ADVERTISEMENT

South Point vs Hibriten

Sounds like Hibriten has ate some humble pie tonight.....
Seems there still is other good football teams out here.
Not downing Hibriten,Shelby and South Point both knew they are good.
But Shelby and SP are not fly by nighters.
Bandys vs Hibriten
Shelby vs North Lincoln
Still another game to battle before the rematch.

Afew observations from the game.... #1 South Point lost. #2 Hibriten won. #3 South Point goes home. #4 Hibriten keeps playing.

All smiles here!

Reactions: beamer24
Afew observations from the game.... #1 South Point lost. #2 Hibriten won. #3 South Point goes home. #4 Hibriten keeps playing.

All smiles here!
Actually we are smiling also. Raiders got to play a 2nd round game and we played well after a disastrous start. Some teams bowed out in the first round so their fans had to find other teams to pull for or against. Sad little people.

Congrats to Hibriten for their win. I am once more proud of what my Raiders accomplished with such a young team. The turnovers early gave the opponents just enough cushion to pull out the win. You will win this matchup more times than you will lose. Played lights out after spotting them 28 points.
Good luck to the Panthers going forward.

What a great game these 2 teams NEVER disappoints!!!!!!! South point’s fumbles truly cost them but you gotta give it to Hibriten D they were ripping at the ball and cold hands could not hold on. This is why football is played. Those dang midgets are freaking ball players and the panthers are not to shabby either. My hats off to both teams for a truly hard fought game.

Ol yeah thank you Hibriten for the little extra pocket money and the tickets to the UNC football game tomorrow :D

Hope your not a Tarhole fan, cause thats not gonna be pretty! Go Pack :p

Just got home from the game. SP fumbles 8 times all year and gives up 4 fumbles in the first quarter 2 of which were returned for TD's and one when SP fumbles at the one into the endzone. 28-0 on the first possession of the 2nd quarter. From that point forward, the Raiders controlled the game. SP had so many opportunities in the 2nd half but just could not punch it in. Huge play in the 2nd half when Witherspoon fumbled at about the 30 yard line and it looked like the Raiders were going to get a short field. A flag was thrown and they called SP for a chop block giving the ball back to Hibriten. First defensive chop block in the history of football. Proud of my Raiders. Most teams would have packed it in after that horrendous start, but they battled back and turned it into an exciting game. That is a very talented and experienced Hibriten team. Good luck to them in the balance of the playoffs. Only other comment, Hibriten please use some of the playoff money and build visitors stands.
We need a totally new stadium. Ashe county,Maiden, and Shelby have nice football facilities. I have not been to SP but I am sure it is nice.

Congrats to Hibriten for their win. I am once more proud of what my Raiders accomplished with such a young team. The turnovers early gave the opponents just enough cushion to pull out the win. You will win this matchup more times than you will lose. Played lights out after spotting them 28 points.
Good luck to the Panthers going forward.
Thank you! When you all came up here in 2016 and whipped us it hurt bad but I hoped you would win the title and yall did. I wish we could play a real game against you guys every year instead of scrimmage only. We all get to drop a non conference game so it would not change much of anything come playoffs. I give you guys some credit for the team we have now. After that loss the players came back in January with a different mindset. I think it would help our guys out and make us better.

Hope your not a Tarhole fan, cause thats not gonna be pretty! Go Pack :p
Well it’s complicated I’m a Clemson football fan but yes I’m a Tar Heel basketball fan (Roy Williams is my cousin) but I also like NC state kinda cause my old neighbor plays for them. So it’s a win win for me cause most of all I’m a football fan and yeah UNC stinks at football but so does NC state .... GO TIGERS

Another great game from these 2 teams.... Both played hard and had mistakes and turnovers...I must say though SP has one heck of a defensive coordinator, seen Red Raiders twice in the last 3 years and his D as given up 14 points to 2 explosive offenses of Hibriten

Hibriten is representing this area, and representing it well. Patriot Nation is all behind them at this point. Hibriten winning is good for the all around area. Its a nice change to see a powerhouse up this way. Just so know, theres a new powerhouse in 2A football and its not South Point or Shelby.

Much respect for Hibriten coaches.... called the dogs off after a 28 to 0 start. Wanted to keep it respectable! Kudos to this staff. Night night wed waders!

Yes Shelby can last with them. Hibriten has plenty of talent, speed and are well coached but are not as dominant as expected. I don't want to take anything away from them but its clear how dominating weak schedules can provide a false sense of security.
We sure do need a tougher schedule. I agree 100%

First off, congratulations to Hibriten. They are a very good team but they are beatable. Spotting them 28 in the first quarter with four turnovers was a hole too big to get out of. The final score 28-20 and SP with the ball late I am sure made a gigantic pucker factor on the home side. But it is what it is. You have to be prepared to play 4 quarters and SP was not tonight.

I am going out on a limb tonight and announcing that Shelby will be the state 2AA champs at the end of this season. Hibriten is good but Shelby will handle the Panthers comfortably. Shelby's passing game will pick Hibriten apart. I predicted when the brackets were announced that it would be Shelby vs SP or Hibriten for the western championship. After this game, it is clear that it will be Shelby vs Hibriten. The winner of that game will be the state champ but I think Shelby is clearly the better team. And if SP had won tonight, I still think Shelby would have won the rematch. Congratulations to Hibriten tonight and early congrats to Shelby in two and three weeks.

First off, congratulations to Hibriten. They are a very good team but they are beatable. Spotting them 28 in the first quarter with four turnovers was a hole too big to get out of. The final score 28-20 and SP with the ball late I am sure made a gigantic pucker factor on the home side. But it is what it is. You have to be prepared to play 4 quarters and SP was not tonight.

I am going out on a limb tonight and announcing that Shelby will be the state 2AA champs at the end of this season. Hibriten is good but Shelby will handle the Panthers comfortably. Shelby's passing game will pick Hibriten apart. I predicted when the brackets were announced that it would be Shelby vs SP or Hibriten for the western championship. After this game, it is clear that it will be Shelby vs Hibriten. The winner of that game will be the state champ but I think Shelby is clearly the better team. And if SP had won tonight, I still think Shelby would have won the rematch. Congratulations to Hibriten tonight and early congrats to Shelby in two and three weeks.
That's why they play the game. There is a chance it could be 5 picks for us. You would have never thought your guys would fumble 5 times either. If you did I didn't see the post. Our defensive coach knows Shelby well so who knows what may happen. But even saying that makes you look like a sore loser. Either way on to Bandys now and glad we had a great game against each other instead of a 26-0 again.

Last edited:
I hope everyone made it home safe. One heck of a game and didn't see any devastating injuries. As long as the SP fans and team made it home safe it was a good night. Thanks for making us a better team. I am mentally drained after this week and gonna sleep for 18 hours now and on to Bandys to see what they have. Goodnight and good luck in the future!!

Reactions: 1SWO1
Weak schedule or not, Hibriten proved again this year they are better than the boys from Belmont. Relax seadog and crew, you are past champions, so you can stroll down memory lane..... those were the days before Panther dominance

How does your defence coach know us well?
U play us 1 game in 35 yrs....get out of here with that crap...This is a different Qb and team from last year. And you dont think coach Ware will not have another game plan..

I wondered what the heck happened. Went to the Watauga game and saw on score stream and said whew so glad we came here. The I look later and said daaaaang!!!!

Hibriten fans this ain’t good. Better cause some turnovers against Shelby or it could be a long night. Hibriten should have an easier time with Bandys. They got Howard and he’s a beast but if you key in on him the whole game it may be a done deal. They give him he rock no matter what about 60 percent of the time at the minimum.

Nope no FFN coverage.

How does your defence coach know us well?
U play us 1 game in 35 yrs....get out of here with that crap...This is a different Qb and team from last year. And you dont think coach Ware will not have another game plan..
He came from Freedom.

Weak schedule or not, Hibriten proved again this year they are better than the boys from Belmont. Relax seadog and crew, you are past champions, so you can stroll down memory lane..... those were the days before Panther dominance

If Freedom had your passion they may get to play a meaningful game one of these years. Until then continue riding the nutsucks of winners.

May have but this is total different team tgen last year, more explosive passing game 5-6 different rec. Running game stsrting to come alive more then 1 back
Plenty of skill players.
Maybe not as good D. But a bend dont break mode.
coach Ware knows what to preprare for. Remember that butt whipping SP gave us last game of year. Nobody belived we could beat them in round 2.
Coach Ware did and came up with killer game plan.

All thoses games were always early. Like always Shelby got better at end of year and like alwsys Freedom exit 1st 2nd round.

Reactions: 1SWO1
Kudos to the Raider D. They held Hibriten O to 211 yards and 14 points with most of that in the first quarter. SP Offense made some plays but was inconsistent. Hibriten had great team speed making it tough to run to the corners. Would have liked to see SP pass a little more. Hit 7 of 8 passes and would have like to see that doubled. Not throwing in that last possession was a head scratcher.

South Point faithful, some advice for next year...... It's hard to win a game against a team like Hibriten when it takes you a full half to realize there's a game even going. Next year wake up and realize kickoff is 7:30... not 8:30

The better team won. Ole Blue Ridge tire was right after all.

If that was Panther dominance then you"ll need a check up from the neck up. Outside of SP giving up touchdowns on unforced errors...SP dominated the game.
Having trouble getting last nights Freedom score. I am sure they kicked azz as usual.

If Hibriten and Pisgah switch schedules next year they could be seed 1 & 2 next year again.
Good luck to Hibriten next week. I expect you and Shelby will square off in 2 weeks for a showdown.

Stadium is fine just need new metal bleachers on the vistors side that are tall enough to where you can see and big enough to hold a large fanbase.

I agree completely. We could see a lot of improvements to the track area and visitor's side since we were there in 2016. Nice concrete walkways instead of the mud path we walked through then. This is actually a nice stadium except for the visitor's side seating which needs expansion and improvements. Congratulations to the Panthers last night. You still have a major task in front of you but you got out there with what counts last night. Another great season for the Red Raiders, they just shot themselves in the foot and fell short of the season's goal. I really believe the season would have ended in two weeks anyway but it would have been nice to see if miracles do happen.

BS aside. Congrats to Hibriten. You won the game and that's what counts.
I do however wish the visitors side of your stadium would accommodate a reasonable number of seats for the opposing teams. The home side looked to be top notch but visitors side is one of the worst we have seen. More Raiders standing around the fence than in the bleachers because they had no where to sit.

Good luck going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT