ADVERTISEMENT

Polk v Murphy

Mopar forever

Aug 10, 2017
Thoughts ??? I’m not as familiar with the wolverines as past years because my sons are gone but I have watched a few games this year .. Polk has some weapons but the biggest problem they are having is offensive and defensive lines … they were playing good and then in the last few weeks have struggled tremendously with the run… I’m sure thats not going to bode well against Murphy …

Reactions: BK13T-$
Thoughts ??? I’m not as familiar with the wolverines as past years because my sons are gone but I have watched a few games this year .. Polk has some weapons but the biggest problem they are having is offensive and defensive lines … they were playing good and then in the last few weeks have struggled tremendously with the run… I’m sure thats not going to bode well against Murphy …
Murphy has a big line and they have good team speed. #28 will run the ball 28 times a game and usually breaks at least 2 long runs a game. #28 has the best balance of any Rb I’ve seen in this area. You better wrap him up and take him to the ground or he will just plant his hand and keep going. He is also a good receiver. In short stop #28 but no one seems able to do so. He is going to get his yardage

Well this isn't a vintage Murphy team, they don't have the skill talent, QB play, line play or depth of the great Murphy teams. They are pretty one dimensional offensively but that one dimension has gotten them 7 wins. Like Wildcat says as #28 goes, so does Murphy. #28 is a swiss army knife: he's Murphy's best back, reciever and returner. Stalcup probably has the best hands of any RB I've seen at Murphy, if the QB can get it in his area he will come down with it.

Fannin Co and Swain Co are really the only two teams that have kept #28 in check and even against them he still found a way to make some big plays. (His kickoff return against Swain was brought back on a bogus blindside block call and had big ramifications as Swain got the ball back and scored right before half to take the lead. It was a 14 point swing and total momentum shift. I'm not saying Swain wouldn't have ultimately gone on to win but it definitely altered how the game played out.)

So the bottomline is Polk will have to slow down Stalcup to have a shot at a win:

Last edited:
Murphy has the team that can go deep. They have the talent. The only negative thing I see over the last few seasons is occasionally they seem to lay down late in a game if they are behind. Not always but occasionally.

SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE!

Their O line and D line isn't very good? Sounds like the Wolverines are in for a long night of buck and trap!

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid of … they are the smallest line I have ever seen at Polk .. but not gonna lie coach Fry has done a pretty good job with the team… QB is ok RB is quick but small and 2 really good WR’s. Toney #1 was selected for the East/west game he’s a great WR just struggling getting the qb time to grow the ball…
If this team had a line like some of the old wolverines teams they would be very good.

Line play has been the key for polk all year as the line has gone so have the wolverines they are also very young on the defensive side of the ball it's been a learning year under a new coach in truth they have exceeded many expectations as most thought they might only win a couple of games they are extremely talented at the reciever position with a solid qb when he has time to throw the ball #1 is tall and fast with great hands the back has good speed and is shifty no power run game whatsoever but they can hurt you through the air if they can protect long enough and that's a big if, also they have been up and down when they get behind they have completely given up in a few games once they got behind which I've have not liked to see but they fought all night against brevard they were just out matched but they didn't give up

Line play has been the key for polk all year as the line has gone so have the wolverines they are also very young on the defensive side of the ball it's been a learning year under a new coach in truth they have exceeded many expectations as most thought they might only win a couple of games they are extremely talented at the reciever position with a solid qb when he has time to throw the ball #1 is tall and fast with great hands the back has good speed and is shifty no power run game whatsoever but they can hurt you through the air if they can protect long enough and that's a big if, also they have been up and down when they get behind they have completely given up in a few games once they got behind which I've have not liked to see but they fought all night against brevard they were just out matched but they didn't give up
I'm really surprised #1 doesn't have some offers from at least FCS schools. The kid is huge and fast, he is good at WR but he honestly impresses me more on defense, he looks like a very legit college prospect.

Last edited:
A dog I'm not but Mercy me, this is the war zone, high school playoffs, Murphy by 30.

I'm surprised #1 doesn't have some offers from at least WCU level schools. The kid is huge and fast, he is legit at WR but he honestly impresses me more on defense.
He has several small school offers I heard he was visiting wcu over the weekend and Elon has come up in conversation he's definitely a next level player best reciever polk has ever had brevard doubled him all night and he still torched them several times I felt kinda bad for there corner a couple of times he was in great position and Tony just went up and got the ball he just looked at sideline and threw his hands up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT