ADVERTISEMENT

Tuscola: WNCAC

poor ol jumbob...wont admit who he supports and is nothing but a troll!!! pretty pathetic
Just ask "mulekicker14" about me, he has me completely figured out.

I wanted to play high school football, but just wasn't good enough to make the team (I was lazy, horrible memory, worse hygiene, liked to play with Barbies). I was cut from both the marching band AND the flag corps for not being "physical enough". I finally got tired of being bullied by the other members of the chess team and abandoned sports entirely for the world of internet trolling so that I could enhance my sense of self-worth and feel important. Honestly, the only thing I know about football is that NFL balls apparently have to have at least 12.5 psi worth of air in them (or so I have heard for several months on ESPN).

Sigh.... such is life.

I'm not going to antagonize anyone on this topic EVER AGAIN. Like I said, I was goofing around and was in the wrong. Good luck this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: L Boog
Yea, I'm a Tommy Pursley fan and have been for 20 years, so when I see any type of bashing on him, Im there... He is an outstanding Coach and an even better person. Tuscola should be very proud to have him. One thing about coach is that he can take his SYSTEM anywhere and maintain a level of consistency. All it takes is for the kids to buy in (ex- WR be willing to block first) AND get in weight room (he can make a 5'9 180 guy an ALL-COUNTY linemen-seen it happen several times). Just look at NEG's history, speaks for itself, Im even carrying around a little hardware because of coach... I pray the best for Tuscola and look out for them to make some noise this year and years to come.

Reactions: BlueVols
Dang jumbob is on a roll lol. I too was very shocked to see that nb pisgah game that close.

A lot of the times, some show up, wreak havoc, and are never heard from again, it can be fun from time to time, some people just tend to take things way to seriously.
Yeah, but I went well beyond the point of good taste and good judgement. I'll fall on the sword here, I enjoyed hamming it up with some of those guys so much last couple of years that I went too far on this thread trying to goose them into playing again. I don't blame a lot of these folks for being ill at me, they weren't the ones that I've argued with in the past and my posting was out of the blue and inappropriate.

Rereading I realized that I had also slighted Pisgah and North Buncombe, neither of which I intended to mess with and both fine programs on the rise (as is Tuscola).

Eye opener for me, I certainly didn't realize just how negative some of my posts were until later and there was no call for them in the first place. Not going anywhere (been on here for 12 years), but I definitely need to put more thought into what I'm posting and how it will impact people.

Last edited:
Yea, I'm a Tommy Pursley fan and have been for 20 years, so when I see any type of bashing on him, Im there... He is an outstanding Coach and an even better person. Tuscola should be very proud to have him. One thing about coach is that he can take his SYSTEM anywhere and maintain a level of consistency. All it takes is for the kids to buy in (ex- WR be willing to block first) AND get in weight room (he can make a 5'9 180 guy an ALL-COUNTY linemen-seen it happen several times). Just look at NEG's history, speaks for itself, Im even carrying around a little hardware because of coach... I pray the best for Tuscola and look out for them to make some noise this year and years to come.
Yeah, that was the other thing. I have nothing but respect for Pursley and what he has accomplished over the years. No excuse for me being negative about him, he is a proven coach with a deserving reputation of excellence. Again, I went too far in my messing around and will admit that I was completely in the wrong on that score. From every thing I've seen, heard, or read, he is a great coach and even better man.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueVols and L Boog
Dang jumbob is on a roll lol. I too was very shocked to see that nb pisgah game that close.
I dunno why you would be shocked? NB prob throws the ball as much as anyone we will see in the regular season and if the qb had more weapons around him he would be the best qb in the area as far as his arm...he could be anyway and the qb from Pisgah is in his first varsity game...not a good match up for week one for us a few break downs in the secondary and not winning the turnover battle its a wonder we got the W not to mention NB coach prob knows our system better than anyone he was a part of it not long ago they were ready to play on there home field

Yeah, that was the other thing. I have nothing but respect for Pursley and what he has accomplished over the years. No excuse for me being negative about him, he is a proven coach with a deserving reputation of excellence. Again, I went too far in my messing around and will admit that I was completely in the wrong on that score. From every thing I've seen, heard, or read, he is a great coach and even better man.

Jumbob - Come on over to the Freedom boards, we'll take you. It's where you really
want to be..... All joking aside, most of what we all say on here means nothing. Just
having a little fun and no one should take it too serious.

Pisgah was just bigger and stronger than NB. Even then NB had a chance. They also started making mistakes late, had several penalties on defense, on Pisgah's last drive. That backfield is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Reactions: Proudbeardad
White boys winning state titles every year in the SMC.

As long as you blame it on that you guys will never win.

I have a lot of respect for the SMC and what they have done, but there is no comparison to what we face at the 2A level and up. With the exception of just a few teams there is really no competition east of Asheville in 1A. Once you get to the 3A level there are tons of great teams down east. Just look at how many there are around Charlotte alone.

Well I'm sticking to it. You gave up 320 yds of rushing to Patton. They just kept turning it over. I think you will score but I believe we will too. I think it will be a good game. Hope we come out on top. We need this win pretty bad because it's not happening next week. We face ACR and we got no chance in that one.

Difference in the game right now is our first possession fumble. Gave them the short field. They cashed in. Since we have matched each other.

Dang we were close to tie in the score at 21 at the 20 and fumbled and the returned it for a touchdown with 40 seconds left first half.

Turnovers doom the horses. Tuscola pretty good football team as well. 49-27 final. 4 turnovers for Owen 1 for Tuscola. Yards would have to be pretty even. Maybe even a slight edge possibly for us maybe. We have to drive 80 every time because the tuscola kicker is impressive. We had one 95 yard drive after the 1 turnover for Tuscola.

good game mountaineers!!!! owen 98, good luck to you guys the rest of the way!!

Thanks you too. I think we have a better team than that score would indicate. Game was closer than that most of the way. Heck it 35-27 until those last 2 scores. Should have been tied at half.

Turnovers killed ya'. You actually outrushed us. Our pass defense needs serious work.

According to the stats I got. Tuscola had 409 rush and 14 pass. Owen had 247 pass 221 rush.

I got mine from the coachs. Why would you say it was fuzzy? That's about where I would have guessed it before I got the actual figures.

WWNC claimed you out rushed us. By your own figures, that was incorrect. I'd say being @190 yards wrong is pretty fuzzy.

Not trying to argue with you.

Ok. I didn't know what you were talking about.
The stats I got in the press box were:Tuscola 393 yards on 34 attempts rushing Owen 46/230 Owen had 272 yards passing 32 attempts/ 17 completions. THS only completed one pass for about 17 yards in three attempts. They should be reasonably accurate.

Where is all the tuscola posters? Are y'all in shock because they're 2-0? I sure am.

Where is all the tuscola posters? Are y'all in shock because they're 2-0? I sure am.

Lot of them showing up elsewhere now, and it's not a shock, things like this start to happen when you hire one of the better coaches in the state.

I'd say the Mountaineers should be undefeated at least up until 10/16/15. All bets are off the table in that one, but I just think they are better than their competition up until that point if they stay focused and without injuries.

Pisgah, West, and Franklin are all quality teams and I could see each of those games as going either way.

I'd say the Mountaineers should be undefeated at least up until 10/16/15. All bets are off the table in that one, but I just think they are better than their competition up until that point if they stay focused and without injuries.

Pisgah, West, and Franklin are all quality teams and I could see each of those games as going either way.

I agree

McDowell will give the Mountie fans a little better measuring stick this week. The conference s looking to be a toss up so far this season for sure. Crazy to see North and West 2-0. Smoky Mtn throwed in the mix too. Heard tuscloa may have lost a key lineman already this season? Just hope someone knocks of Franklin this year for the championship.

After the 7 v 7, I would have told you that Smoky would be awful. A lot has changed over there since June including some tragedy. Losing by one to the Black Knights and shutting out Swain shows me they believe in themselves in Sylva.

West was coming on last year. Franklin, I would have thought they lost a bunch to graduation but apparently the machine is still rolling over the Cowee.

There is a chance Tuscola may be undefeated or 1 loss come 10-16 but who really knows. Swain will play hard and that game has been tough. Owen fought back well and made a game out of it when it look liked the Mountaineers were going to mash the gas all the way down. I thought Brevard might be better from earlier reports. North may be a little better than thought after beating TC but we handled TC in the scrimmage ok too.

Got to hope the injury bug stays away, there has been one semi-serious one on the o-line but there is some depth there. Turnovers have been held to a minimum. The full back has been grinding out the yardage and there are two slashers at the half back positions. The QB has shown the ability to run well too. Lots of weapons in the backfield.

Pass defense appears to be the bugaboo right now. Need to get that solved.

McDowell will give the Mountie fans a little better measuring stick this week. The conference s looking to be a toss up so far this season for sure. Crazy to see North and West 2-0. Smoky Mtn throwed in the mix too. Heard tuscloa may have lost a key lineman already this season? Just hope someone knocks of Franklin this year for the championship.
Turned out to be a sprain, out 2-3 weeks. Senior captain. He'll fight back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT