ADVERTISEMENT

South Robeson shutting down - Final

viper12

May 7, 2019
Alaska
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Somebody is talking to someones Mama that is talking to somebody's cousin that is getting a job at the up and coming Hobby Lobby........ C’Mon man

Last edited:
I think it’s important because a 4AA program in Hoggard was going to play them!!!! Like what the heck is hoggard doing playing a team like south Roberson? Can someone fill me in on this please?

Busing athletes to Lumberton.....all of them? Some of them? Or just the ones that are suppose to go there?

Somebody is talking to someones Mama that is talking to somebody's cousin that is getting a job at the up and coming Hobby Lobby........ C’Mon man
From what the Robesonian said, Fairmont, Lumberton and Swett are getting the students.

So a few evenings ago Im sitting here at the Tupelo Honey Restaurant in Charlotte and I overhear and observed a money man gentleman walk in. Dressed in a ostentatiously expensive sharp black suit with some sort of frock coat. He walked as if he was on a Red Carpet wearing some sort of smooth odor-resistant contemporary men's shoes.

He spoke in a soft, slow, liquid sounding drawl, but yet very fluid. He spoke of Lumberton busing most of the football athletes. The gentleman spoke very brief that curiosity killed the cat.

It is not clear who he was. Yet his appearance spoke the importance of this gentleman. Undoubtedly he had clear cut data.

So, they are closing the school immediately?

I can’t say that I know if South Roberson should exist or not. I don’t have any information.

However... I can say that I know very well what it takes to compile a master schedule for a high school and how difficult it is to place students in the classes that they want/need.

Making a decision to do this in MID-JULY is reckless and completely detrimental to the faculty, staff and students of all Robeson County high schools. This should have been done NO later than April of this year, or it should have been shelved and carried out prior to the 2020-21 school year.

Kids are going to fall through the cracks. Staffing is going to be a nightmare.
You know who loses here? Yep. Kids.

All because the school system appears to be run by people so dense, that they don’t even understand that you can’t legally run a school system at a deficit. You can’t spend what you don’t have.

I can’t say that I know if South Roberson should exist or not. I don’t have any information.

However... I can say that I know very well what it takes to compile a master schedule for a high school and how difficult it is to place students in the classes that they want/need.

Making a decision to do this in MID-JULY is reckless and completely detrimental to the faculty, staff and students of all Robeson County high schools. This should have been done NO later than April of this year, or it should have been shelved and carried out prior to the 2020-21 school year.

Kids are going to fall through the cracks. Staffing is going to be a nightmare.
You know who loses here? Yep. Kids.

All because the school system appears to be run by people so dense, that they don’t even understand that you can’t legally run a school system at a deficit. You can’t spend what you don’t have.

Exactly! That county is a cluster. They got no idea what they are doing. This is terrible for the kids and the teachers. What do they do now? How many are looking for jobs? I saw they moved the principal to the county office for a kush job, but what happens to the teachers? Oh and the new HC? This is why Robeson county is the armpit of NC. They have high drop out rate already, so I wonder how many kids will do that? This inept school board should have made this decision way before school let out so parents, students, teachers could plan for their future.

Guys they are hard working people inRowland and Maxton. Any parent at that school would help you or anyone if needed. Been in our conf. since started. Mike Brill had heck of teams at SR. Ranked in top 5 for two years. He had a couple of pros on team,Donta Leach for one.
But it's a shame for students and teachers,Robeson Ian said as many as 90 teachers could get ROFs.

Yeah so my business partner who covers most of Scotland County housing Authority rang my phone lastnight talking about "come by". Make story short, he invited me to General McArthur's Restaurant....Food was delicious

Anyhow so yeah......
12 athletes to Fairmont, 7 to Purnell Swett, 50 some odd students to Lumberton, and a share to St. Pauls

Lumberton already has over 2,200 students........how and why would they need more?

Got people from Pembroke going to Fairmont. People from Fairmont going to Lumberton. people from Charleston going to St Pauls.........I mean what kind of soup sandwich mess is going on. Where's the border line....is it HWY41, is it I-95. is it HWY74. Is it the Lumber River. Is it the Back Swamp?.....................man this is cray cray

Question: Has any team that you are aware of ever payed an athlete $300 to stay?

Viper Robeson county always had an open door policy. You can play at any cost. school u choose and change each year. This was as of 2 yers ago. They got problems in Robeson Co. Everyone else does to of some sort. Small schools are going to really be hurt couple of years down road. Consolidation is coming!!!

Viper Robeson county always had an open door policy. You can play at any cost. school u choose and change each year. This was as of 2 yers ago. They got problems in Robeson Co. Everyone else does to of some sort. Small schools are going to really be hurt couple of years down road. Consolidation is coming!!!
When was the last time anyone has beaten the policy which keeps the door open?

I am quite aware of this policy which allows kids that are going to South Robeson to use the bathroom at Lumberton.
I am quite aware of this policy which allows kids that are going to Fairmont to use the cafeteria at St Pauls
I am quite aware of this policy which allows kids that are going to Purnell Swett to use the weight room at Red Springs

You get my drift........

The County said they are saving money by shutting down South Robeson High

Consolidation is coming.......as in South Robeson(which is happening now)? or do you mean Red Springs might shut down in the next few years(the next small school)?

According to The good ole Robesonian the numbers are 173 to Fairmont bumping them up to 784. 150 to Purnell bumping them up to 1600. Last but not least Lumberton with 46 giving them 1849.
https://www.robesonian.com/news/125670/wooten-190-positions-can-be-eliminated-through-attrition
Now.......out of those 369 students the Robesonian is reporting transferring to each of those schools, how many football players did each school receive?

That's the real secret question. I want to know what the inside gig is all about.

The robesonian should come out with a report stating how many football players went to each school
Out of that answer - how many athletes are considered elite(per say)

We will then find out how a family of "elite" athletes ended up more in one school than the other(s)

Two choices here:
1. Either the athlete chose to go to the school
2. Hard recruiting began early

Believe me,they are not many athletes at whole school. Maybe 10 good football players that could help 4A schools.

Believe me,they are not many athletes at whole school. Maybe 10 good football players that could help 4A schools.
There is a share of them. The #1 running Back in the county was from South Robeson...

Here is the great mystery or misery, ........
Think about where he lives and what color helmet he is currently wearing?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Viper,do you remember Mike Brill? Heck of a coach at SR. Ranked #2 in state for 2 years back then. DonteLeach and company,men playing against boys. Brill had their only winning record there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT