ADVERTISEMENT

South Point Red Raiders vs Shelby Golden Lions

That may be true coondog, but the topic keeps coming up that we've played similar schedules, which is just untrue.

You may have the opinion that South Point is a very good team. I'd actually agree with you. We share that opinion.

However, it is fact that we have played a tougher non-conference schedule. This isn't opinion. Your opponents are a combined 29-31. Shelby's non conference opponents are 42-18.

Lol...I had just written down their non-conference W-L. They've only played 2 (out of 6) non-conference teams with a winning record. o_O

Reactions: whitemilesdavis
I guess SP shouldn't show up Friday night bc you Shelby fans think it's going to be a blowout but it's not SP by 3.

Well, that's a funny question. If it doesn't matter, why play them? You learn things from the games you've played.

What do the previous game s have to do with Friday night? Do you think every team comes in each week with an equal shot at winning? No! I could look at Chase's schedule this year and tell you they had very little chance of beating you last Friday. Likewise, I can tell by your schedule that you will be one of the tougher teams we've played this year.

Like some have said, whoever takes better care of the ball and special teams. But, also costly penalties. SP had a lot of them in first half at Chase Can't do that Friday nite. I say close game SP 24 Golden Lions 21.Praying it doesn't turn out like my senior year at SP. Last game of season both undefeated and it was not pretty for SP.
The 77 game? Your right it will come down to the turnovers,special teams and penalties.

Are you kidding me? Schedule strength? Let me tell you Lions something! YOU ARE, playing your toughest opponent Friday night. We don't worry about who we play. We make sure our focus is on us! Your schedule isn't playing us, your kids are. Helpful hint, concentrate on yourselves, not schedules. Beating any other team isn't going to help you beat us!

HEAR YE !! HEAR YE !!
Enough. The enlightened one will offer what everyone wants - a crystal ball so you can know the outcome of the biggest game in Cleveland County's history since the 90s. Speaking of balls... Crest fans we are not talking about locker room antics with each other and Shelby fans we are not talking about 8 balls (I will allow each reader to fill in his/her own joke to appropriately offend themselves based on whether they take that reference as a drug OR gambling shot).

Shelby D vs. SP O: This is where the game will be decided. Shelby has a fine defense. They have a couple studs, especially that one who everyone knows about. He dominated the run offense against SP last year- YES. If ever our local Belmontonians want to know what a D1 player looks like versus "other guys" - there you go. But, they still allow us to play with 11 in Belmont. So, you better have somebody else with a set or you will get set.

But....SPs offense has some things...and even though we aren't individually super talented on offense at skill positions we still have some pieces to play with. Most importantly we have #72 upfront. If Shelby has somebody to match him up it will be thrilling to see. Do you Shelby? The answer is no. Failed another test, I see. Yall gotta be used to that by now. Still - you gotta figure 14-17 points is possible including the pass game to that one fellow we have. Hope Shelby hasn't been scouting us much. Sidenote: I know it looks like SP throws to one guy every year the last 5-6 years but really we just leave those other guys off the stats sheet. Beware of those "other" guys. Another nice thing about our #5 is he doesn't have to play much against their #44.

SP D vs. Shelby offense. SP not as good on defense as most think, and Shelby not great on offense. I think this side of things will even out to make about 17-24 points.

Shelby has definitely played much tougher competition. SP has beaten up on the little sisters of the poor better, though. In real football games....that doesn't help as much as playing that good competition. I hope I'm wrong - but the great one's prediction is 24-20 Shelby winner with #44 showing he is the best player on the field.

I'm just glad Shelby isn't running and hiding anymore. Thanks for playing us again Shelby.
Xs and Os,
The Kid

HEAR YE !! HEAR YE !!
Enough. The enlightened one will offer what everyone wants - a crystal ball so you can know the outcome of the biggest game in Cleveland County's history since the 90s. Speaking of balls... Crest fans we are not talking about locker room antics with each other and Shelby fans we are not talking about 8 balls (I will allow each reader to fill in his/her own joke to appropriately offend themselves based on whether they take that reference as a drug OR gambling shot).

Shelby D vs. SP O: This is where the game will be decided. Shelby has a fine defense. They have a couple studs, especially that one who everyone knows about. He dominated the run offense against SP last year- YES. If ever our local Belmontonians want to know what a D1 player looks like versus "other guys" - there you go. But, they still allow us to play with 11 in Belmont. So, you better have somebody else with a set or you will get set.

But....SPs offense has some things...and even though we aren't individually super talented on offense at skill positions we still have some pieces to play with. Most importantly we have #72 upfront. If Shelby has somebody to match him up it will be thrilling to see. Do you Shelby? The answer is no. Failed another test, I see. Yall gotta be used to that by now. Still - you gotta figure 14-17 points is possible including the pass game to that one fellow we have. Hope Shelby hasn't been scouting us much. Sidenote: I know it looks like SP throws to one guy every year the last 5-6 years but really we just leave those other guys off the stats sheet. Beware of those "other" guys. Another nice thing about our #5 is he doesn't have to play much against their #44.

SP D vs. Shelby offense. SP not as good on defense as most think, and Shelby not great on offense. I think this side of things will even out to make about 17-24 points.

Shelby has definitely played much tougher competition. SP has beaten up on the little sisters of the poor better, though. In real football games....that doesn't help as much as playing that good competition. I hope I'm wrong - but the great one's prediction is 24-20 Shelby winner with #44 showing he is the best player on the field.

I'm just glad Shelby isn't running and hiding anymore. Thanks for playing us again Shelby.
Xs and Os,
The Kid

You dirty bastard! Good post except the score though.

Reactions: Mopar forever
Just facts. You aren't better than South Pointe. Neither were we. I know it hurts to say it, but it's true.

On the other hand, we are the best team you've played this far.

Just facts. You aren't better than South Pointe. WMD.

This is not a fact, it's an opinion. Should I tell you why?

So you are saying we don't know if South Point is better than the Philadelphia Eagles, simply because they haven't played? That is your logic?

Reactions: Lion Attack
Are you kidding me? Schedule strength? Let me tell you Lions something! YOU ARE, playing your toughest opponent Friday night. We don't worry about who we play. We make sure our focus is on us! Your schedule isn't playing us, your kids are. Helpful hint, concentrate on yourselves, not schedules. Beating any other team isn't going to help you beat us!
Second toughest, South Pointe with an E was the toughest. Calm down lil Red Raider. Friday can’t get here soon enough.

So you are saying we don't know if South Point is better than the Philadelphia Eagles, simply because they haven't played? That is your logic?

Yes, that is what I'm saying and your extreme example doesn't mean crap. Until they play and one beats the other, the rest is conjecture and opinion. The fact is, you lost! Absent a game between SPe and SP, both teams record is 0-0 against each other. The fact is, Shelby 0-1 against SPe! Your opinion is SP 0-1 against SPe.

I'm dropping the mic now!!! Bwahahaha!!!

In that case, The Raiders "might" be the best team in the whole wide world, because they have played no one.

Second toughest, South Pointe with an E was the toughest. Calm down lil Red Raider. Friday can’t get here soon enough.

I'm chill, Hitman. Thanks for your concern. Any fingernails left to chew on?

That's easy seadog, beat us and you are better than us. Beat us by 30 or so, and you are in the conversation with South Point. I love how I have complimented you guys all along the way. I've only said you are a good team. But man, quote a few facts and the Raider panties get all twisted.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
That's easy seadog, beat us and you are better than us. Beat us by 30 or so, and you are in the conversation with South Point. I love how I have complimented you guys all along the way. I've only said you are a good team. But man, quote a few facts and the Raider panties get all twisted.

Love ya brother, but you have quoted zero facts about the results of an SP v SPe game. On a side note, I think your reference to "panties in a wad" is sexist and I won't tolerate it, bitch!

Love ya brother, but you have quoted zero facts about the results of an SP v SPe game. On a side note, I think your reference to "panties in a wad" is sexist and I won't tolerate it!

1. I have only stated facts. SPe would beat you 10 out of 10 times. These truths are well-documented.

2. Not sexist. Men can wear whatever type of undergarment they choose in 2017.

Reactions: seadog28
As long as we're keeping score, I have to rank Shelby's concession stand in the bottom 10% percentile of all concession stands I've ever stumbled upon. As evidenced by my shape, I've greeted a number of concession stands that corresponds with what one particular eating establishment might call "a plenty".

Now, I think Shelby may be scared of the 1) the cold 2) the dark and 3)flushing toilets. All these things may be in effect near them on Friday; will it be enough to rotate them off their even-spinning axis toward the state championship? How many smoke screens can one throw effectively vs. a team/defense that isn't handi-able? I think the children of SP still know how to tackle a little better than most around. Typically we have much more speed than most give us credit for (not saying we do this year mind you)...but you may see that our defense is able to run and tackle better than expected Shelbyfolk.

Is SPe better than SP this year? Yes. Why? 2 special players. You can't take them off the roster, but if SPe wants a piece next year going forward I'm sure the real SP will do like always and take the challenge head on. I think the Golden Lions will find that we tackle better than SPe THIS year and almost as good as the Golden Lion cheerleaders do on a first date (holla!!)

1. I have only stated facts. SPe would beat you 10 out of 10 times. These truths are well-documented.

2. Not sexist. Men can wear whatever type of undergarment they choose in 2017.

You're killing me, WMD. Are you a liberal snowflake? Until SP plays SPe and loses or wins, this year, we will not know. Any conversation about it is conjecture. Hello!

Years ago we played at some small school like West Lincoln or something. I wish I could remember which one it was. Probably the 2006 season. Anyhow, we're walking up early and they are clearly planning for like 200 people to show up. There's two guys standing there flipping burgers on a little grill. The two of us bought the four burgers they were cooking, and then pointed down the hill to the army of Shelby fans coming their way. You should have seen those guys eyes. Good burgers though.

Year in and out, East Rutherford is by far best concessions. Crest visitor side is the worst in the world. Shelby is definitely low.

Reactions: seadog28
You're killing me, WMD. Are you a liberal snowflake? Until SP plays SPe and loses or wins, this year, we will not know. Any conversation about it is conjecture. Hello!

Incorrect, my fat-fingered friend. There are measures that we use to rank teams, even if they don't play one another. By every measurable unit, SPe is better. Don't let that spoil the season for you, though. Coming in second in our conference is nothing to be ashamed up for the Raiders.

Years ago we played at some small school like West Lincoln or something. I wish I could remember which one it was. Probably the 2006 season. Anyhow, we're walking up early and they are clearly planning for like 200 people to show up. There's two guys standing there flipping burgers on a little grill. The two of us bought the four burgers they were cooking, and then pointed down the hill to the army of Shelby fans coming their way. You should have seen those guys eyes. Good burgers though.

Year in and out, East Rutherford is by far best concessions. Crest visitor side is the worst in the world. Shelby is definitely low.

At a Crest game, my son asked for a chili dog and got a bun with chili in it. I'm not bs-ing. Apparently, he should have ordered a hot dog with chili. You can't make this up folks!

"Not so fast my friend."

Shelby concessions used to be terrible. They are fantastic now...

Hamburgers
Hotdogs
Livermush Sandwiches
Bologna Sandwiches
Pizza
French Fries
Chili cheese fries
Chicken Wings

Evidently DA hired a crew to come in and run the concession stand. It is great. You should try it again now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT