ADVERTISEMENT

Top players in 1A history

TC is a great dude too. Tough as nails. Cant remember if it was his junior or senior year but he played much of the football season with a broken rib (or ribs) and still probably carried it 30+ times a game. I think it was the Cubs that drafted him.

For a couple of years in baseball 2/3 of Murphys outfield were Ricky and TC...imagine that..lol
Yeah Tony was drafted by the Cubs in spring of '81, I've heard baseball was Ricky's best sport too. I know Ricky went to WCU in football and was in contention for starting position at WR as a true freshman but I guess some stuff happened.

Before my time but the '78 Murphy football team with Ricky as a senior, Tony as a sophomore, etc. has been said by all the Murphy old timers to be one of Murphy's most talented ever and should've won state from purely a talent standpoint.

Yeah Tony was drafted by the Cubs in spring of '81, I've heard baseball was Ricky's best sport too. I know Ricky went to WCU in football and was in contention for starting position at WR as a true freshman but I guess some stuff happened.

Before my time but the '78 Murphy football team with Ricky as a senior, Tony as a sophomore, etc. has been said by all the Murphy old timers to be one of Murphy's most talented ever and should've won state from purely a talent standpoint.
You're right that 78 team was loaded. No disrespect to the coaching staff at that time but Gentry would have easily won state with that bunch imho.

And I'm a little sensitive about being an "old-timer"..lol...just kidding of course

• Haha
Reactions: mbdfan
TC is a great dude too. Tough as nails. Cant remember if it was his junior or senior year but he played much of the football season with a broken rib (or ribs) and still probably carried it 30+ times a game. I think it was the Cubs that drafted him.

For a couple of years in baseball 2/3 of Murphys outfield were Ricky and TC...imagine that..lol

I was playing 3rd base against him in softball 1 year and he smoked a 1 hopper to me and talked the whole way down the line telling me I wouldnt throw him out..he was right..lol
Yep another good one. I haven’t seen him in 10 years I guess

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT