ADVERTISEMENT

Thomasville vs ER

#1 is running well and #2 has this weekend and a few days to heal up and get better. If he goes down then #12 can make plays and is an explosive runner himself. Bulldog defense will have to hold ER down and make some big plays and create turnovers. This one will be a great ballgame between two very good teams with great coaching staffs.

Oh my. What in the world will happen to a thread where both fan bases talk with respect towards each other? How can they go an entire week just discussing their opponents strengths without hurling insults at each other? Shouldn’t at least one side boast about what’s going to happen when their teenagers wipe the field with the other group?
Hopefully doesn’t happen and from what I’ve read in the past won’t.
I posted this because Tarboro thread was on the top.
Really?
They just talk amongst themselves usually discussing when running clock will start 😂

Oh my. What in the world will happen to a thread where both fan bases talk with respect towards each other? How can they go an entire week just discussing their opponents strengths without hurling insults at each other? Shouldn’t at least one side boast about what’s going to happen when their teenagers wipe the field with the other group?
Hopefully doesn’t happen and from what I’ve read in the past won’t.
I posted this because Tarboro thread was on the top.
Really?
They just talk amongst themselves usually discussing when running clock will start 😂
Don’t worry you know those mt.airy guys will be

Thomasville will be tough but it’s the third round of the playoffs. Wouldn’t want it any other way. Two teams with great tradition from the flatlands at that. Should be a close one. Could go either way. Will have to see if ejection for ER holds up. They’ve got to cut out the extracurricular and mental mistakes as this thing continues. Talented enough to go all the way but have to put together complete games from this point forward. Hope Thomasville can come as healthy as possible and both teams put out their best. At the end of the day it’s teenagers and you never know if the tik tok went viral or the Snapchat blew up and if that game is gonna be the most important thing on their mind any given Friday night or not.

Anyone who has read my posts knows that I don’t hype the Bulldogs. But I don’t sandbag either. With everybody healthy, Thomasville might be somewhat competitive with ER. It would still be tough. With the issues at quarterback, I hope we don’t get embarrassed. In 1A football, a couple of key injuries can decimate a decent team. That’s where we seem to be. Still proud of the Bulldogs this year.

If the Thomasville that played Salisbury shows up then it’s gonna be a great game…but if the Thomasville that played north Rowan shows up then I’m not so sure. I will say that the dogs defense should be the best or second best defense y’all have seen all year. The dogs special teams units are also the best I’ve seen in a while. If the dogs can keep it a tight defensive game then they might have a shot but they can’t survive in a shootout.

If the Thomasville that played Salisbury shows up then it’s gonna be a great game…but if the Thomasville that played north Rowan shows up then I’m not so sure. I will say that the dogs defense should be the best or second best defense y’all have seen all year. The dogs special teams units are also the best I’ve seen in a while. If the dogs can keep it a tight defensive game then they might have a shot but they can’t survive in a shootout.
I agree with most everything you said. Think Eastern Alamance had best defense. Not sure how comparable you guys are compared to orange/blue team which I think is second best ER has faced.
Will be an interesting game of that I am sure.

I’ve said this earlier this season. The offense is very limited and one dimensional when healthy, now both quarterbacks are hurt. 0 threat of throwing the ball effectively or consistently.

It will likely be a long night for the Thomasville offense, unless they add a lot of wrinkles this week, which hasn’t happened all year.

I think if thomasville defense can stop the run we should have a good ball game.
You maybe right. Let me say this after playing ER and watching film, they throw the ball well. They are also able to attack at various levels, deep , midrange and short. Some teams don't have that ability. The one place that I have not seen them have a lot of success is middle of the field, not that they can't, they just don't.

You maybe right. Let me say this after playing ER and watching film, they throw the ball well. They are also able to attack at various levels, deep , midrange and short. Some teams don't have that ability. The one place that I have not seen them have a lot of success is middle of the field, not that they can't, they just don't.
Ok who let people have film???
Cmon now.
Somebody did it…
Better to fess up now…😂

A rematch of the 1983 State Championship game. ER won with Alan Hooker, Hendon's father, owning the night.

Back then, games were played at one of the schools. This one was at ER.
Like I said in the ER-Hayesville thread, it’s crazy that Tville and ER are 45 minutes apart, have great tradition, but have only played 1 time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT