ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Durham forfeits 2015 season

What if the team that beat your team using an ineligible player then called one of your best players and offered them a spot on their roster. Two years in a row.

What if the team that beat your team using an ineligible player then called one of your best players and offered them a spot on their roster. Two years in a row.

Depends on who did the offering. If it was a coach or a administrator then turn them in with your proof. If it was a kid or parent calling a kid or parent then I would say it happens every day and there isn't anything you can do about.

Kid and his family are free to move and attend whatever school they choose for whatever reason provided they follow the rules.

Kids call each other all the time about that stuff. Quit your whining if it was a coach/administrator then you need to take your proof to the NCHSAA, but you probably have no real concrete proof you're just complaining.

The Alamance/Burlington School System has petitioned the NCHSAA to form a conference with NE Guilford, Eastern Guilford, W Alamance, E Alamance, S Alamance, Williams, Cedar Ridge and Orange.. The Orange County School System should enjoin the petition.

The Alamance/Burlington School System has petitioned the NCHSAA to form a conference with NE Guilford, Eastern Guilford, W Alamance, E Alamance, S Alamance, Williams, Cedar Ridge and Orange.. The Orange County School System should enjoin the petition.

Good idea.. Because the Guilford county schools have always been beyond reproach when it come to ineligible players.... Yikes

Same issue got Smoky Mountain a couple of years ago. They were literally pulled off the bus for their playoff trip.
They received the same penalty, which is what every school gets when they use an ineligible player. The coach was removed from his AD position and and got canned back in November.

Well the last three playoff losses for Orange have been to N Guilford and S Durham. Both schools have had issues with the NCHSAA eligibility rules.

There's trouble in the league tonight
'Motown's rollin' them bones, teams had a premonition
They could not beat him alone

Teams had to get loaded
Their rosters had to fill
Rules were exploded, fines began to spill

So player, here's the ticket
Put the suitcase in your hand, here's a little money now
Administrations head is in the sand
You be wearing uni's of ours, we'll bring your folks into the stands

I'm sorry we got to do like this
Either this or we lose, it's the nature of the business
It's the cheaters blues, cheaters blues

The coaches and the AD's, the holders of the law
The pay-offs and the rip-offs and the things nobody saw
No matter if it's movin', drivin', or cash
You've got to wear disguises, boosters always carry cash

There's lots of shady characters, lots of dirty deals
Ev'ry name's an alias, in case somebody squeals
It's the lure of easy winnin', it's got a very strong appeal

Perhaps you'd understand it better
Playin' Mosers crew, it's the ultimate enticement

To make the playoff headlines, they do it it ev'ry day
Association says they'll stop it but it doesn't go away
They give em' a new Grandmammy, set em' up to play
They hide em up at aunties place, trailers where they stay

It's propping up big programs from coast to mountain dew
You ask any NCSHAA man, he'll say there's nothin' we can do
From the office of the superintendant
Right down to me and you, me and you

It's a losing proposition but one they can't refuse
It's the politics of a winnin' hand

There's trouble in the league tonight
'Motown's rollin' them bones, teams had a premonition
They could not beat him alone

Teams had to get loaded
Their rosters had to fill
Rules were exploded, fines began to spill

So player, here's the ticket
Put the suitcase in your hand, here's a little money now
Administrations head is in the sand
You be wearing uni's of ours, we'll bring your folks into the stands

I'm sorry we got to do like this
Either this or we lose, it's the nature of the business

The coaches and the AD's, the holders of the law
The pay-offs and the rip-offs and the things nobody saw
No matter if it's movin', drivin', or cash
You've got to wear disguises, boosters always carry cash

There's lots of shady characters, lots of dirty deals
Ev'ry name's an alias, in case somebody squeals
It's the lure of easy winnin', it's got a very strong appeal

Perhaps you'd understand it better
Playin' Mosers crew, it's the ultimate enticement

To make the playoff headlines, they do it it ev'ry day
Association says they'll stop it but it doesn't go away
They give em' a new Grandmammy, set em' up to play
They hide em up at aunties place, trailers where they stay

It's propping up big programs from coast to mountain dew
You ask any NCSHAA man, he'll say there's nothin' we can do
From the office of the superintendant
Right down to me and you, me and you

It's a losing proposition but one they can't refuse
It's the politics of a winnin' hand

They save your team from a running clock beat down. Send S. Durham a year supply of Gatorade.

Here's a hint to the Orange Excuse makers: PLAY BETTER
Notice how Northern Guilford fans aren't on here complaining and they actually made it to a regional final unlike Orange.
You lost on the field and that is all that matters, Southern Durham always won those games.
But don't listen to reason, go sue and take it to court. Like you have some kind of case LOL loser mentality right there.

Looks like the Clinton machine has turned James 'Serpent Head' Carville loose on Orange. I tried to type slowly so those 'Al Bundy' types can read. You see them wearing their high school letter jacket at the local teen joint where their sweat is 'Just For Men Colored'.

Looks like the Clinton machine has turned James 'Serpent Head' Carville loose on Orange. I tried to type slowly so those 'Al Bundy' types can read. You see them wearing their high school letter jacket at the local teen joint where their sweat is 'Just For Men Colored'.

And you are a Cartoon.
LooneyTunesWallpaper800.jpg

I say I say I represent that remark. Now what if SDHS has omitted to send into the NCHSAA other paperwork that pertains to eligibility for the entire team. While it may seem that I am taking Oranges side, I have closer ties to Durham County football. East Chapel Hill was supposed to drop into The Big Eight Conference until the bottom fell out of SDHS ADM numbers. One of the best rivalries in the state was between Hillside and SDHS with Hillside holding the upper hand by a wide margin and attracting the better athlete. Northern, Jordan, and Riverside lost players to both programs. With SDHS dropping to 3A and declaring themselves a magnate school they were able to recruit from a wider area and not face Hillside in the conference championship thus almost always starting out on the road in the playoffs.

I say I say I represent that remark. Now what if SDHS has omitted to send into the NCHSAA other paperwork that pertains to eligibility for the entire team. While it may seem that I am taking Oranges side, I have closer ties to Durham County football. East Chapel Hill was supposed to drop into The Big Eight Conference until the bottom fell out of SDHS ADM numbers. One of the best rivalries in the state was between Hillside and SDHS with Hillside holding the upper hand by a wide margin and attracting the better athlete. Northern, Jordan, and Riverside lost players to both programs. With SDHS dropping to 3A and declaring themselves a magnate school they were able to recruit from a wider area and not face Hillside in the conference championship thus almost always starting out on the road in the playoffs.
Isn't Hillside dropping down into 3A as well come 2017?

Recruiting isn't allowed. I am sure you have brought your proof to the NCHSAA

''During the recession, the Raleigh-Durham metro area grew more than any other metro region in the U.S. (News&Obsever 2010)'',
People QuickFacts Durham County North Carolina

Population, 2014 estimate 294,460 9,943,964
Population, 2010 (April 1) estimates base 269,974 9,535,691
Population, percent change - April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2014 9.1% N.C. 4.3%
How do schools in one of the most populated and growing areas of the state/country, lose students without new high schools being built. Alamance/Burlington wants Orange and Cedar Ridge to form a conference with four Alamance County schools and Guilford County schools want to send two schools there. Recruiting is side stepped when schools declare themselves parish or magnet.

''During the recession, the Raleigh-Durham metro area grew more than any other metro region in the U.S. (News&Obsever 2010)'',

How do schools in one of the most populated and growing areas of the state/country, lose students without new high schools being built. Alamance/Burlington wants Orange and Cedar Ridge to form a conference with four Alamance County schools and Guilford County schools want to send two schools there. Recruiting is side stepped when schools declare themselves parish or magnet.

So now they aren't recruiting? ?

So here is the deal. You guys lost. It wasn't because of the magnet program, the kid who didn't have a physical or because of some kind of ADM conspiracy.

You just lost. Somehow despite all of these things going on Crest rolled them.

My advice?? Stop inventing the reasons why you can't win and start focusing on how you can win. All this excuse making turns you into Wake County and you give the kids, coaches and administration built in excuses for why they can't beat them. Terrible lesson for the kids long term. Gives little Johnny the wrong mind set...now when he doesn't get the scholarship, the job or the promotion it's not because of what he did or didn't do it's because of some made up advantage someone else got.

Just go get better...

What players side stepped and went Catholic or Magnet?

Einstein said that intelligence was not knowledge but imagination. And creativity was intelligence having fun. I would say that more went magnet than parish because of demographics and its cheaper. Now this is interrupting my violin lessons. SDHS said Crest won because their qb got hurt. They qualify this by saying they knocked the dust out of Crest 2013 with a healthy team. And the best players on that team were recruited.

Einstein said that intelligence was not knowledge but imagination. And creativity was intelligence having fun. I would say that more went magnet than parish because of demographics and its cheaper. Now this is interrupting my violin lessons. SDHS said Crest won because their qb got hurt. They qualify this by saying they knocked the dust out of Crest 2013 with a healthy team. And the best players on that team were recruited.

What position did this Einstein kid play?? Was he one of the recruits?

Reactions: nepsy7
So when Wild Bill Hickok was shot in the back while playing poker and holding 'Aces and Eights' playing better would have kept him alive.

Learn how to tackle, run, block, catch and coach better than your opponent and you will be fine. Wild Bill should have been watching film and spending more time in the weight room..LOL!

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Players physicals should be free to the athletes. Give the physicals at practice. All the money the schools take in at gates there is no reason not for it to be funded and administered by the team. It should be part of the cost of doing business. $15 should not be a problem when gates are $60,000 to $125,000 a year for 3a and 4a schools.

Players physicals should be free to the athletes. Give the physicals at practice. All the money the schools take in at gates there is no reason not for it to be funded and administered by the team. It should be part of the cost of doing business. $15 should not be a problem when gates are $60,000 to $125,000 a year for 3a and 4a schools.

Um, don't know if you have been in a public school lately but they need every cent of that for educational things. I know Burns does do a free physical night every year though.

Most schools do. Doctors offer their time but the kid has to show up.

If a student/athlete's trailer got abducted by aliens and examined would the NCSHAA accept the physical. Maybe that's what happened at SDHS and they have been told by the federal government to be quiet. One of them Roswell deals.

Last edited:
Our sports med provider offers free physicals in May before school lets out one evening for all our HS and MS athletes. You would be surprised how many Moms I hear say "we're busy that night so I'll just go to our family doctor later". Wow, I'd much rather pay my copay than have my kid get it for free, SMH.

Where problems arise is when a student gets their physical off cycle. Say a kid doesn't play football his 10th grade year but goes and gets a physical for JV basketball in October. He then goes out for football in the 11th grade and they rely on the physical he had that previous October as it is still valid in August when practice began. Then either through laziness, forgetfulness, etc., nobody takes him to
get a new physical before the playoffs start in November when his physical has now expired. When the AD starts checking the paperwork for the playoffs, now they realize his physical is out of date and he has played some games and thus they must now report it to Chapel Hill.

I think this is the scenario where most schools get in trouble with this. Most smart AD's/coaches/trainers make them all go get the team day physical even if they had one from their doctor the week before. Really smart coaches call a mandatory team meeting and bus them all together to the clinic.

-A- is the home team and -B- is the visiting team on JV night with the varsity playing the next night. The head football coach from team -A-(Home) is pulling the chains on -B-(Visitor) teams sidelines. -B- team JV is a mirror of its varsity. -A- team has 90 on its roster and has 100 plus in the stands. Ethical/ moral/sportsmanship or not.

Last edited:
#1) its JV's, at the end of the day, who really gives a $#!t?
#2) WTH does that have to do with this topic?
#3) Most officials want adults on the chains. Players tend to get distracted by their cell phones and cheerleaders and such. Maybe they were short? All sort of reasons. If the B coach had a problem, he could have addressed it with the referee. More coaches are friends(ly) than not

I've worked chains, you aren't going to pick up much in the "mirror" if you are doing your job. All you are going to pick up on the sideline are funny jokes, a lot of yelling, and the occasional smelly fart. He would have been a better spy if he had stayed in the press box.

-A- is the home team and -B- is the visiting team on JV night with the varsity playing the next night. The head football coach from team -A-(Home) is pulling the chains on -B-(Visitor) teams sidelines. -B- team JV is a mirror of its varsity. -A- team has 90 on its roster and has 100 plus in the stands. Ethical/ moral/sportsmanship or not.
Ethical, maybe not. Legal yes. Therefore it's just fine. Maybe just smarter than the opposition.

So both teams are ranked in the top ten and the game determines the conference championship and both teams will meet in the playoffs at the winners place. Its still ok for the opposing teams coach to be in your coaching box for the majority of the game. Hearing your audibles, hearing team meetings on the sidelines, knowing/hearing the adjustments to plays/probes opposing team runs. What if coaches/boosters of the opposing team keep coming into your coaching office wanting to use the bathroom. Passing public restrooms on the way. Is that what high school football has come to. 'If you aint cheatin you aint tryin' mentality. Does winning a high school football game justify any means. To me its a little bush league. It sends the wrong message to young adults about how to handle adversity. Would it be ok to dig through a teachers trash can or look into a teachers desk or hack into a computer to find test material.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT