ADVERTISEMENT

Postell steps down at East Gaston

Ouduckfan

Jul 6, 2014
JT Postell stepped down this morning as the head coach at Eazt Gaston. That is all the details I have heard so far.

Considering some of the names I heard associated with this job this one is a bit surprising.

Successful HC’s and Coordinators.

A few successful alumni, some got interviews, some did not…or any correspondence back that said thanks but no thanks.

I think if JH from Weddington had offensive experience he would have gotten the job. Alumni and has had a great run at Weddington.

I also heard the name Byus thrown around for this one too.
There was player at EG named JH when Earl Lingafelt was HC. Really good player, really smart. Is that the same JH? As for Byus, that was probably a wish not a candidate.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
There was player at EG named JH when Earl Lingafelt was HC. Really good player, really smart. Is that the same JH? As for Byus, that was probably a wish not a candidate.
JH is late 30’s if memory serves me well.

Understanding on Byus was he was highly interested but logistics of being retired and salary couldn’t be worked out. I don’t know all the semantics behind a retired employee.

JH is late 30’s if memory serves me well.

Understanding on Byus was he was highly interested but logistics of being retired and salary couldn’t be worked out. I don’t know all the semantics behind a retired employee.
Person I'm thinking of would be mid to late 40's now.

So what’s the story on Story?
I’m not familiar with the name or old age has clouded my memory.
I don't remember which.

So what’s the story on Story?
I’m not familiar with the name or old age has clouded my memory.
I don't remember which.
He's had several jobs at the college level and had stops at a couple different high schools, the last being Hickory Ridge. He was looking for a job in our area and he really liked EG from what I'm being told. Eg has some big time talent that will be there in a couple years. From my understanding he's already been in talks with the youth level coaches and middle school to build a relationship. I'm a Sp guy, but both of my daughters will go to Eg and play sports there so I'm excited for this hire. I hope he stays

Reactions: SHS LION and egfan
From his college coaching days, he has a lot of experience as a recruiting coordinator I think. So he knows the ins and outs of getting kids recognized. That's a plus in my book.

Reactions: Ouduckfan
Coach Postell had put together a pretty good staff, with little turnover. I'm hoping Coach Story can keep it in place.

From his college coaching days, he has a lot of experience as a recruiting coordinator I think. So he knows the ins and outs of getting kids recognized. That's a plus in my book.
Even if a coach does a great job of promoting their players, the player still has to have the talent to play at the next level. From the article they wrote about the hiring, too much emphasis was placed on his college experience as a recruiting coordinator.

He may end up being a great coach, but just about every high school coach in NC knows how to get talented players recognized. For their sake, I hope that wasn't EG's top priority.

Reactions: egfan
Coach Postell had put together a pretty good staff, with little turnover. I'm hoping Coach Story can keep it in place.
I know of at least one coach on staff that has already said he is done coaching football. He played a large role their the last few years. Coach Story may need to show off his recruiting prowess in the building.

Reactions: egfan
Even if a coach does a great job of promoting their players, the player still has to have the talent to play at the next level. From the article they wrote about the hiring, too much emphasis was placed on his college experience as a recruiting coordinator.

He may end up being a great coach, but just about every high school coach in NC knows how to get talented players recognized. For their sake, I hope that wasn't EG's top priority.
Agree, college coaches will find talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT