ADVERTISEMENT

South Point Red Raiders vs Shelby Golden Lions Rd II

Raidersway, I agree with you wholeheartedly but would have preferred to keep the verbal barrage up a little longer into the day. The week leading up to games with Shelby and Crest have always been fun as each fan base is football knowledgeable, passionate, and somewhat FOS. There are some classic posts in the threads leading up to these two Shelby games. I will forever smile when I hear the word, "weedeater". I am ready for the game to be played but also hate to see this thread meet its end. One of these two teams will move on to next week and I can promise you that neither would have as much fun with the next opponent. Now that I have finished writing this, I will dab the tears from my eyes and go back to what I was doing. Planting hidden video cameras and mics in Shelby's locker room and coaches office and spiking the cafeteria food with Ex-Lax.

RT I understand your concern but honestly I went over to the 3A board prior to that post last night and saw a post reminding me of Coach Young's passing this week. As I read that post and threads I could not help but think about how precious life is and what is important. My guess is if Coach Young had been blessed with my health he would have West Rowan challenging for a state championship this year. It made me respect life as it pertains to family, friends and foe. Prayers to them all.
Please give me some credit however I did end the mushy stuff with FU to all the Lion fans.

It's game day fellas (and the nice lady from SP) it's about to get really real. Safe travels and hope all the players have a safe game. May the best team win don't leave any doubt. God I hope I get their early and don't have to sit beside the band again o_O

The last time Shelby went out in the second round was 2009. I looked and both the 2009 and 2017 team averaged scoring 32 pts. per game and gave up 12 pts. per game.

Before everyone gets teary eyed, I must post a parting shot. RT, I think you will like this.
23593348_1627871617307373_8129559877232684304_o.jpg

Just got the first feeds back from my hidden surveillance at Shelby High. Following is the transcript:

Hollifield: What do you want me to do, Sensei?
Ware: Sweep the leg!

Reactions: whitemilesdavis
It has been fun reading the South Point/Shelby threads for the past couple weeks . It is a shame someone has to end their season tonight . If Shelby was to lose , I would much rather it be to South Point than anyone else . To the winner tonight , good luck and bring the hardware back to our conference .

It has been fun reading the South Point/Shelby threads for the past couple weeks . It is a shame someone has to end their season tonight . If Shelby was to lose , I would much rather it be to South Point than anyone else . To the winner tonight , good luck and bring the hardware back to our conference .

I agree wholeheartedly. Picking at the Shelby and Crest fans is what makes the whole time leading up to the game so much fun. Those teams play serious football and when you can beat them you know you are beating the best. With that said, hey Lions aren't you just thrilled that we moved down to 2AA and you moved up there also? I know the rest of the state is euphoric because it automatically opens up a slot for another state champ. At 10:00 tonight there will be (7) 2AA teams that know they just dodged one big bullet and there is only one more to go. Good luck to both teams tonight. Whoever wins, go to Chapel Hill and bring back that trophy to the Southwest 2A conference where it belongs. Have fun tonight Shelby fans, enjoy your basketball season.

Need more commentary. You didn't mention Shelby went 3 and out and then gave SP great field position. You know the 72/98 will say the TD doesn't count because we didn't drive the entire length of the field.

Take the play by play, Sasha. I'll do the color!

Reactions: sasha_nc
Shelby forced to punt on their 2nd possession. SP started from their own 40. SP quickly moved into Shelby territory. A pass interference call on Shelby on a 2nd and 20 at the S48 made it 2nd and 5 from the S33. The Red Raiders struggled to advance but made it to the S18 before attempting a failed FG. Shelby took over on their 20. 1st quarter ended with Shelby 3rd and long. SP 7-0

Surratt connected with a pass on 3rd and 17 to get the 1st down to begin the 2nd qtr and put the Lions at mid-field. An encroachment penalty by SP moved them closer. Another pass put Shelby on the SP24, Several plays later set up a 1st and goal from the SP10. Shelby gets on the board 2 plays later on a 4yd run but missed the PAT. SP 7 - Shelby 6 with 8 left in the half

We stop them on 3rd and 12 interception...The red hat referees call us for pass int, then on top of that a personal foul..... 30 free yards...

Here the refs go bailing South Point out.
That is the damn truth! Both players feet got tangled and the SP receiver slipped. That was a piss poor call and the SP home side is getting the calls with the obnoxious bitching every time. Dax pulled the QB down by the middle of his jersey and they all yelled for a penalty then too. Shut the hell up and let the kids play.

Reactions: Lion Attack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT