ADVERTISEMENT

Statesville

Statesville had a good season but no one thought the Statesville/Dudley game was the real championship game….
It ended up being that. After seeing thr title game. Winner of Statesville/Dudley was winning the title

• Haha
Reactions: shutdownD24
It ended up being that. After seeing thr title game. Winner of Statesville/Dudley was winning the title
The winner between Dudley/Kings Mountain would’ve been a better indicator. Statesville loses to either of those teams. The only reason there is an argument for Statesville/Dudley being champ is because South Point upset Crest. Statesville would not have beaten Dudley, Crest, Kings Mountain, nor South Point.

Reactions: shutdownD24
The winner between Dudley/Kings Mountain would’ve been a better indicator. Statesville loses to either of those teams. The only reason there is an argument for Statesville/Dudley being champ is because South Point upset Crest. Statesville would not have beaten Dudley, Crest, Kings Mountain, nor South Point.
The KM/Dudley game was tied at the half with KM leading in yards gained. KM moved the ball well in that first half. 2nd half Dudley comes out with a no huddle offense that gave our young defense problems. Dudley had an explosive 3rd quarter but the play that turned the game securely in Dudley favor was a picked off pass in the Dudley end zone when KM was threatening to score in the 3rd quarter and get back in game. Dudley was the better team and deserved the win but that game was nowhere near as lopsided as the score indicated. Dudley dominated the Statesville game on the field from the jump and the only thing that kept the score close were all the penalties on Dudley. The Dudley/Statesville game outcome was never in doubt. The Dudley/Statesville game was never competitive on the field of play, just the score made the game look competitive. The Hounds look like world beaters against that weak schedule but that haven’t showed anyone that they are ready to run with the big boys in 3A. The argument that Statesville is the 2nd best team in 3A this past season is a bit delusional to those who really know NC high school football. The Hounds weren’t even the second best team in the West let along the whole state. You have the potential to be pretty good but let’s get out of the delusional zone.

Like I said Statesville is a mid tier 3a team - It’s going take a special coach who can come in n get them over the hump - Until they can prove they can atleast beat 1 of top 3A teams u may have more hope - Until they can beat KM, Dudley and etc it’s going to be the same ole story - Statesville conference champs n lose in 2nd-3rd round until they can beat the teams above.

with all the talent statesville has had it’s amazing they have 0 state title n only like what 1 appearance which was in 1990

Haven’t heard about anyone yet about who is after this job. I know back in 2012 Statesville had a special team but lost to Charlotte Catholic in the semifinals. Last season they of course was good. They do have talent.

My Dad, David E. Diamont, had at least one undefeated team while head football coach at Statesville. He coached football, both boys and girls basketball, and baseball. Almost got fired for complaining about the circus animals on the football field during the polio crisis. We lived on North Mulberry Street. I always wanted to coach football at Statesville! I value a picture of my Dad emptying dirt from his WW II boots on that little bridge across the creek going to the football field. Good Luck with your hire!

Gotta be talking about the guy who just resigned at Owen!
Nope, it is probably the guy that was HC at North Iredell in previous years with a overall record of 3-48. He returned to Statesville last year i believe. Hopefully, Statesville want make that hire. What do say Statesville fans if they would make that hire?

• Wow
Reactions: Steelers71
It better not be JK Adkins, Mt Airy Bears most excellent coach. If it is him, I will let the air out of the moving van tires, steal his dog, etc. I have no reason to put mention his name except he is one (Kelly Holder is another) that should be at the top of any schools list of coaches to go after if they want a top notch winning coach with high morals, work effort, and record of success.

Kelly Holder is a great coach, but don't know for sure if his personality would be a match for Statesville kids.

Adkins is from Iredelll where he coached at Mooresville and his 1st HC job was South Iredell.

If I’m not mistaken did’nt Adkins leave South Iredell at the time and then went to Morganton Patton when they 1st open up.

If I’m not mistaken did’nt Adkins leave South Iredell at the time and then went to Morganton Patton when they 1st open up.
Ok I did see on Max Prep that Adkins did coach at Patton during 09/10 season. Just right after he left South Iredell. I remember he did get South Iredell to the 3rd rd of the playoffs that last season he was there I believe.

I question whether a multi school system can pay what a well funded single school can pay.

I think it depends on the county. Wake and Meck probably can pay more than about anyone. Iredell probably struggles to pay what a Mount Airy City does, as do many rural counties. I'd say charter schools will eventually have some of the best coaching pay.

I think it depends on the county. Wake and Meck probably can pay more than about anyone. Iredell probably struggles to pay what a Mount Airy City does, as do many rural counties. I'd say charter schools will eventually have some of the best coaching pay.
I am just basing on a lot of big time coaches leave multiple school systems for single school systems. Especially ones like Mt. Airy that has a well funded booster club.

Here is Statesville football schedule

8/19 vs Carson
8/26 at South Iredell
9/2 at Lake Norman
9/16 at North Lincoln *
9/23 vs East Lincoln *
9/30 at Foard *
10/7 at West Iredell *
10/19 vs North Iredell *
10/21 vs St Stephens *
10/28 at Hickory *
* Conference games