ADVERTISEMENT

strongest new 2a teams

Trust me I am just trying to give Reidsville a hard time I know they are to be respected, I will say that I was not super impressed by anyone in small 2a last year however and sticking to the originally topic the introduction of WRH to small 2a is going to put a lot of teams on notice. They should have at least one more run in them. They are really good!

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Bottom line you still have to have talent.The last four years Shelby has been loaded with skill players which has made this spread so unstoppable.In 2006 Shelby was loaded with talent and ran those buck sweeps and went 16 and 0.

Reactions: beamer24
Shelby should be banned from all football discussions. They are playing at another level. Last year Ninja and myself drove through Shelby on business and I came to a conclusion about why yall are so good at football. There seems to be zero to do around there but play sports. lol

Your crazy. Last time ND visited Chapel Hill they went home with an L.

I didn't predict a win. Just stating what the stands will look like. However it does appear the ewe will have some positions to fill so I think ND will be a favorite going into this.

Shelby should be banned from all football discussions. They are playing at another level. Last year Ninja and myself drove through Shelby on business and I came to a conclusion about why yall are so good at football. There seems to be zero to do around there but play sports. lol

For us Power Linemen they have one of the best stores to shop at in the State! Safety Test.
I've got to make a game there. I have 3 or 4 on my list I want to get too and Shelby is certainly on that list. Scotland is another.

Reactions: superstar57
For us Power Linemen they have one of the best stores to shop at in the State! Safety Test.
I've got to make a game there. I have 3 or 4 on my list I want to get too and Shelby is certainly on that list. Scotland is another.

Slowly I am crossing off my bucket list of high school teams I want to see at there home field (Seen a lot of these teams at state championship games), but Shelby vs S. Pointe is on my list for sure. Time Warner cable now spectrum was doing a great job highlighting great match ups each week, so I got to see there last Shelby vs S Pointe game on tv so that was cool.

Prior to this year (and fortunately not having to face Shelby this year) Reidsville had only won or even reached from the east....they couldn't win from the west. It's been said the only reason they did win the years they did in the 2000s was because the east was such a cakewalk and the west teams were beating each other up and limping into the championship game.

Reactions: Champ_24
Slowly I am crossing off my bucket list of high school teams I want to see at there home field (Seen a lot of these teams at state championship games), but Shelby vs S. Pointe is on my list for sure. Time Warner cable now spectrum was doing a great job highlighting great match ups each week, so I got to see there last Shelby vs S Pointe game on tv so that was cool.

There are two South Point(e)s on our schedule this year.

The game you saw on tv last year was Belmont South Point, the reigning NC 3A state champs whom we defeated 24-0. With the realignment, this year they are in our conference and will be our last opponent of the regular season...Nov. 3rd.

On Sept. 22 we are playing at Rock Hill South PointE. They are the reigning and 3 time defending 4A SC State Champs. Their QB has committed to Clemson.

Reactions: Otis4411
Prior to this year (and fortunately not having to face Shelby this year) Reidsville had only won or even reached from the east....they couldn't win from the west. It's been said the only reason they did win the years they did in the 2000s was because the east was such a cakewalk and the west teams were beating each other up and limping into the championship game.

Reidsville is still top 5 2A in my book. They were really good last year. They were capable of winning the west some of those years even though it is much harder.

The east is just that weak compared to the west. I wish the pkayoffs wasnt seperated in east-west. Put Shelby,SP,ND,Reidsville,Hibriten out east and its a good chance they're going to the eastern finals.

Reactions: beamer24
All bias aside there is some great football played out East...plenty of programs with tons of tradition and have been winning consistently for years great legendary coaches and players have come from this part of the state......anything but weak in my opinion

There are two South Point(e)s on our schedule this year.

The game you saw on tv last year was Belmont South Point, the reigning NC 3A state champs whom we defeated 24-0. With the realignment, this year they are in our conference and will be our last opponent of the regular season...Nov. 3rd.

On Sept. 22 we are playing at Rock Hill South PointE. They are the reigning and 3 time defending 4A SC State Champs. Their QB has committed to Clemson.

I have always been confused about SP. Thanks for the info. I didn't know there were two.

Going into the 4th round game last year against Reidsville a lot of us Lincolnton folks thought they were overrated but boy did they prove us wrong. I do agree that last season small 2a was watered down a bit from years past though

All bias aside there is some great football played out East...plenty of programs with tons of tradition and have been winning consistently for years great legendary coaches and players have come from this part of the state......anything but weak in my opinion
Saw where Skinner got MVP for the East West All Star game. And that the East won. Glad he could represent our area well.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT