ADVERTISEMENT

Western Athletic Conference

Champ_24

Jul 25, 2003
I know most of don't look at our conference as a premier conference. But facts are facts. 2nd year in a row a team from the WAC is in the title game. East Lincoln now Hickory. Coach Glass is a wizard. I've said all year Hickory was the best team Statesville has faced. Hickory was a sleeping giant. Well they have awaken and they are here now. Go win that championship. Great team. Never thought I would ever say this but GO Tornados!!!

Man I have had a lot of time to think about the game last night ( sitting in a tree hunting) and I went and saw Hickory play East Lincoln and was really impressed at how well coached they were and today I’m even more impressed. In game coaching I thought was dang near perfection but it’s the other stuff … Hickory is well disciplined.. didn’t do anything to hurt themselves … everyone played their assessment s and worked as a true Team. They are not flashy and don’t look intimidating but man they play some great football. . I don’t know coach Glass but he must be an outstanding human and a great leader of men … his team shows it

So what’s the thoughts and outlook for North Lincoln next year being that MOST all their starters are coming back and have a RB duo that’s been sensational and very young. One 9th and the other 10th. Sophomores on varsity seem to be a norm these days but freshman not so much even back then and now. Young team though and gave Hickory a good game in playoffs for 2 quarters

I think this conference will be tougher as a whole. N. Lincoln will be returning lot of their players, East Lincoln will still have their RB coming back, Statesville will be better and Hickory returns good many back. West Iredell should be better. Its going to be fun year I believe next year of watching this conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT