ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Durham forfeits 2015 season

its JV's, at the end of the day, who really gives a $#!t?
Obama said the same thing about Isis...

The Orange coach has been around a long time. He could have offered up someone to work the chains if he had a big issue with it or made a stand against it with the officials.

That is something that should be brought up to the NCHSAA.

Listen Bluebolls. Its about character not being a character. Some on these blogs believe in winning at all costs and some say play better. At the end of the day is it ok for adults to cheat some high school kid out of a life long memory. Remember that the next time a teen in your family walks out the door.

From what I heard Oranges head coach had to call a time out and talk to the head referee because the opposing teams head coach would not leave the sidelines after being asked. The original blog was about playing ineligible players and questionable ADM numbers and not turning in eligibility lists to the NCHSAA and changing a game location due to SDHS declaring its field not safe for play after practicing on it all week.

Listen Bluebolls. Its about character not being a character. Some on these blogs believe in winning at all costs and some say play better. At the end of the day is it ok for adults to cheat some high school kid out of a life long memory. Remember that the next time a teen in your family walks out the door.

Obama said the same thing about Isis...

I have one playing right now. He's just fine, well save the concussion at midseason. From some of what I have seen lately, most kids ain't getting too worked up about what happened in last week's varsity game much less JV's. I've been standing on the sidelines in some capacity since the late 70's. Ain't nobody being cheated out of a memory. Weddings, births, first kiss, maybe. Some yahoo head coach picking up the sticks on the road, nah.

And comparing Obama and ISIS to this is just stupidity at its finest. Hyperbole much?

Where was the home school administration in all this alleged hubbub?

wonder how many physicals expired during the playoffs that when first accepted seemed to be ok with the last regular season game. I can see this with a student who gets a late physical to play basketball then decides to go out for football the next season.

wonder how many physicals expired during the playoffs that when first accepted seemed to be ok with the last regular season game. I can see this with a student who gets a late physical to play basketball then decides to go out for football the next season.

Ding, ding, ding, I think we have a winner. Based on what I've heard recently, your example is right on the money.

At Orange the first thing that is done is to fill out a roster and then research the academic eligibility and match a physical form with a name. Physicals that expire during the year, including the state championship date, are highlighted and that player must attend the team physical date. All paperwork is submitted to the AD who does not play around. He says that the head coach pays any fine no exception.

Never heard of Orange until the physical mishap happened. I couldn't imagine a team excepting a championship because another team had a bad physical. I would tell them to keep it.

Guess what guys. Although we lost to SD, they had a player with an outdated physical so we actually won.
WAIT FOR IT!

The IRS sends you a tax return. WAIT FOR IT!

Big difference! You will get two different responses. Nice try though.

Orange had nothing to do with accepting the conference championship. The NCHSAA administered the penalty. If Orange would have known about the infraction they could have contacted the NCHSAA the week of the next playoff game thus taking SDHS out of the playoffs. The players identity is still not being released by SDHS. HIPPA rules don't apply.
''The Privacy Rule does not protect your employment records, even if the information in those records is health-related. In most cases, the Privacy Rule does not apply to the actions of an employer.
If you work for a health plan or a covered health care provider:

• The Privacy Rule does not apply to your employment records.
  • The Rule does protect your medical or health plan records if you are a patient of the provider or a member of the health plan.''

Not bashing Orange for an award that falls in their lap. They took care of their paper work. I believe it would have been much more gratifying for them, if they did it on the field. :) That's all.

Last edited:
Usually when a player is deemed ineligible the name is not announced but it leaks out.

I doubt Coach Moser is too concerned. He sees an L and is looking for a way to get better.

Coach Moser runs a program like it should be run. He turned Graham and Orange around using off season training, recruiting inside the student body and stressing fundamentals. All six of his Graham teams and four out of 7 Orange teams have been ranked in the AP top ten. These teams have appeared in multiple state, regional and conference championships. Turning teams around is a very difficult task that only a handful of coaches have achieved. He has reminded everybody that he is eligible for retirement after the 2016 season.

Man I'm here t'be tellin' ya', dis whole wahdahmell plum done tore mah' heart.....Ah'mean, hard as dem boys wo'ked - fo'sho.....fo'somun t'screw down likes dis be plum bad-ass.

Succinctly declared ad naseum. A Socratic Debate sans retort. Perfect in iambic pentameter et al. Simply Homeric . Frater ex alio patre et matre.

Last edited:
Yep because to some high school football coaches winning trumps everything. Some coaches would take the fine to win a game especially in the playoffs. I have been around some communists, lawyers, folks that have been executed and high school football coaches. I could put them in the wack-a-mole machine and use Uncle Joe's monkey wrench blindfolded and not peep. Some remind me of community college law school graduates. I think Hillary Clinton would be a good example of their mindset and I have met her too. I would not put her in the wack-a-mole box because I don't want the Secret Service visiting my house. (ok, yall get that) She has Bill and Bill has her and they were made for each other in Lunatic Arkansas and they have rode the crazy train through the country. The NCHSAA is like is like the United Nations. All they do is get paid and talk to each other and make decisions that don't change the original outcome.

Last edited:
When I saw folks from SDHS making teeth brushing motions saying 'we brush out teeth with Crest' I about blowed a gasket. They said Hillside was a better program and they were actually not impressed with Crests record because of the drubbing Crest took from them in 2013. After this years game SDHS was convinced without a doubt they would have won easily with their original quarterback. As Arlo Guthrie said 'that takes a lott a' gaul' as he sat on the group 'W' bench. But from what I am hearing they are filling gaps from graduation and they intend on revenge.

Cedar Ridge High School had a water balloon fight in the cafeteria. Some students got suspended for 5 days. An attorney has become involved. The principal was standing on a table doing a 'Hillary' as water balloons whizzed by her head.
images

Last edited:
Cedar Ridge High School had a water balloon fight in the cafeteria. Some students got suspended for 5 days. An attorney has become involved. The principal was standing on a table doing a 'Hillary' as water balloons whizzed by her head.
images

To bad your boy Trump wasn't there. He could have bombed the shit out of them.

Having met Donald your are correct. He would have donned his 'Teddy Roosevelt' attire and charged up Eno Hill.'

How can two high schools, Hillside and S. Durham, who are in one of the most densely populated areas of the state keep losing students. There has not been a new high school built. There has been an increase in the population of about 9%. Maybe the ADM count is held at 5 pm. Maybe they use the new math 2+2=1. (Correct now everybody clap their hands and sing Kumbaya) Maybe they see the buzzards circling over the gridirons in Orange County south of I-40. Football is about as popular down there as Jesse Helms. Do they know that the Boards of Education are contemplating that players who have a A/B average have equal playing time and that if a student flunks a test they are ineligible until the test is passed. Also every player must play in every game and that the rotation is at every change of possession. The Chapel Hill/Carrboro School System is one of the best in the country and the GPA trumps everything. Debate Team Mom and Stay at Home Phd Dad will lawyer up over anything and a perceived slight of their child brings out the grizzly that registers on the Richter Scale in Granville County. Imagine Hillary marrying Bernie Sanders and you're in the ballpark.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT