-paid for by our tax dollars holding their "recruitment periods" and grabbing the best athletes with promises of free rides to Harvard, Princeton, Yale.....or Alabama. Hence, conferences will see the charters take over titles at their levels and the state as well.

My hat off to West and East Montgomery, North Moore and Stanly, for your playoff representations. Yet, the exits were painful reminders of a conference with internal issues.

Both hats off for Mitchell County and East Wilkes, newcomers on the rise at this point in the season. Hear's hoping for a new face at the top of the ladder come December.

Oh, one last tidbit about the rising charters......... they wan't tell you charter schools are still academically outperformed by the traditional--year in , year out.

I've been saying this all along, fellow Yadkin Valley pals: Yadkin Valley = weak competition= one team rolling through conference = false sense of superiority = early playoff blowout wins = painful, bone-crushing crash back to reality.

As much as I'd like to see West or East or any Yadkin team bring home the title, it just ain't gonna happen blowing out Chatham (we have more people on the team than in our school) Central, South (next coach up) Davidson, Al (be danged our school may be closing) marle, Charter School #1 (of many to come) Union Academy, North (strong showing for 3-4 years then gone for 10) Moore, North (we had two good years in a row so we are a tradition to deal with) Stanly, South Stanly (Rebels, no..bulls...no....Rebel Bulls....no...bunch of Bull) and at the top West (we are the world, we are the champi.......uh, cue the crickets chirping in a background of silence due to another playoff pasting) Montgomery.

What does the future hold?? Not much for realignment--at the moment. With the explosion of charter schools and their ability to pass themselves off as "college prep school" when, in reality, they are public schools that are not required by law to provide breakfast, lunch, or bus service to the students, teachers and administrators who are not required to be highly certified, and now, with the latest legislation, will NOT be required to meet the same testing/proficient standards of traditional public schools. I'll bet you also didn't notice that each of these charter schools has its own school board and superintendent, did you? And that superintendent's pay (in addition to the county's superintendent) starts at the state rate at over 100K.....(Stanly County, now you know why the money's getting tight for the traditional schools?). These charters are killing the traditional schools, are public schools, play by different rules, and are judged by different standards......BUT....your (and my) tax dollars support them!

So what do we do? East is going 2A, North (some years we kick your but, but most we hide in the shadows) Rowan may pop up, but that's about it. I don't know how much longer West Montgomery can hang on at the top before a smartly placed "Mount Gilead Charter" sweeps in and relegates the Warriors to "leftover" status, as in the case of so many other traditional schools. Consolidation? Not the answer. I feel for you Stanly County buddies. Fight consolidation like the plague; it will DESTROY your identities, increase discipline issues at schools, lengthen bus/travel routes to school, and erode community support. I know; I've seen it done in no fewer than 11 school consolidations in my 25 years in education.

In short, that crystal ball will see more and more charters, preps, academies, or whatever spin they put on the newest school-paid for by our tax dollars holding their "recruitment periods" and grabbing the best athletes with promises of free rides to Harvard, Princeton, Yale.....or Alabama. Hence, conferences will see the charters take over titles at their levels and the state as well.

My hat off to West and East Montgomery, North Moore and Stanly, for your playoff representations. Yet, the exits were painful reminders of a conference with internal issues.

Both hats off for Mitchell County and East Wilkes, newcomers on the rise at this point in the season. Hear's hoping for a new face at the top of the ladder come December.

Oh, one last tidbit about the rising charters......... they wan't tell you charter schools are still academically outperformed by the traditional--year in , year out.
THIS +10000000000000000000000000000

Did WM lose anybody from last years team? I was thinking you guys didn't have a senior on last years team.

We lost only 4 from last year. We will lose 18 this year. All the stars were aligned, until last night. That was one brutal 4th quarter. We had no answer. We've played on the edge all year taking quarters off, knowing that big play or run was going to come. And it did last night on multiple occasions, but Walkertown answered every bell and we couldn't keep up in the end. And we run out of whatever it was that we really needed in the end. To get to what I think you are asking, we were more talented this year but much more inconsistent and we paid for it in ugly fashion.

Reactions: Buzzard15
PS - Everybody remember that I was the one here taking it on the chin for the team. Go Warriors! but we will have to wait for 2016....as will everybody else, but the 1 standing in the end. And that 1 is still probably east of I-95.
Gotcha on that Fanatic. Don't see BD on here making excuses or offering lame compliments to the victors. Noticed he said he was going off board until after the game. Wonder where he went?

We lost only 4 from last year. We will lose 18 this year. All the stars were aligned, until last night. That was one brutal 4th quarter. We had no answer. We've played on the edge all year taking quarters off, knowing that big play or run was going to come. And it did last night on multiple occasions, but Walkertown answered every bell and we couldn't keep up in the end. And we run out of whatever it was that we really needed in the end. To get to what I think you are asking, we were more talented this year but much more inconsistent and we paid for it in ugly fashion.
BTW, congrats to he boys who put together a great year. Coach E is a class act.

Next year is going to be a rebuilding for sure, hope Eddins sticks around, out of the 18 how many are starters?

Wow that's a lot of shoes to fill, I know they losing there best asset the o-line.

Gotcha on that Fanatic. Don't see BD on here making excuses or offering lame compliments to the victors. Noticed he said he was going off board until after the game. Wonder where he went?

I'm right here. And Congratulations to the Walkertown Wolfpack. No excuses. We were beaten by a better team. It will be interesting to see how this bracket plays out. Not sure any team left could match up with what we ran into last night. Just to remind you, 39-16.

I will say this. I know WM posters like to talk and support their team. I think you have been classy in a loss. That is not easy to do. Good luck moving forward.

Wow that's a lot of shoes to fill, I know they losing there best asset the o-line.
Coach Eddins will figure it out. He will have us back in 2016. They will use this disappointment to improve. Now it is time to figure out where to go on the road next week!

I'm right here. And Congratulations to the Walkertown Wolfpack. No excuses. We were beaten by a better team. It will be interesting to see how this bracket plays out. Not sure any team left could match up with what we ran into last night. Just to remind you, 39-16.
You got to give us more than that BD. I mean WM had only gave Up 98 points all year, they gave up 63 last night??? Something had to go wrong. We went toe to toe with the team that beat them and let it slip out of our hands. Surely walkertown walks all over ES next week considering how inferior EM is compared to WM. I was straight up with you on the realignment issue, so really BD what is your true take on the lose last night.

That's true Eddins will have them back, is there any o-lineman,qb moving up that good help out next year.

Of course i will WMFanatic..
But wasnt it you that clowned me and said that i was pissing on the leg in the rain or something like that...then didnt you declare that Swain would proceed to probably beay us anyway. I said that yes they may. Remember that? Well East Wilkes prevailef. So, Mitchell may win as well. But maybe your heart strings will pull you once again the Cardinals way. So yes is the answer to your question. I will be there for them win or lose. I just want you to make up your mind since Swain didnt win..now your claiming Mitchell will...but i do know who doesnt have a chance...and so do you...I will be here eitjer way Lord willing my friend.

Time for eddins to go he just got out coached simple as that.....He's only good for winning conference championships in a weak conference....... PS.. You suck and we don't need you here anymore....

Of course i will WMFanatic..
But wasnt it you that clowned me and said that i was pissing on the leg in the rain or something like that...then didnt you declare that Swain would proceed to probably beay us anyway. I said that yes they may. Remember that? Well East Wilkes prevailef. So, Mitchell may win as well. But maybe your heart strings will pull you once again the Cardinals way. So yes is the answer to your question. I will be there for them win or lose. I just want you to make up your mind since Swain didnt win..now your claiming Mitchell will...but i do know who doesnt have a chance...and so do you...I will be here eitjer way Lord willing my friend.
Da Blue print if you take this crap personal, you will end up bitter. I was joking with an Outlaw Jose Wales reference. To quote Highlander, there can be only one. Will that be you? I don't know. But I can tell you we have been pretty good and we've gotten eliminated time and time again. Lighten up and enjoy the ride. Like WM Hater's comment. If you listen to that mess, it makes for a bad taste in the mouth. If you are good enough, I wish you the best. But don't take it personal. You've won the right to feel good for one more week. And next week half the field will be out of it. Best of luck.

Im having super fun..not upset at all...you know a messageboard is all about rhetoric...you guys have been outstanding...but you gotta stop flip floppin my man...lol....we would love your support in Cardinal town...and i still say no sour grapes...but you cant expect to call me out..and then call me bitter when i retort...lol now what kind of mess is that...this is all fun...not ill willed at all...but we do have room for ya up here in good ole Ronda...

Da Blue print if you take this crap personal, you will end up bitter. I was joking with an Outlaw Jose Wales reference. To quote Highlander, there can be only one. Will that be you? I don't know. But I can tell you we have been pretty good and we've gotten eliminated time and time again. Lighten up and enjoy the ride. Like WM Hater's comment. If you listen to that mess, it makes for a bad taste in the mouth. If you are good enough, I wish you the best. But don't take it personal. You've won the right to feel good for one more week. And next week half the field will be out of it. Best of luck.
You can say what you want you and everybody else knows what's going on

It's not flip flopping when I picked you to win. It's posted there in the thread 22-21. I was a little off. That never changed. I was just giving you a hard time based upon your comments.

Hater, we were outplayed. We didn't make the plays when we had them there to be made. It's time to move on.

Best of luck to everyone next week. I'll be pulling for East. But I'm not saying which one! :p

I'm sure he is talking about the player who threw for 25 TD's and 2 Int's. And the one who dropped a dime from 40 yards out to give us a 28-7 lead that was dropped. That young man was was not the issue.

Walkertown is a better team. We are a very good 1AA team. We lose quite a few players but we return one of the best QBs to ever play at WM. Anyone that questions that hasn't been watching WM play. We also return quite a few playmakers as well. OL will need to be rebuilt but we have a program, not a flash in the pan team. Walkertown will be 2AA next realignment and they should do ok. They are almost double our size and should make it to State. West had a few chances but I honestly believe regardless of the drops Walkertown was the better team last night. Can't see anyone beating them if they play like they did last night.

Time for eddins to go he just got out coached simple as that.....He's only good for winning conference championships in a weak conference....... PS.. You suck and we don't need you here anymore....
There's no reason for that! Eddins is the best there is! He can teach and Coach but it's up to the kids to perform! He is one part of a whole Coaching staff! If Eddins Leaves then WM Football is dead! Plain and simple!

That's a strong statement. I think we would suffer but we have established a strong tradition. I am not sure why it's even being discussed. Pretty sad if you ask me and i expected better from you. Very disappointing.

Walkertown is a better team. We are a very good 1AA team. We lose quite a few players but we return one of the best QBs to ever play at WM. Anyone that questions that hasn't been watching WM play. We also return quite a few playmakers as well. OL will need to be rebuilt but we have a program, not a flash in the pan team. Walkertown will be 2AA next realignment and they should do ok. They are almost double our size and should make it to State. West had a few chances but I honestly believe regardless of the drops Walkertown was the better team last night. Can't see anyone beating them if they play like they did last night.
Agreed, anyone who blames any QB for a loss when the opponent scores 63 points should have their posting privileges suspended. I would think that State Championsip caliber 1AA teams should be able to beat the majority of 2AA/A teams. Im still shocked Walkertown put up that many regardless of how many students they have.

Kind of lets ya know how good East Surry is as they have beaten them already.
No doubt East Surry is very good team. I still dont know how a team that "only" put up 21 points on the D I saw EM run up and down the field on last night put up 63 on WM D ( who held EM to 145 total yards). The only answer is, we are talking about 14-18 year old kids where anything can happen on any given night.

Or it could be simplly just familarity. You guys see East Montgomery year end and year out. Do you guys have a psychological advantage over East Montgomery by beating them every year? There is a certain mindset that at times follows a team when they do not have success against a recurring team yearly. It sounds like possibly you guys have East Montgomery's number perhaps.

Or it could be simplly just familarity. You guys see East Montgomery year end and year out. Do you guys have a psychological advantage over East Montgomery by beating them every year? There is a certain mindset that at times follows a team when they do not have success against a recurring team yearly. It sounds like possibly you guys have East Montgomery's number perhaps.
They(WM) definitely have had our(EM) number the past several years, but its a little more than familiarity or lack there of that leads to 63. Maybe the familiarity you speak of helped ES hold walkertown to 21.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT