ADVERTISEMENT

They said we couldn’t do it....

TD Pass2

Nov 25, 2016
This time last season, ED fans far and wide hung over their heads over a last minute defeat in the Eastern Championship. A title that has been elusive to the program, much less a state title.

After the Wallace game, the excuse was...this is a down year for the Bulldogs. ED isn’t that good.

When the brackets were released, many said the West would take over the East bracket because the #1 seed was “good but not great”.

Naysayers picked Randleman to beat us last week due to their passing game. We gave them a L.

Because of the close game with Randleman, many chose ND to win tonight. I even saw a local paper predicting them to win by 10. We gave them a L.

We now have the Eastern Championship monkey off our back after tonight, but the boys still want more.

I saw a lot of heart and “never give up” attitude on that field tonight dressed in blue and white.

All I can hope is that my Panthers can keep proving the naysayers wrong and finish what they started. Go ED!

Good greif you guys just won the schools first ever eastern championship. And you still got WRH on the brain. That game was 3 months ago. Go celebrate this win and put your attentions on a good Hibritton team that just beat the man in Shelby. Don't try and say it was you against the world and you weren't picked by anyone to win this game. You guys went out and won because you were supposed to. Leave it at that. WRH has forgotten all about that loss. Bigger fish to fry. Good luck next week all of us here in Bulldog land are pulling for the Panthers.

Good greif you guys just won the schools first ever eastern championship. And you still got WRH on the brain. That game was 3 months ago. Go celebrate this win and put your attentions on a good Hibritton team that just beat the man in Shelby. Don't try and say it was you against the world and you weren't picked by anyone to win this game. You guys went out and won because you were supposed to. Leave it at that. WRH has forgotten all about that loss. Bigger fish to fry. Good luck next week all of us here in Bulldog land are pulling for the Panthers.
if you read the first post carefully you will see that TDpass2 was not focusing on WRH with his original post. he was giving a general summary of our season and WRH happened to be one of the teams we beat! the post was in no way focused on WRH! dont flatter yourself! and by the way! congrats to your Dogs on a great win tonight!

96 this is not ya typical wrh team anymore that passing game is lethal .did u watch the blitz that qb for wallace threw for 155 tonight 3 tds

96 this is not ya typical wrh team anymore that passing game is lethal .did u watch the blitz that qb for wallace threw for 155 tonight 3 tds
yeah i watched it. i have to agree with you. the Dogs are playing lights out right now. i think the WRH/Reidsville matchup will be a war! i wont be surprised at all if you guys win! Duplin County is representing this year!

Reactions: blackbulldog
I'm on here because I havent seen the first WRH poster say "it was a down year for the Dogs" and that's an excuse why y'all beat us. Y'all flat out out played us. That's just making crap up to make it look like it was ED against the world. Almost every WRH poster up here on these boards was pulling for y'all, except for maybe one or two but that's all and you know it.

That game is over ED beat wrh that night they were the better team and we were a little superinflated after beating havelock and NSJ....And that lost resulted from that factor ...now we going to play for another ring ED going to get their first , most of all Duplin County Schools are getting ready to make HISTORY 3 school, 3 champions , Yes Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes

Reactions: 96panther
I'm on here because I havent seen the first WRH poster say "it was a down year for the Dogs" and that's an excuse why y'all beat us. Y'all flat out out played us. That's just making crap up to make it look like it was ED against the world. Almost every WRH poster up here on these boards was pulling for y'all, except for maybe one or two but that's all and you know it.
i know youre referring to the OP, but in all honesty i dont think many WRH fans were really pulling for us! i think a lot of you were just saying that trying to look classy while really hoping we lost the whole time! i might be wrong but thats what i think!

Reactions: dogs79
Yea they were battle hs close ties to wrh he went there and played there so alot of the people in wallace were rooting for him simply because hes a holley and he made his own way.wrh was pulling for yall all the way..

Yea they were battle hs close ties to wrh he went there and played there so alot of the people in wallace were rooting for him simply because hes a holley and he made his own way.wrh was pulling for yall all the way..
i know all of that, but despite Battle being at ED a lot of WRH fans love nothing more than to ride ED all the time about having not won any "ships". not all WRH fans blackbulldog but a lot. i should know! i work with a lot of them and hear it every day!

i know all of that, but despite Battle being at ED a lot of WRH fans love nothing more than to ride ED all the time about having not won any "ships". not all WRH fans blackbulldog but a lot. i should know! i work with a lot of them and hear it every day!
Well share your concern with them over a cup of coffee during your morning break.

Jeez....enjoy the ED win tonight and leave anything dealing with WRH off the board. Constantly bringing it up doesnt speak well of you and worse takes the focus away from probably the best ED football win to this poont.

i know youre referring to the OP, but in all honesty i dont think many WRH fans were really pulling for us! i think a lot of you were just saying that trying to look classy while really hoping we lost the whole time! i might be wrong but thats what i think!
No really, all WRH fans I’ve talked to in person are pulling for ED and ND. Heck, I skipped going to Elizabeth City last week and went to the ED/Randleman game. I was yelling and cheering on the Panther right along with the ED fans. This is epic man, we all need to stop the bickering, put the rivalry behind us (for right now) and rally behind each other. I along with many other WRH fans want 3 championships coming to Duplin Co next Sat night.

The biggest thing I’m trying to say in this post is that we overcame a whole bunch of adversity. We finally got the monkey off our back and now we need to finish what we started. The kids are hungry and want this so bad. If they continue to execute, we will be in good shape.

This time last season, ED fans far and wide hung over their heads over a last minute defeat in the Eastern Championship. A title that has been elusive to the program, much less a state title.

After the Wallace game, the excuse was...this is a down year for the Bulldogs. ED isn’t that good.

When the brackets were released, many said the West would take over the East bracket because the #1 seed was “good but not great”.

Naysayers picked Randleman to beat us last week due to their passing game. We gave them a L.

Because of the close game with Randleman, many chose ND to win tonight. I even saw a local paper predicting them to win by 10. We gave them a L.

We now have the Eastern Championship monkey off our back after tonight, but the boys still want more.

I saw a lot of heart and “never give up” attitude on that field tonight dressed in blue and white.

All I can hope is that my Panthers can keep proving the naysayers wrong and finish what they started. Go ED!

TDPass2, 96Panther, ED Panther 99,
Guys, ED beat WRH fair and square....No doubts about it, great game plan by ED.....That game was so crucial to both ED and WRH getting to the State Championship-steel sharpens steel.....Now, heres my 2 cents for ED to win Saturday. ED must throw the ball a few times and complete those passes to open up the run....ED must continue to be ED.. Everyone is talking about Hibriten's defense, I think ED's defense is better-that's gonna shock them....Play hard nosed Duplin Football and you will bring that trophy home....I think there will be 3 trophies coming back to Duplin CO, I will be in the stands cheering for your win Saturday....Finish the job!!!

Well share your concern with them over a cup of coffee during your morning break.

Jeez....enjoy the ED win tonight and leave anything dealing with WRH off the board. Constantly bringing it up doesnt speak well of you and worse takes the focus away from probably the best ED football win to this poont.
last i checked this was a grown man's conversation between an ED fan and a WRH fan! there was no third party involved. yet everytime i turn around you are inserting your nose into a conversation that has nothing to do with you. first off you dont even have a team you call your own! do you think that gives you a "wild card" to place yourself into any and everyone else's conversation? well it doesnt! how about from now on keep your "policing" of these message boards to yourself and let Deanna do her job! youre not a moderator and youre not an arbitrator, nor has anyone asked you to be! Blackbulldog and myself are very capable of having a discussion without you, AKA that nagging voice in my ear, putting your nose in it! so since youre not a WRH fan, this doesnt pertain to you! act like it! thanks in advance!

The biggest thing I’m trying to say in this post is that we overcame a whole bunch of adversity. We finally got the monkey off our back and now we need to finish what we started. The kids are hungry and want this so bad. If they continue to execute, we will be in good shape.
any reasonable poster knows what you meant! no need to explain TDPass2.

Reactions: TD Pass2
Adversity??? What adversity did ED have to endure? Y’all went to the Eastern finals last year and had the majority of your team back. Y’all have a great group of players, a very bright young coach who learned from perhaps the greatest high school there ever was, great fan support as well. OMG such adversity!!! Paaahhhhhlllleeeeaaassse!

Adversity??? What adversity did ED have to endure? Y’all went to the Eastern finals last year and had the majority of your team back. Y’all have a great group of players, a very bright young coach who learned from perhaps the greatest high school there ever was, great fan support as well. OMG such adversity!!! Paaahhhhhlllleeeeaaassse!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

lets all move on please sir.

last i checked this was a grown man's conversation between an ED fan and a WRH fan! there was no third party involved. yet everytime i turn around you are inserting your nose into a conversation that has nothing to do with you. first off you dont even have a team you call your own! do you think that gives you a "wild card" to place yourself into any and everyone else's conversation? well it doesnt! how about from now on keep your "policing" of these message boards to yourself and let Deanna do her job! youre not a moderator and youre not an arbitrator, nor has anyone asked you to be! Blackbulldog and myself are very capable of having a discussion without you, AKA that nagging voice in my ear, putting your nose in it! so since youre not a WRH fan, this doesnt pertain to you! act like it! thanks in advance!
Me having "a team" does not matter in the least. As I have said many times, I know people directly associated with the ED program and they are great guys who really deserve to be going to a state championship game along with the kids. You and your constant "woe is me" routine while also playing the diplomatic side is so old. You were probably just a a guy who never even saw the field unless it was the practice field and there you were just holding a pad so a lineman could pound on you day after day.

You and your posts are an insult to the program when you constantly bring other teams in the discussion. Yes, we know, you dont like WRH,,blah blah blah. Well guess what, WRH doesnt even consider ED their biggest rival. Go talk to someone that can help you with your WRH problem.

Congrats to the ED community, players and coaches on a tremendous season. I will be there supporting you again next weekend!

Me having "a team" does not matter in the least. As I have said many times, I know people directly associated with the ED program and they are great guys who really deserve to be going to a state championship game along with the kids. You and your constant "woe is me" routine while also playing the diplomatic side is so old. You were probably just a a guy who never even saw the field unless it was the practice field and there you were just holding a pad so a lineman could pound on you day after day.

You and your posts are an insult to the program when you constantly bring other teams in the discussion. Yes, we know, you dont like WRH,,blah blah blah. Well guess what, WRH doesnt even consider ED their biggest rival. Go talk to someone that can help you with your WRH problem.

Congrats to the ED community, players and coaches on a tremendous season. I will be there supporting you again next weekend!
me an insult to the program? LOL. well thats your opinion. i know many people who will disagree with you and will gladly go to bat for me any day, anywhere! as they know i would do the same for them. as for you, you are an insult to all neutral fans. your crying is beyond old now! is that diplomatic enough for you? and btw, i started on varsity defense as a sophomore. did you even play?

What crying are you talking about? I just call it like I see it. Come up with new material. If you went up to bat for anyone you would take strike three looking.

As I have pointed out on prior threads, I am just a former coach who also played in high school and college and has probably forgotten more football than you have ever seen. I will admit you are a perennial all-american behind the keyboard.

Again, find some new material or a different style. People are tired of your same old song and dance. Insult to the true ED fans.

What crying are you talking about? I just call it like I see it. .

Well, you're seeing this one wrong my man. 96 isnt an embarrassment to a damn thing. I'm proud to call him a fellow Panther. He's traveled all over this state in support of OUR school and deserves better. You may disagree with him and thats fine. But you, sir, crossed a line.

Reactions: 96panther
Well sir it's a line I would gladly cross again. It is nice to see you guys stick up for one another but I wouldn't expect any less from you two.

In any event....congrats to Panther players, coaches and community.

What crying are you talking about? I just call it like I see it. Come up with new material. If you went up to bat for anyone you would take strike three looking.

As I have pointed out on prior threads, I am just a former coach who also played in high school and college and has probably forgotten more football than you have ever seen. I will admit you are a perennial all-american behind the keyboard.

Again, find some new material or a different style. People are tired of your same old song and dance. Insult to the true ED fans.
whatever man. whatever makes you feel good. and you said i was childish smh. im done with you and your nonsense!

Well, you're seeing this one wrong my man. 96 isnt an embarrassment to a damn thing. I'm proud to call him a fellow Panther. He's traveled all over this state in support of OUR school and deserves better. You may disagree with him and thats fine. But you, sir, crossed a line.
thanks 99! its funny how some people think they are THE authority on who qualifies as being a "true fan". they must feel the need to be relevant!

Reactions: EDPanther99
thanks 99! its funny how some people think they are THE authority on who qualifies as being a "true fan". they must feel the need to be relevant!
Look, I like giving you guys w hard time from time to time(because y'all beat us) but that punch might be a little low

Stupid post by OP. Nobody said that about WRH or East Duplin. I’m fact, everyone pick ED to beat Randleman

Reactions: DogsRunItUp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT