ADVERTISEMENT

South Point @ Crest.....

I don't see any team putting long drives together on the Chargers but if our defense plays lights out and we protect he ball we have enough home run ability to play with them. We will score on that D mark it down you dang patsies.

Crest Defensive Coordinator has been great all year! Giving this D Coordinator 2 shots at a team is worth the price of admission Friday nite. Turned Moe Neal into a nonfactor running for his life last nite.

Maybe Crest can do to South Point what South Point did to Cramer. Just so they know how it feels. Friday night is going to be fun to watch.

Life is good!! I woke up this morning realizing that we are playing Crest for a championship late in the season. Knowing the results of multiple past similar circumstances, even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to get the smile off my face with sandpaper.

This post was edited on 11/29 1:09 PM by seadog28

CREST in this one....easy. East Rowan couldn't play a lick of defense, but their offense would have actually matched up better against CREST, than SP.

Crest just wants to play the best.
So just line um up baby.
This team is ready for the next challenge.
That's right.

Originally posted by crestmas:
Crest just wants to play the best.
So just line um up baby.
This team is ready for the next challenge.
That's right.
We'll be there Friday night.

Originally posted by egfan:
CREST in this one....easy. East Rowan couldn't play a lick of defense, but their offense would have actually matched up better against CREST, than SP.
That is probably true. ER on offense may be more like the Ashbrook teams that have given the Chargers absolute fits in past seasons. Several times last night they went into a no-huddle offense that I think might disrupt the Crest defense.

This post was edited on 11/29 2:05 PM by sasha_nc

We believe!!
We believe!!
We believe that we will win!!
We believe that we will win!!!

I Believe I can Fly
I Believe I can Touch the Sky
I think about it everyday
Spread my wings and fly away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
roll.r191677.gif

That's for you SEADOG
gotcha parking space behind the softball field
watch from outside don't bother to pay to get in.
This post was edited on 11/29 2:54 PM by Crestuff

The main thing you have to do against South Point's offense is play DISCIPLINE on defense and I think those Crest Chargers will do just that for the second time. Therefore, it will be a long night for South Point. I also think that Crest offensive line will pretty much control South Point's slow defensive line which will allow the QB #7 to pick apart their depleted secondary. Harbison will have his way against them like he did the first time as well. If SP starts going 3 and out then it could get REAL ugly for them. If they don't control the line of scrimmage then it will be over in the 2nd quarter. Crest is making a statememt. Just saying

Wonder how many personal fouls D1 gets ? How many times will the QB lay down ? I'm betting they quit in the 2nd qt.

SP is playing the 2014 Cleveland County Champions the 2014 S.M.A.C. Champions, and the 2014 Big South Champions ask SP, Ashbrook and Forestview.

TICK-TOCK

False...
Forestview is the 2014 Big South Champions. While you kicked our tail last night, you can't take that away from us

Originally posted by Crestuff:

I Believe I can Fly
I Believe I can Touch the Sky
I think about it everyday
Spread my wings and fly away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
roll.r191677.gif

That's for you SEADOG
gotcha parking space behind the softball field
watch from outside don't bother to pay to get in.
This post was edited on 11/29 2:54 PM by Crestuff
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by crestrulz:
SP is playing the 2014 Cleveland County Champions the 2014 S.M.A.C. Champions, and the 2014 Big South Champions ask SP, Ashbrook and Forestview.

TICK-TOCK

Don't forget, we are also playing the 2014 3a Western Region runner ups.

Originally posted by seadog28:

TICK-TOCK

Don't forget, we are also playing the 2014 3a Western Region runner ups.
True but they had a good season. They even won a game in Belmont before they all became grandparents.

Chirp away. You all know what the deal is down deep inside. As a matter of fact. Where you been SUCKER? You've been missing since the first of the year. You're all giddy now.....
laugh.r191677.gif

It's supposed to be fair weather Friday night. You'll fit right in.

Chirp! Chirp! Chirp!.

I'd like to wager on something. In what quarter will your QB lay down out of fear in this particular game for the first time, and what's the over and under on how many times he will lay down.

PAIN!

What is the over / under for the number of cramps the nags will have Friday? Midol should be the official sponsor for Sid Bryson Stadium.

Originally posted by redraider73:
What is the over / under for the number of cramps the nags will have Friday? Midol should be the official sponsor for Sid Bryson Stadium.
LOOK! You've came back, too.
laugh.r191677.gif

When you leave with about 8 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Stop by the mall and check out the new Sports store. It's awesome.

Chirp away. You all know what the deal is down deep inside. As a matter of fact. Where you been SUCKER? You've been missing since the first of the year. You're all giddy now.....
laugh.r191677.gif

Chirp! Chirp! Chirp!.

I'd like to wager on something. In what quarter will your QB lay down out of fear in this particular game for the first time, and what's the over and under on how many times he will lay down.

PAIN!
I've been missing longer than that my friend. New additions to the family and 1000 hrs overtime a year will cause you to get missing. I just couldn't help myself this week. Hope alls been well I know it has on Friday nights.

Crest would have gotten bigger challenges from some of those teams in 1A like Swain County. Pitiful 3A bracket!
tired.r191677.gif

Breaking news......A "pucker factor" alert has been issued for the greater Cleveland County area.

This post was edited on 11/30 6:53 AM by seadog28

Originally posted by sasha_nc:

seadog, are you going to this game or the CC/Vance game?
Footsoldier and I will be watching Rock play while hooting at and celebrating the texts from Sid Bryson.

Originally posted by SuckerPunch10:

laugh.r191677.gif

Chirp! Chirp! Chirp!.

PAIN!
I've been missing longer than that my friend. New additions to the family and 1000 hrs overtime a year will cause you to get missing. I just couldn't help myself this week. Hope alls been well I know it has on Friday nights.
I hear that bro. Congrats on the new additions, my friend. I was in the same place in my life at one point. I made 59,000 dollars one year, and only made 16.25 an hour. I worked 80 hours a week a lot that year, and a couple of weeks I got 112 hours. 16 hour days 7 days a week sucked. I thought I had to do it because of the kids, but I missed a lot of time with them.

Anyway, if you're going to make it down it would be good to see you again. I believe Asheville was the last time. You're a good guy bro.

Mickey and Scott were at the school yesterday clearing some room in the trophy case for the 2014 NCHSAA championship trophy. It is starting to get a little crowded. Meanwhile, Billy Bob, the local Boiling Springs moonshiner, was simultaneously working overtime to stock up enough shine to get the CC Chargers fans through their misery next Friday night.

Pressure

We raided the Burns roster to win it all!

Pressure

We have claimed to be the best team in the State!

Pressure

What if our defense gets get scored on?

Pressure

Oh no, Havelock is still in it!

Pressure

Oh no, South Point is still in it!

Pressure

We haven't won one in 10 years!

Pressure

We have been runner up 3 times in a row!

Pressure

The mighty Red Raiders might have improved

Pressure

I can't remember ever beating the Red Raiders in Bryson!

Pressure

If we lose, what will I have to live for?

Pressure, pressure, pressure!!!

A poem submitted by a humble Red Raider fan

Originally posted by seadog28:
Pressure

We raided the Burns roster to win it all!

Pressure

We have claimed to be the best team in the State!

Pressure

What if our defense gets get scored on?

Pressure

Oh no, Havelock is still in it!

Pressure

Oh no, South Point is still in it!

Pressure

We haven't won one in 10 years!

Pressure

We have been runner up 3 times in a row!

Pressure

The mighty Red Raiders might have improved

Pressure

I can't remember ever beating the Red Raiders in Bryson!

Pressure

If we lose, what will I have to live for?

Pressure, pressure, pressure!!!

A poem submitted by a humble Red Raider fan
Didn't David Bowie sing that?

Originally posted by chargerbacker1:
Do you know how diamonds are formed ? Pressure...... This ain;t our first rodeo.....

You'd have a better chance if it was your first rodeo, but I'm sure Draughn is pulling for you.

Expert game analysis:

Crest = Concord....different day, different venue!!!

Originally posted by HitmanT:
Crest would have gotten bigger challenges from some of those teams in 1A like Swain County. Pitiful 3A bracket!
tired.r191677.gif
Easily.

Crest is clearly the best defensive team that I have seen this year. Looked back at the stats and some game film from our first meeting with Crest which was a solid 35-13 Crest win. Crest had 103 yards rushing and 168 passing with 86 of that coming on a long TD pass for a total of 271 yards. SP was held to 141 yards which is likely as low as SP has seen in the past twenty years. SP QB Brooks was held to 15 carries for 2 yards, FB Etherton ran for 93 yards. Tanner Muse played very little WB and did not carry the ball. Crest had the game solidly in hand from the start and pulled their foot off of the gas in the 4th quarter. In my opinion, both offenses are better than they were in that game. SP's young offensive line has improved, but will clearly face the best that they have seen since week one.

Other interesting fact for SP offense. SP followed up the Crest loss with another loss to Lincolnton and only gained 247 yards. The following week they put up 547 yards on Shelby and averaged 423 yards per game thereafter. They were only held to less than 300 yards one more time. That was in the 75-0 win over Stuart Cramer where SP only had 285 yards of offense. SP scored defensive TD's, played with backups and a running clock for the second half. SP only ran 32 plays in the game.

Originally posted by chargerbacker1:
The cc thread is on the 4a forum.

I wore the RED and BLACK!!! Just be glad I don't suit up again on Friday!!!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

No arthritis jokes, please.

That would be funny as hell. Seeing you 2 feet taller than the whole team .
laugh.r191677.gif
There is no way you could bend over enough to crab anybody.
Good luck to cc. I don't hate them as bad now that we don't play them.
The better they do just makes our success at Keffer more special.lol.

This post was edited on 11/30 4:52 PM by chargerbacker1

Lol....we didn't used to be midgets and you didn't used to be crampers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT