ADVERTISEMENT

strongest new 2a teams

incheswin

Nov 12, 2016
What are your thoughts
I'm not familiar with the western side but two teams that could make a lot of noise in the east imo
Wrh ,not sure if coaching will effect this team but a new coach will not kill it and the support for this team is as good as any ,athletes show up year after year so look for the bulldogs to be in the 2a picture
West craven , I am not really sure what they return from last year but they have been strong in 3a. Havelock is a pretty good measuring stick and they were 1 n1 with them last year.
Would like to hear about the other powers moving up or down

What are your thoughts
I'm not familiar with the western side but two teams that could make a lot of noise in the east imo
Wrh ,not sure if coaching will effect this team but a new coach will not kill it and the support for this team is as good as any ,athletes show up year after year so look for the bulldogs to be in the 2a picture
West craven , I am not really sure what they return from last year but they have been strong in 3a. Havelock is a pretty good measuring stick and they were 1 n1 with them last year.
Would like to hear about the other powers moving up or down

As far as Eastern Teams go if i had to pick a top 4 i would say WRH(2A) Northeastern(2A)East Duplin(2AA) Clinton(2AA)

Not sure how much West Craven returns but agree with a statement above they should be a team to watch in the 2AA east.....12-1 only loss 3rd round playoff to Havelock thats not bad at all

WRH in little 2a is a problem, W Craven in 2aa is a serious problem. South Point is going 2aa? Only a problem if Shelby drops down to 2a, other than that you can pencil one squad or the other in for a SC game every year for awhile. WRH should dominate 2a east for a couple years atleast.

WRH in little 2a is a problem, W Craven in 2aa is a serious problem. South Point is going 2aa? Only a problem if Shelby drops down to 2a, other than that you can pencil one squad or the other in for a SC game every year for awhile. WRH should dominate 2a east for a couple years atleast.

Don't forget North Davidson

2AA South Point, West Craven, North Davidson

Would not be surprised to see WC take 2AA east easily

SP and ND make the 2AA west alot tougher

WRH will be tough but don't forget James Kenan. We will be down this year but should be back in 2018.

I am a SWO fan, but the last couple of years have caught a lot of Duplin County football. I am with you on James Kenan rearing its head again soon, but for now WRH is clicking. Clinton and E Duplin have been going 2aa, and my Southwest Stallions are in year 3 under new coach, I think there record will keep getting better, but weak conference generally does not end well when it comes to playoffs. W. Craven last year was really really good if they have a descent group coming back 2aa east might be theres.

Reactions: DuplinCountyTiger
Not sure how much West Craven returns but agree with a statement above they should be a team to watch in the 2AA east.....12-1 only loss 3rd round playoff to Havelock thats not bad at all

We shouldn't be too bad. Have to prove ourselves at qb. We open at Havelock as they start off the Caleb King era.

2AA South Point, West Craven, North Davidson

Would not be surprised to see WC take 2AA east easily

SP and ND make the 2AA west alot tougher
Chopper you are spot on.
South Point and N.Davidson (West) will both have immediate impact in 2A while W Craven (East) should be the cream of the crop relative to new entries in 2A.

Reactions: Chopper747
What? You think there might be actual completion for Shelby this year if they stay 2AA??

Now that would be a shocker.

Maybe...it would be more exciting to watch than 2A
The only competition they have in 2A would be Reidsville. If they're in 2A it would be more interesting for Reidsville to go east in the playoffs. They have a better chance of preventing a lop sided title game than the real eastern teams.
All this is hypothetical because teams can lose players/coaches due to injuries, penalties, misconduct, politics,etc etc

Reactions: Lion Attack
WRH has to 3a powerhouse Havelock, Clinton, East Duplin, Northside and James Kenan twice. They should be battle tested come playoff time

WRH has to 3a powerhouse Havelock, Clinton, East Duplin, Northside and James Kenan twice. They should be battle tested come playoff time
Yes I expect at minimum the Dogs to make it to the Eastern Finals. More than likely will play in the State Championship.

West 2A I can't think of anyone really on the same level as Shelby or Reidsville. Just my naive opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they should both be 2A. Not sure about 2AA.

West 2A I can't think of anyone really on the same level as Shelby or Reidsville. Just my naive opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they should both be 2A. Not sure about 2AA.
With South Point, North Davidson, Hibriten, etc. moving down to the 2A division, I think Shelby will be definitely back in 2A.

Reactions: beamer24
With South Point, North Davidson, Hibriten, etc. moving down to the 2A division, I think Shelby will be definitely back in 2A.
There are also a lot of schools losing students. Recent news reported 41% of towns in North Carolina are losing population. So there will be schools that were 2AA last year moving down to 2A as well. And we don't know which schools will actually make the playoffs. Speculation is fine but we just won't know who will go where until the season is over.

I'd love to see WRH play Shelby

Two years ago I think WRH could have given them a game, but last year no way. Saw both teams last year and Shelby was on some unreal if you know what I mean, but two years ago WRH was on a high level also. What I saw in Shelby last year any school would have had to bring out there best team of all time to beat those guys last year.

I'd love to see WRH play Shelby

If Reidsville is sent to the east I highly doubt that will happen. Even though they've played several times before I think Reidsville would give Shelby a better challenge than WRH. I can understand the curiosity to see how WRH matches up with Shelby. Based on what I saw on video last year of both teams, that game would be like the Shelby vs Kinston title game.

Two years ago I think WRH could have given them a game, but last year no way. Saw both teams last year and Shelby was on some unreal if you know what I mean, but two years ago WRH was on a high level also. What I saw in Shelby last year any school would have had to bring out there best team of all time to beat those guys last year.

It would have been lopsided 2 years ago. Last year the offense only had ONE dangerous receiver and struggled to find a running game for a while. Two years ago the offense was a scoring machine and no 2A team could run on them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freshman-poster
too bad for UNC that this will be one of their weaker teams in years facing ND.....of course I'm an NC State fan so it's no sweat off of my lower "areas".....lol......

too bad for UNC that this will be one of their weaker teams in years facing ND.....of course I'm an NC State fan so it's no sweat off of my lower "areas".....lol......

How is ND projected to look this year?

I hope both ND and Reidsville go east. Balance things of. ND is going to be scary good

I got the North Davidson and Notre Dame abbreviations mixed up for second in this thread.

So funny how everyone makes a big deal out of Reidsville every year. The east is fine, but honestly Shelby has been just that good for years now. South Pointe and Shelby are playing out of there minds great football, but besides that the east top top teams match up just fine with the rest of the West.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
So funny how everyone makes a big deal out of Reidsville every year. The east is fine, but honestly Shelby has been just that good for years now. South Pointe and Shelby are playing out of there minds great football, but besides that the east top top teams match up just fine with the rest of the West.

Yeah not like Reidsville didn't win states last season

Reactions: superstar57
Yeah not like Reidsville didn't win states last season

2a was just so awful last year, I just was not impressed with Reidsville and generally speaking they are always over hyped. Every year people talk about how they would dominate the east if they are placed out here, and I just don't see them dominating eastern teams it is only my opinion.

2a was just so awful last year, I just was not impressed with Reidsville and generally speaking they are always over hyped. Every year people talk about how they would dominate the east if they are placed out here, and I just don't see them dominating eastern teams it is only my opinion.

It's always an excuse lol. Besides Shelby put our resume vs anyone since the 2000s and we will see overhype.

It's always an excuse lol. Besides Shelby put our resume vs anyone since the 2000s and we will see overhype.

Reidsville has a great history and doesn't need to bow down to anyone, but small 2a was really weak last year, and Reidsville seems like the school every year western north carolina fans want to throw in eastern carolina fans face as they will run through the east if they are placed in the east.

I am definitely taking a chance by asking...lol, but has Reidsville made it to the Championship while being placed in the east? Again I know I am taking a chance with this one, but I really don't no the answer.

Reidsville has a great history and doesn't need to bow down to anyone, but small 2a was really weak last year, and Reidsville seems like the school every year western north carolina fans want to throw in eastern carolina fans face as they will run through the east if they are placed in the east.

I am definitely taking a chance by asking...lol, but has Reidsville made it to the Championship while being placed in the east? Again I know I am taking a chance with this one, but I really don't no the answer.

Yes, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009. Lost on a Hail Mary in the eastern finals in 2011. 2012 3rd round by 4. But those last two that went east weren't the strongest Reidsville teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT