ADVERTISEMENT

South Point Red Raiders vs Shelby Golden Lions Rd II

As I look into the future I can picture all the good ole boys (redneck SP fans) sitting at Sammys next Friday night drinking a cold beer and watching Rambo again and saying maybe we should have gave Shelby some respect.

We, as a fanbase, do give your program respect...moreso than any other HS team around here. But these recent editions aren't the Shelby of old. If you are from Shelby, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Cedric Surratt, Omar Roberts, Gwaltney, Tim Spikes and Robert Williams AND most importantly the Greg Taylor types and hundreds of others like him who barely anyone knew their name that were so crucial to those team's successes are gone. That era of speed, toughness, talent, discipline and consistent effort is not present in most parts of today's society and you can see a clear distance from where Shelby used to be versus where they are now. It's not disrespect - I just personally feel bad that you all don't recognize this. I want out of 2a ball ASAP so that SP doesn't fall into this same lull of warm and fuzzy security where you play 1-2 games every year and moonwalk to a "championship".
It's HS football and anything can happen anytime. Yes, it's also hard to beat a good team twice in the same season. But, given what you have (or don't have....and the area where those guys are missing) I really see the W for SP. I think it will be close. Adjustments will be made on both sides. I think Shelby will come out with a better gameplan. I don't see the fire in their eyes or in their feet that they one had. Come around Belmont in July-Augusts....we still produce that fire around here. Basketball season awaits those who embrace it.

We, as a fanbase, do give your program respect...moreso than any other HS team around here. But these recent editions aren't the Shelby of old. If you are from Shelby, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Cedric Surratt, Omar Roberts, Gwaltney, Tim Spikes and Robert Williams AND most importantly the Greg Taylor types and hundreds of others like him who barely anyone knew their name that were so crucial to those team's successes are gone. That era of speed, toughness, talent, discipline and consistent effort is not present in most parts of today's society and you can see a clear distance from where Shelby used to be versus where they are now. It's not disrespect - I just personally feel bad that you all don't recognize this. I want out of 2a ball ASAP so that SP doesn't fall into this same lull of warm and fuzzy security where you play 1-2 games every year and moonwalk to a "championship".
It's HS football and anything can happen anytime. Yes, it's also hard to beat a good team twice in the same season. But, given what you have (or don't have....and the area where those guys are missing) I really see the W for SP. I think it will be close. Adjustments will be made on both sides. I think Shelby will come out with a better gameplan. I don't see the fire in their eyes or in their feet that they one had. Come around Belmont in July-Augusts....we still produce that fire around here. Basketball season awaits those who embrace it.
2a has better teams this year than 3a.

Reactions: 96panther
7-0, 7-3, 14-3, 14-9, 21-9, 21-15 with Shelby driving in the 4th quarter.....

After the first 2 minute debacle.....the game was close....there will be no first 2 minute debacle this time.

After the first 2 minute debacle.....the game was close....there will be no first 2 minute debacle this time.

What game did you go to? It was 21-3 at half and then SP scored on the opening drive of the 3rd quarter to make it 28-3. You scored on a backside screen and made it 28-9. We then scored to make it 35-9 and you returned the kick. Damn if you are gonna try to make your argument stand tall atleast make it real. This is why people think you are a joke.

First quarter
SP - Matthew Robinson 15 yard blocked punt return (Cade Ratliff kick), 10:31
SP - Jake Alexander 56 run (Ratliff kick), 7:41
Second quarter
SP - Ray Grier 36 run (Ratliff kick), 11:50
Sh - Chase Hendrick 26 field goal, 4:27
Third quarter
SP - Scottie Lee 52 run (Ratliff kick), 11:21
Sh - Xavier Brooks 56 pass from Malik Sarratt (kick blocked), 8:52
Fourth quarter
SP - Keaton Hale 8 run (Ratliff kick), 6:50
Sh - Brooks 95 kickoff return (conversion failed, 6:35

You can keep thinking about those glorious two weeks sitting at home next week. I prefer to dwell in the present

Present Fact: Shelby is better than South Point by at least two touchdowns.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
You can keep thinking about those glorious two weeks sitting at home next week. I prefer to dwell in the present

Good thing you like to live in the present..... cause presently you are sucking hind tit. Count to 35, then count to 15. Then count it again..... then subtract the first 2 minutes. Then count it again........ You lose every time.

Reactions: sasha_nc

I'm really trying to somehow understand how you come up with a Shelby 2 score victory after having witnessed the last totally dominating beat down. Is Shelby lala land?

Oh whitemiles....they have no idea...actually I think they do and this is why they are talking so much ish....because they know this is the last Thursday this year that they will be able to talk on these boards...

Reactions: whitemilesdavis
Oh whitemiles....they have no idea...actually I think they do and this is why they are talking so much ish....because they know this is the last Thursday this year that they will be able to talk on these boards...

The absence of logic and reality in these posts is disturbing.

3A football is know way near as good as 2A football in 2017.Perfect example is last year as SP went right through the 3a teams to win the championship as did Weddington.Both with loses to 2a teams.

Scores as the game progressed, 7-0, 14-0. 21-0, 21-3, 28-3, 28-9, 35-9, 35-15. After the Shelby KO return to make it 35-15, SP ran out the clock until going into the victory formation sparing further humiliation for Shelby. 72 says the game was close. That game was last close during the National Anthem.

RT they didn't here the National Anthem. It's apparent they weren't at the game. My guess they got screwed up with the "E" thing and spent the evening in Rock Hill. At least down there they would not give up 35 points.

Reactions: seadog28
Living in the past must be nice.

I'm sorry, but Shelby fans saying this is just astounding. After all the mess you guys give everyone else, YOU'RE saying don't live in the past?!

Also, 2A better than 3A? On what basis? No team in 2A would want to play Charlotte Catholic, that I promise you. Also, a healthy Dudley team. They have battled injuries this year. Mt. Tabor is a quality team as well.

Somebody that doesn't have the ability to understand what they saw yesterday dam sure don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Studies performed at Stanford School of Medicine released just last week found this type memory malfunction relates to people spending excess of 10 years combing their hair with a pork chop bone. They determined the marrow in a pork chop bone penetrated the scalp causing memory paralysis. The Clinton's surfer with the same paralysis.
I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMEN....SOUTH POINT BARELY BEAT SHELBY

Last edited:
72 is right. Get it all in. Last time you'll get be on the board this year.

Matt Beam said he was really just showing the IQ of the average South Point fan.

We mistakenly thought he was shooting the bird.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
Personally I am going to miss these knuckleheads and their short term memory after tomorrow night. Not sure who SP will play next but Shelby's next game is in the Lion's gym against Ashbrook on Tuesday night.

24 hours from now this thread will go quiet save celebrating Red Raiders. The delusional Lions will be smoked out like cockroaches.

Does Mount Pleasant have anything for South Point? They gave Shelby a fit a couple years ago.

Somebody that doesn't have the ability to understand what they saw yesterday dam sure don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Studies performed at Stanford School of Medicine released just last week found this type memory malfunction relates to people spending excess of 10 years combing their hair with a pork chop bone. They determined the marrow in a pork chop bone penetrated the scalp causing memory paralysis. The Clinton's surfer with the same paralysis.
I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMEN....SOUTH POINT BARELY BEAT SHELBY

I spewed on that one! That is the quote of the week, hands down. If SP is on their game tomorrow like you are with this one, it's a freakin blowout!

It's time to say thanks to my fellow Raider fans and all you Lion fans for a fun filled few weeks. It's no different tonight than it was 2 weeks ago. Those kids on both sides will lay it on the line tomorrow night and like 2 weeks ago it's anybody's game. One will move on and the other go home but there will be no losers. Let all participant come away free of injury.
It's a week from THANKSGIVING but never to early to being thankful. We lost Coach Young from West Rowan this week after spending the last couple years fighting for his life. I hope everyone has Coach Young and family in your prayers this week.
To you Lion fans let me be the first to welcome you back to Belmont for what should be another classic. Couldn't have more respect for a program and fan base. Yes we spent the last couple weeks wearing each other out but what was going on behind our backs were Hibriten, Franklin, Mr Pleasant, Foard, E Duplin, N. Davidson and all the others remaining in the field hoping there were a way for both Shelby and South Point to lose tomorrow night. They really don't want any part of either of us.
I would have preferred a West Final meeting for our respective teams in hope of witnessing the largest crowd in Lineberger Stadium history but the football Gods didn't want it that way.
I really hope none of my sly comments were taken personal or hurt anyone's feeling. But for those that may have hurt mine...FU.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

It's time to say thanks to my fellow Raider fans and all you Lion fans for a fun filled few weeks. It's no different tonight than it was 2 weeks ago. Those kids on both sides will lay it on the line tomorrow night and like 2 weeks ago it's anybody's game. One will move on and the other go home but there will be no losers. Let all participant come away free of injury.
It's a week from THANKSGIVING but never to early to being thankful. We lost Coach Young from West Rowan this week after spending the last couple years fighting for his life. I hope everyone has Coach Young and family in your prayers this week.
To you Lion fans let me be the first to welcome you back to Belmont for what should be another classic. Couldn't have more respect for a program and fan base. Yes we spent the last couple weeks wearing each other out but what was going on behind our backs were Hibriten, Franklin, Mr Pleasant, Foard, E Duplin, N. Davidson and all the others remaining in the field hoping there were a way for both Shelby and South Point to lose tomorrow night. They really don't want any part of either of us.
I would have preferred a West Final meeting for our respective teams in hope of witnessing the largest crowd in Lineberger Stadium history but the football Gods didn't want it that way.
I really hope none of my sly comments were taken personal or hurt anyone's feeling. But for those that may have hurt mine...FU.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Same here.See you in Lineberger.

As always, I hope everyone here knows that all my jabbering has been in good fun. Just trying to keep the pot stirred after what you guys did to us two weeks ago. Are we nervous? Of course we are! You handled us like we were a middle school team the last time we played. Anyone who says they aren't concerned is lying or delusional (or having a little message board fun :) ). South Point could absolutely end our season tonight. If so, we'll leave with our heads high. No shame in giving your all and being beaten by a better team.
But here's the other thing: I know without the slightest doubt that we could win tonight. Those kids taking the field tonight have three rings on their fingers. Those weren't given to them freely. They didn't get those rings because they tapped out when things got tough. Yes, they are naturally gifted athletes, but don't doubt for a second that they have put in the hard work necessary to be called champ. And they are beyond tough. Somebody mentioned those Shelby legends from the 80's earlier. Hey, I idolized those guys as a kid. The guys taking the field tonight are every bit as strong, fast, and tough as any of those names you mentioned, and most importantly they'll still be wearing that gold helmet, they'll still pile up on the sideline before the game, and they'll still be part of the best program in North Carolina football history.

South Point fans, thank you for making it a fun year. If you win tonight, I'll come on and congratulate you. I really...REALLY...hope you lose.

Raidersway, I agree with you wholeheartedly but would have preferred to keep the verbal barrage up a little longer into the day. The week leading up to games with Shelby and Crest have always been fun as each fan base is football knowledgeable, passionate, and somewhat FOS. There are some classic posts in the threads leading up to these two Shelby games. I will forever smile when I hear the word, "weedeater". I am ready for the game to be played but also hate to see this thread meet its end. One of these two teams will move on to next week and I can promise you that neither would have as much fun with the next opponent. Now that I have finished writing this, I will dab the tears from my eyes and go back to what I was doing. Planting hidden video cameras and mics in Shelby's locker room and coaches office and spiking the cafeteria food with Ex-Lax.

I'm willing to bet that not a single Shelby fan owns a weedeater . Their logic this week has sucked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT